The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

So, we've been thinking about Explora cruise line.  Their corporate parent is MSC.  Now I'm not saying this is determinative, but these two guys are hilarious.  In fact they even work in the old Woody Allen joke:

Lady One "the food here is terrible

Lady Two "yeah, and such small portions"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

So, we've been thinking about Explora cruise line.  Their corporate parent is MSC.  Now I'm not saying this is determinative, but these two guys are hilarious.  In fact they even work in the old Woody Allen joke:

Lady One "the food here is terrible

Lady Two "yeah, and such small portions"

I always love their MSC videos!  They always start out on a “you get what you pay for” footing, which is really fair when the cruise is that cheap, but then some of the experiences are just shocking no matter how cheap the cruise is.  MSC Cruises — Yelling at Passengers Until They Cry, Since 1989.  😳 

Vince

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

actually i did  2 MSC in Yacht Club and it was not bad in view for what I paid as a single ... around 3000$ in an outside PH 

but even in YC you cannot compare the food with C  but the speciality restaurants were not bad at all - 

and the non complimentary wines were  very reasonable  

i consider those one week cruises as " a week away "  in winter because both C as Hapag were too far away ... Asia and Australia 

8 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I always love their MSC videos!  They always start out on a “you get what you pay for” footing, which is really fair when the cruise is that cheap, but then some of the experiences are just shocking no matter how cheap the cruise is.  MSC Cruises — Yelling at Passengers Until They Cry, Since 1989.  😳 

Vince

My Manager took her family on MSC back in the early years of its operation. Her comment about the crew and service was "This would be a great job if it wasn't for these annoying passengers." Looks like not much has changed!!😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There are 4 days in September for which I do not have a sunrise, including today and tomorrow.   I decided I would go all out to get one and headed off to my local parking garage.  It turned out to be cloudy but I pressed on.  Near the end of my walk the sun started to appear through the first break in the clouds.  The real thing was somewhat better than what the camera shows, but I'm posting it because my bull headedness won out over common sense.

pine0901.thumb.JPG.98e22f9fd2e44e3b8a1b1c3acbf56267.JPG

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 5

On 9/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, Roland4 said:

My Manager took her family on MSC back in the early years of its operation. Her comment about the crew and service was "This would be a great job if it wasn't for these annoying passengers." Looks like not much has changed!!😮

Sounds like still Yacht Club gets good reviews.  The ultimate "Caste System"

Roy

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

There are 4 days in September for which I do not have a sunrise, including today and tomorrow.   I decided I would go all out to get one and headed off to my local parking garage.  It turned out to be cloudy but I pressed on.  Near the end of my walk the sun started to appear through the first break in the clouds.  The real thing was somewhat better than what the camera shows, but I'm posting it because my bull headedness won out over common sense.

pine0901.thumb.JPG.98e22f9fd2e44e3b8a1b1c3acbf56267.JPG

Roy

Roy, sticking to your principles is good! I’m glad you were successful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

After yesterday's difficulties I had a plan b in case I could not get a sunrise.  Not great but a lot better than yesterday.  This is from the school office building in my neighborhood and the sun while not just rising came brightly through the tree cover:

oclsdawn904a.JPG.9bd66fba28a61a7dbb802ac680722b69.JPG

Roy

• Like 3

So Wednesday night was sous vide prime rib night:

IMG_0225.thumb.jpg.1c99235b3c83779fbad88d6a37d435eb.jpg

Followed on Thursday by another one bites the dust:

IMG_0227.thumb.jpg.806fae411b68f2f5214752e9447b45e4.jpg

Friday was smash burgers (no photos, happens too fast)

And tonight is Saturday, and you know what that means...

True story: the first time OLoPP and I ever encountered the phrase "haricots vert"  it was verbally from a somewhat annoyed waiter at a posh restaurant in a very posh London hotel, many years ago.  We heard it as "hairy corvair" and have been calling them that ever since.  As well, at least we amuse ourselves.

Edited by KenzSailing
typo
  • Haha 8