New Cruising Guidelines Issued by EU

Georgia_Peaches

On 7/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Paulchili said:

You are mistaken.

There are 3 things they have recommended from the beginning - wash your hands frequently, social distancing and face covering.

Easy enough to follow. If this had been made MANDATORY in all 50 states on Jan 31 when WHO declared this a pandemic, we would be where the rest of the civilized world is now with far fewer deaths and little damage to economy.

Much as I hate to say it -- because I also don't believe there has been a lot of "flip-flopping" (one of the most meaningless allegations in the political world) -- but it is not true that the CDC recommended face coverings from the beginning. Initially we were told that masks were not needed and should not be worn, in order to help conserve them for front-line health care workers with much greater exposure risk.

Of course, when we learned more about the virus, that changed. But again, I would hardly qualify a propensity to learn from and make recommendations based on the latest data as any kind of "flip-flopping". And recommendations from scientists certainly haven't changed every few weeks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

but it is not true that the CDC recommended face coverings from the beginning. Initially we were told that masks were not needed and should not be worn, in order to help conserve them for front-line health care workers with much greater exposure risk.

You must have misread  Paul's  statement  where he  said  IF 

"If this had been made MANDATORY in all 50 states on Jan 31 when WHO declared this a pandemic, we would be where the rest of the civilized world is now with far fewer deaths and little damage to economy."

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You must have misread  Paul's  statement  where he  said  IF 

"If this had been made MANDATORY in all 50 states on Jan 31 when WHO declared this a pandemic, we would be where the rest of the civilized world is now with far fewer deaths and little damage to economy."

No, not at all. I was referring to this: 

On 7/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Paulchili said:

There are 3 things they have recommended from the beginning - wash your hands frequently, social distancing and face covering.

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

No, not at all. I was referring to this: 

Yes, there was an issue of shortage of masks for everyone early on - a huge failing to begin with.

And if we couldn't do it in Jan because of shortage, we certainly could have in Feb & March as an executive ORDER for the entire 50 States. Better a little late than never.

That aside, all we had to do is what every other successful country did - everyone in Singapore, S. Korea, Taiwan, etc wore a mask/face covering.

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Yes, there was an issue of shortage of masks for everyone early on - a huge failing to begin with.

And if we couldn't do it in Jan because of shortage, we certainly could have in Feb & March as an executive ORDER for the entire 50 States. Better a little late than never.

We were given instructions to make our own if we could  not find any non medical masks

It is not rocket science  well maybe  for some 😉

Lots if  ways to make a mask on You tube  but  some I guess needed  it to be mandatory

Just read a story here

People that had covid went to a large party  but did not tell others they were sick  nor did they do the mask thing or distancing 

so now 2 weeks later they are tracing people that may have been there & now probably infected others unknowingly  

It makes me so angry how selfish these people were  ...who knows if they were in my community spreading the virus  while we are limiting outings & staying  home

Rant over

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

We were given instructions to make our own if we could  not find any non medical masks

It is not rocket science  well maybe  for some 😉

Lots if  ways to make a mask on You tube  but  some I guess needed  it to be mandatory

Just read a story here

People that had covid went to a large party  but did not tell others they were sick  nor did they do the mask thing or distancing 

so now 2 weeks later they are tracing people that may have been there & now probably infected others unknowingly  

It makes me so angry how selfish these people were  ...who knows if they were in my community spreading the virus  while we are limiting outings & staying  home

Rant over

If everyone would rant like that maybe more people would listen and help to keep all of us safe !!!

• Like 1