Unbalanced FCC question

Hi All,

I have a reservation for myself & my wife where guest 1 (me) has about 4 times the charge of guest 2 (my wife) due to a promotion on the second guest and a paid upgrade being charged entirely to guest 1. Would any FCC being issued be proportional to those charges? If that's the case my FCC would be too much for the future cruise we have booked and would be wasted whilst my wife's would cover very little of the fare.

There's a little voodoo, black magic and luck involved with how Royal decides to allocate FCC.  Logic and reasoning seems to be less of factor but you just never know.

Some people report success being able to work with Royal to redistribute FCC if the same parties are involved with the future booking.  YMMV. 

4 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

Hi All,

I have a reservation for myself & my wife where guest 1 (me) has about 4 times the charge of guest 2 (my wife) due to a promotion on the second guest and a paid upgrade being charged entirely to guest 1. Would any FCC being issued be proportional to those charges? If that's the case my FCC would be too much for the future cruise we have booked and would be wasted whilst my wife's would cover very little of the fare.

On cruises cancelled by Royal the FCC is split equally among guests.  Also when you go to apply it they will move FCC money around between the 2 guests to use most or all of it up. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On cruises cancelled by Royal the FCC is split equally among guests.  Also when you go to apply it they will move FCC money around between the 2 guests to use most or all of it up. 

That would be ideal for me, 🤞 that's what happens. Thanks both for your insights.

We've had five cruises cancelled - two by us and three by RCL, and in each case the FCC amounts were split equally between the two of us despite the fact that every one of those cruises was booked during the never-ending BOGO "sale". 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thetwoofus1 said:

Will a TA be able to split the FCC between guests or do I have to go through RCC?   Does a FCC affect the commission of a TA?

Thanks 

Jim

You will have to go through the TA.  It does not affect their commission. 

Just a quick update: Received the FCC this morning for our cancelled 7/13 (4 night) Mariner cruise that would have ended today. It seems like they are now processing the FCCs once the sailing would have been completed. Still waiting on the FCC for our cancelled September Harmony cruise. 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just a quick update: Received the FCC this morning for our cancelled 7/13 (4 night) Mariner cruise that would have ended today. It seems like they are now processing the FCCs once the sailing would have been completed. Still waiting on the FCC for our cancelled September Harmony cruise. 

I think this has been the case for some time.  The exception was for the September and October Bermuda and NE/Canada sailings which they seemed to cancel pretty quickly.  I think this is one reason why so many refunds seemed to be so significantly delayed.  The official cancellation of the cruise did not occur until the day that the cruise would have returned back to port.  THAT is when the 45 day count started.  I think they are getting them refunded a bit more quickly now.

On our Royal-cancelled Anthem cruise from March, the FCC was not equal. It was exactly the $ paid by passenger #1 and passenger #2. Let's see what the do for my Royal-cancelled September Oasis cruise, which is "only" at 29 days and counting.

mac_tlc

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

On our Royal-cancelled Anthem cruise from March, the FCC was not equal. It was exactly the $ paid by passenger #1 and passenger #2. Let's see what the do for my Royal-cancelled September Oasis cruise, which is "only" at 29 days and counting and my daughter's Royal-cancelled June Oasis cruise which is at 53 days and counting.

mac_tlc

29 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

On our Royal-cancelled Anthem cruise from March, the FCC was not equal. It was exactly the $ paid by passenger #1 and passenger #2. Let's see what the do for my Royal-cancelled September Oasis cruise, which is "only" at 29 days and counting.

mac_tlc

They changed how they distributed the money sometime in March