Serious Question - 100% Refund* and OBC

Hello All,

I received notification of my Mardi Gras sailing cancellation today (we have only paid a $250 deposit to date).  As this is the first time I've experienced this situation, I was hoping some of you experts could answer a question for me.  Please see below:

c4cced27-285d-4641-b09b-0d355d125e44.jpg

RE: 100% Future Cruise Credit*: The asterisk* at the bottom of the email states, "*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable."

Does that mean Carnival will be keeping a cancellation fee out of my deposit for a cruise they cancelled?  I hope I'm not sounding dumb, I'm just trying to understand what the asterisk means.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

My cruise was paid in full when Carnival cancelled it.  I was able to roll over everything I paid from the cancelled cruise to a new cruise.  Carnival did not take a cancellation fee out of my deposit.  Since my new cruise was cheaper, I also received a refund on the difference.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

My cruise was paid in full when Carnival cancelled it.  I was able to roll over everything I paid from the cancelled cruise to a new cruise.  Carnival did not take a cancellation fee out of my deposit.  Since my new cruise was cheaper, I also received a refund on the difference.

Exact same thing happened to us. Our only difference, we were given OBC for the difference in cruise costs. Works for me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Exact same thing happened to us. Our only difference, we were given OBC for the difference in cruise costs. Works for me. 

I was given OBC for $125 because my previous FCC could only be applied to the cabin of my new cruise.  Since my previous FCC exceeded the amount for the new cruise cabin, they gave me the difference in an OBC.  I received around $1,000 refund to my credit card for the rest.

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The only thing I can think of is the taxes and fees don't go into your FCC. I was told they will refund that to me. I have received my cheers and internet refund but no taxes and fees refund.

I received the entirety of what I paid as an FCC except Fun Shop purchases.  Taxes, port fees and prepaid gratuities were all given to me as an FCC and applied to a future booking with part of the overage given as OBC, and part applied to a second booking.  

10 minutes ago, SCcruiser123 said:

If we have only paid a $250 deposit will that be credited to new booking?  Any chance we can get a refund if we decide to wait to said again?

If your cruise is/was cancelled by Carnival, they will offer a full refund of whatever you have paid to date.  But be patient - apparently the refunds are taking months to process.

Then you just need to decide when to book again, when you feel comfortable.

20 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

I received the entirety of what I paid as an FCC except Fun Shop purchases.  Taxes, port fees and prepaid gratuities were all given to me as an FCC and applied to a future booking with part of the overage given as OBC, and part applied to a second booking.  

I'll send an email to my TA but that's what he told me Carnival said. 

On June 22nd, I called Carnival to roll over the money from my cancelled September cruise to a cruise in January.  Since the January cruise was less expensive, I was due a refund.  I received that refund on July 3rd.  I was shocked to get the money so quickly.  It was around $1,000.

Some of these "solutions" have always mystified me. After getting off the PANORAMA in January, I immediately booked another cruise for August on her paying $500 in a deposit. This was, of course, cancelled and as I understand it I have until 12/31 to either book another one and get the $600 OBC or my $500 will be refunded. 
Now, my question is . . . If I book another cruise on the PANORAMA will I have to put up ANOTHER DEPOSIT or will the $500 Carnival is still holding apply to that cruise as a deposit? I'm trying to not let Carnival get too deeply into my pocket in case the unmentionable occurs. 🙄

Can someone here help me? I was on the Dec 5, 2020 Mardi Gras and received the cancellation notice. When you go to the "CARNIVAL CANCELED CRUISES: OPTION FORM" There is the first portion where you pick Option 1 FCC and OBC, or Option 2 Refund. We want the FCC and the OBC (we already have a couple of other cruises booked for later on to transfer it to). Then you put in your Original Booking information. The next section has this shown here. Am I supposed to put my new booking information here or is that ONLY for if I had cancelled the cruise? Thank you in advance. I was going to call Carnival, but I am not wanting to hold for hours.

aaaaa.png

Edited by aquasea
spelling

On 7/7/2020 at 4:04 PM, glrounds said:

Some of these "solutions" have always mystified me. After getting off the PANORAMA in January, I immediately booked another cruise for August on her paying $500 in a deposit. This was, of course, cancelled and as I understand it I have until 12/31 to either book another one and get the $600 OBC or my $500 will be refunded. 
Now, my question is . . . If I book another cruise on the PANORAMA will I have to put up ANOTHER DEPOSIT or will the $500 Carnival is still holding apply to that cruise as a deposit? I'm trying to not let Carnival get too deeply into my pocket in case the unmentionable occurs. 🙄

I've done FCC before and did not have to put anything down on the new cruise. If the deposit is more than your $500 FCC you would have to pay the difference I suppose.