A GLORY-OUS week 03/01/20 - 03/08/20

byrdbrain55

At this point, we were all starving and ready to check into our Airbnb.  We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo on St Charles Avenue.  It was very easy to find and we were able to get in using the directions that we had been given.  After settling in, we looked for restaurants in the area that we could walk to.  We ended up walking directly across the street to Lula Restaurant Distillery for dinner.  We had the Boudin Eggrolls and I had a Fried Chicken Sandwich and Larry had a Shrimp Boil.  The Boudin Eggrolls were so good. I still dream about the sauce that came with them.  

After dinner we headed down to Bourbon Street on the trolley.  It was early on a Sunday night so it wasn't as crazy as I remember it to be.  Coming back on the trolley, it was packed and full of an eclectic mix of people.

I apparently wasn't in a picture taking mood because I don't have any photos of the Airbnb or of our night on Bourbon Street.

• Like 1

We were highly unmotivated to do anything the next day so we hung out at the Airbnb, did laundry and relaxed.  Larry had gotten in contact with a beekeeper that he watches on Youtube that raises bees at the St Joseph Abbey in Benedict, LA and arranged to go out and meet him.  Larry started a Youtube channel to follow his beekeeping efforts and loves to watch other beekeepers across the US and he was so excited to meet Mr Ed (Jeff) and see his set up.  We ate lunch just down the street from the Airbnb at Raisin' Canes and then went to Office Depot and shipped a bunch of stuff home so our luggage was not overweight. 

After completing those tasks, we set out across Lake Pontchartrain.  Larry went off to search for Mr Ed while Jack, Shayla and I wandered around the abbey grounds.  Eventually, we met up with them and headed to the honey house.  Larry had a great time meeting Mr Ed and talking about bees.  The abbey grounds were beautiful and the honey tasted amazing.  

We took the long way back and then had dinner at Mr Ed's Seafood and Oyster House.  I am allergic to shellfish so I had a soda and then we walked down to St Charles Tavern so I could eat.  We went to bed early and flew out of New Orleans early the next morning.  

IMG_1980.JPEG

IMG_1981.JPEG

IMG_1986.JPEG

IMG_1988.JPEG

IMG_1991.JPEG

IMG_1992.JPEG

IMG_1993.JPEG

IMG_1995.JPEG

IMG_1999.JPEG

IMG_2001.JPEG

IMG_2002.JPEG

Here are the professional photos taken by the Pixels staff.  My only real complaint about the photography onboard the ship is that it is EXPENSIVE.  We have a saying that Film is Cheap and Digital is Cheaper so I'm not sure why everything is so expensive.  I also wish they would let you view the photos in a digital format and stop printing all of them.  It is such a waste since so many of them are thrown away.   I know the newer ships are going digital and hope that they will all soon be converted to digital only.  I also hope they will do a digital photo package at some point as well.

Cruise1.jpg

Cruise2.jpg

Cruise3.jpg

Cruise4.jpg

Cruise5.jpg

Cruise6.jpg

Cruise7.jpg

• Like 2

Final Thoughts...

We had a great cruise.  I firmly believe that your vacation/cruise is what you make of it.  Did everything go exactly the way we wanted?  No but nothing happened to take away from the fact that we had an amazing trip with a great group of friends.  The cruise virgins loved the cruise as well and want to book another one.  

I was not a fan of the cruise director, Deon.  He was fine, friendly and seemed to enjoy his job.  I have to say though if I never hear the words, "Hidey-Ho, I've got to go" again for the rest of my life, I will be happy.  It was nonstop and I wanted to throw him overboard by the end of the cruise.  

Our tours...

Rony's Tours in Roatan was top-notch.  Thea was a great guide, we saw and did everything we wanted and for a private tour with just our group, it was only $45 per person. 

King David AlTournative Belize Services in Belize.  We got off to a rocky start but the tour itself was great.  The ruins were very cool to see and the views from the top, wow!  I could have stayed and interacted with the monkeys forever.  This private tour was $90 per person

Playa Mia in Cozumel was $60 per person for all inclusive drinks, food, water toys etc.  I think it was good but I didn't like the drinks so I didn't actually drink or eat enough to justify $60 for myself.  The others in the group got their monies worth.  I had a blast on the inflatable water obstacle course.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for following along!

Fair winds and following seas to everyone.

60530610248__BDA71331-E84C-4172-A6E3-799F50A7D45A.JPG

DSCN2197.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for doing this. It's wonderful to read an actual cruise review! I'm glad you and your friends all had such a good time.

Heather

Thanks for reading the review.  We always have fun when we are together and cruising just makes it that much more fun.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Byrd!!

I LOVED Your Cruise Review!! A review of a Carnival Cruise, on a Cruise Critic Site, Wow, Go Figure!! LOL It was a lovely break from the typical conversations that have taken over on Cruise Critic. I'm glad you and your friends had a good time on the Glory. I'm happy to read that the cruise newbies now want to book more cruises. Yay for them!

I hope you all continue to enjoy cruising together as friends. Take Care!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MzOhioLady said:

Good Afternoon Byrd!!

I LOVED Your Cruise Review!! A review of a Carnival Cruise, on a Cruise Critic Site, Wow, Go Figure!! LOL It was a lovely break from the typical conversations that have taken over on Cruise Critic. I'm glad you and your friends had a good time on the Glory. I'm happy to read that the cruise newbies now want to book more cruises. Yay for them!

I hope you all continue to enjoy cruising together as friends. Take Care!

We will definitely be cruising together again.  Currently, Brian and Carol and Larry and I are scheduled for a B2B on the Carnival Magic in November.

16 hours ago, byrdbrain55 said:

Thank you for reading.  I may try to review my Journeys cruise from January 2018.

Please Do! I need something lively to read to shift from what is normally being discussed here on Cruise Critic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti and I really enjoyed your review. It was a breath of fresh air during these troubled times. Thanks so much for posting! 👍😎

Thanks for reading the review.  You were one of my inspirations for doing the review.