Attention FlowRiders... will this be a suitable replacement for surfing on a ship since we won’t be

I just ordered a FlowRider replacement for surfing on the ships.  Am I insane?  Anyone ever done this?  Should I cancel it?

It is called a Slingshot Hover Glide Foil Wake V3.  You can do it behind virtually any boat.  I bought a new tritoon about 3 weeks ago since cruising and vacations are no longer a thing, so I keep adding toys.  I couldn’t afford a wake surfing boat, nor could I retire to the beach to surf there, so this is my latest thought.  Yes I know I am insane.

Anyway, would love to hear thoughts and opinions about my current insanity.

jc

DA723CBF-3467-4466-9F2C-62EC5755CE1E.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

It is called a Slingshot Hover Glide Foil Wake V3.  You can do it behind virtually any boat.  I bought a new tritoon about 3 weeks ago since cruising and vacations are no longer a thing, so I keep adding toys.  

So how many cabins does the tritoon have?  Any specialty restaurants?  Is this the model with the Bionic Bar?  Asking for a friend....

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

You can do it behind virtually any boat.

Maybe, but I personally wouldn’t try it in the wake of Voyager-class. Meanwhile, I’ll get my fix with low good tunes. Low, Right Round, etc. 

46 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I just ordered a FlowRider replacement for surfing on the ships.  Am I insane?  Anyone ever done this?  Should I cancel it?

It is called a Slingshot Hover Glide Foil Wake V3.  You can do it behind virtually any boat.  I bought a new tritoon about 3 weeks ago since cruising and vacations are no longer a thing, so I keep adding toys.  I couldn’t afford a wake surfing boat, nor could I retire to the beach to surf there, so this is my latest thought.  Yes I know I am insane.

jc

DA723CBF-3467-4466-9F2C-62EC5755CE1E.jpeg

You don't have any of those get pulled around a track by cables out your way🤔

Not at our lake.  Those are probably more popular in florida.  I have seen a few in the Midwest but nothing around here.  

My tritoon does have a small table for 4 restaurant a couple of coolers full of drinks and snacks.  We usually have sandwiches, French cheese (mimolette) pickles, chips, fresh fruit, and adult libations.  Not sure why I said bought it 3 weeks ago, as we have had it since Memorial Weekend.

The bionic bar is replaced by me, although beyond lemonade and vodka or gin and tonic, I mostly only pour wine.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 1

Here is a video of how to do it.

I think it should definitely be something a FlowRider would like.

that said, as you youth, I was a really expert slalom water skier, and as a youth I was a very solid snow skier.  So when I did the FlowRider I just knew I could do it easily.... Turns out the FlowRider is very hard... took me many cruises to get to the point I thought I would be the first day.... I hope that mastering this new toy is not that hard!!!!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&p=slingshot+wake+foil+video#id=7&vid=ad1d2c5034ec439a9a9930a7fc98bd23&action=click

JC

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

that said, as you youth, I was a really expert slalom water skier, and as a youth I was a very solid snow skier.  So when I did the FlowRider I just knew I could do it easily.... Turns out the FlowRider is very hard... took me many cruises to get to the point I thought I would be the first day.... I hope that mastering this new toy is not that hard!!!!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&p=slingshot+wake+foil+video#id=7&vid=ad1d2c5034ec439a9a9930a7fc98bd23&action=click

JC

They had a Flowrider on the Amazing Race years ago. One of the contestants was that Aussie who lost her arm. She struggled with it

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Not at our lake.  Those are probably more popular in florida.  I have seen a few in the Midwest but nothing around here.  

My tritoon does have a small table for 4 restaurant a couple of coolers full of drinks and snacks.  We usually have sandwiches, French cheese (mimolette) pickles, chips, fresh fruit, and adult libations.  Not sure why I said bought it 3 weeks ago, as we have had it since Memorial Weekend.

The bionic bar is replaced by me, although beyond lemonade and vodka or gin and tonic, I mostly only pour wine.

jc

I figured you would have one in Branson. Heck, Valdosta, GA has one. 

32 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

JC

That’s pretty neat. Have seen them on the river. 

M8

Where I have seen them (never been to one) they are where the land is flat and making lakes big enough for boats is hard.  We are blessed (cursed) with tremendous ancient mountains the Ozarks which if you put a dam up along the rivers make for excellent deep water lakes.  My sonar says that just a few hundred yards in front of my cabin it is over 130 feet deep.  When you are cruising along charting the bottom peaks soar up from 100 feet below to suddenly just 20 feet below.  There is a cove we particularly like, it is a short 10 minute easy ride from our cabin, where the turtles are trained when a boat drops anchor to come out to because you will get fed.  Where we park in the cove it is less than 50 yards wide, yet there is over 50 feet of water below the deck.  

• Like 1

So, because of the value it had to be signed for, so I had it held at the UPS office today, picked it up at 3:30PM packed for the lake.  Wife came home what the heck is that, new toy I replied.  10 minutes later exactly what kind of new toy do you have?  I said a surf board on top of a hydrofoil. Reply from the DW... I knew it was some sort of crappy surfboard thing, are you nuts?  On the drive to the lake we passed an ambulance, O good the ambulance is ready to take you to the hospital I hear.  

In the morning assembly, watch a you tube.  Take the cover off the boat rewatch the you tube on how to surf it... then off to...

Will let you know how it goes if I am able.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1