Faster to the fun

To each their own. I would absolutely pay for a priority program. However, this one doesn't do it for me. $70 to essentially get in my room two hours earlier and get through guest services faster has no value to me.

Give me priority chair access, and skip through other, actual lines throughout my cruise, and I'll pay.

I've always wondered about the FTTF benefit as well.  We're a family of four; my husband and I have kids who are 12 and 14.  We've only cruised twice, but both times we've been amazed by how expediently Carnival gets its guests through every line.  We sailed from Galveston and were able to board before our scheduled time.  Our bags arrived at our room very quickly--I can't say that I know how quickly because we were off enjoying the amenities of the Breeze.  We rarely need to use the guest services desk, but both times that we've had to, our wait in line was less than five minutes.  We are early birds, so catching a tender into Belize was a non-issue.  I think that FTTF could benefit some people or families, but it's not for us.  

I would get it and it's always been worth it to me, but I don't mind paying extra for the FTTF benefits.  I like boarding early.  I like being able to take my carry-on bags directly to my room because we always travel with carry-ons only.  I've been able to board and have everything put away by 11:10 on a cruise.  I like being able to go through the express line at guest services.  

On my last cruise we weren't able to get it.  The guest services line was huge and I had no choice but to wait in it at that time because my cabin keys would not work.  The express line was short and the crew handled those people first.  Anyway, the benefits have always been worth it to me.  I should reach platinum on my next cruise, so I won't ever have to get it again.

Some people like the benefits and others don't care.  It's no different than the drink package.  For me, it's a complete waste of money but for some it makes their cruise so much more enjoyable and they use the benefits.

• Like 1

Whether it's worth it or not really is subjective. We always get it when we can. We don't take carry-on bags, we each have a larger suitcase, plus a backpack. With FTTF, we don't even bother checking them in at the terminal, they become our "carry-ons" and FTTF allows us to take them directly to our cabin. We can unpack right away if we want to and not have to worry about it later.

We enjoy getting onboard as early as possible. For one, just to start our cruise ASAP, but also to beat the lunch crowds that form as general boarding passengers begin to file in.

I always seem to need to go to Guest Services a time or two for something or another. So I like the priority line there.

We always drive to our cruises, so on debarkation day, we like to get off the ship early and get on the road, so priority debarkation is nice, too.

The best advice I can give is to look at the benefits it provides and decide which ones you're most likely to take advantage of. Then ask yourself if it's worth the price. Maybe even try a cruise with it and without it to compare.

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It seems like a lifetime ago that the biggest topics were things like FTTF, butter, and whether or not the beverage plan is worth it.

Don't forget the bru-ha-ha that got stirred up when Carnival decided to switch from Coke to Pepsi. Of course, I prefer the Pepsi product Dr. Pepper. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

DH and I always have a couple of carry-on bags.  Since he is in a wheelchair, I am carrying the bags.  We like to be able to get to the cabin first, dump the bags, use the bathroom and then hit the food before the lines happen.  Once we were so early, we waited for the buffet to open at 11 AM.

Yes, simpler times when we debate about fun things like which cruise line has the best soft serve or some other topic that is so much fun to think about right now.  I miss cruising.... I miss being able to take a vacation.  😢

Edited by Barry ATL
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Don't forget the bru-ha-ha that got stirred up when Carnival decided to switch from Coke to Pepsi. Of course, I prefer the Pepsi product Dr. Pepper. :classic_biggrin:

Technically, Dr. Pepper stands alone. They're owned by Keurig now. But I think they have a deal in some parts of the world to be bottled by Pepsi & Coke. If I remember right, Dr. Pepper will only be served on ships out of Galveston & NOLA, so you're good to go. 😉

8 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Technically, Dr. Pepper stands alone. They're owned by Keurig now. But I think they have a deal in some parts of the world to be bottled by Pepsi & Coke. If I remember right, Dr. Pepper will only be served on ships out of Galveston & NOLA, so you're good to go. 😉

You da man! Thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get my rum & Dr.Pepper. :classic_laugh:  It's actually quite good.

(other than a FunShip special, of course.)

• Like 2