Western Mediterranean Cruise 2021

Thinking about booking a Western Mediterranean Cruise in the summer of 2021 out of Rome. Does anyone have any older main dining room dinner menus from the last year or 2 from this cruise? I know that the ship will be different. Just trying to get an idea as to what is going on. How about any past Navigators? Any other advise? Thanks!

11 hours ago, Mhl76 said:

Does anyone have any older main dining room dinner menus from the last year or 2 from this cruise?

The menus should be in the RCI app - look up Allure for this year - it should be about the same next year.

The Menus on the 7 day itinarary are pretty much the same fleet wide, with here and there some adjustments but you will not find a specific theme night in MDR based on the itinarary if you are looking for that. Some exceptions you will find out of UK that always serve some Pie and curries, although a curry is normally available fleetwide upon request.  in Windjammer (or whatever the venue will be then) you will have on Odyssey likely a Italian and Greek theme dinner at some point of the cruise.

Spain supposedly has decided to extend the ban for cruisehips until the "Pandemic is over" for now, if this is the case likely other countries around the Med will follow and this would mean not to suprising now that the cruise season has ended before it started in the Med this year.

52 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Spain supposedly has decided to extend the ban for cruisehips until the "Pandemic is over" for now, if this is the case likely other countries around the Med will follow and this would mean not to suprising now that the cruise season has ended before it started in the Med this year.

I think that was a given at this point, cruising for 2020 is done set sail for US passengers.

Edited by Jimbo

On 6/26/2020 at 1:32 AM, Mhl76 said:

Thinking about booking a Western Mediterranean Cruise in the summer of 2021 out of Rome. Does anyone have any older main dining room dinner menus from the last year or 2 from this cruise? I know that the ship will be different. Just trying to get an idea as to what is going on. How about any past Navigators? Any other advise? Thanks!

Book a pre-cruise hotel in the centre of Rome for at least 2 nights and possibly a post-cruise hotel for 2 nights too as Rome has so many places to see and a central hotel is easy walking distance to most attraction's.

The transfer to Civittavechia port is about an hour from Rome.

There are lots of lovely, interesting Mediterranean ports to see and usually you will have 5-6 port days during a 7 night cruise.

The summer months are very hot and humid in the Mediterranean and we go early June or mid September- mid October to avoid the school holidays and the intense heat and humidity.

Graham.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Have you a link to that please? I have two cruises out of Barcelona next year if they are depending on the pandemic being over then I’ll plan some holidays based on land. 

14 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Have you a link to that please? I have two cruises out of Barcelona next year if they are depending on the pandemic being over then I’ll plan some holidays based on land. 

It's the link to the video, but in German:

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/heute-sendungen/videos/einreisestopp-verlaengert-spanien-kreuzfahrtschiffe-weiterhin-verboten-100.html

By then the pandemic will not be over but hopefully under control to have the authorities to revise the restrictions and allow crusing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Just google Spain cruise ship ban. It's on all news websites. 

• Like 1