September 14, 2019 on Golden sailing

mya603

I was wondering if anyone else on this trip got sick?  I did the land tour first and then the cruise.    I came down sick five days after this tour started.  Chills, fever, lethargy, cough.  Stayed sick for over a month with this.  Anyone else?  I'm curious. Thinking it was COVID.  Wondering if anyone else had symptoms.  On a side note, Day 1 I started feeling bad I stayed in my cabin.   I wasn't wanting to infect anyone no matter what I had.

6 hours ago, mya603 said:

I was wondering if anyone else on this trip got sick?  I did the land tour first and then the cruise.    I came down sick five days after this tour started.  Chills, fever, lethargy, cough.  Stayed sick for over a month with this.  Anyone else?  I'm curious. Thinking it was COVID.  Wondering if anyone else had symptoms.  On a side note, Day 1 I started feeling bad I stayed in my cabin.   I wasn't wanting to infect anyone no matter what I had.

Sept was pretty early, but you never know.  You might be able to get an antibody test, even thought they aren't known to be really accurate.  I know they are available for $10 in many locations.  It might not tell you if you had CoVid on the ship but, it might tell you if you've had it in the past ... if the antibodies are still traceable.  I know, a lot of 'ifs' ... but, could be interesting. 

On 7/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, INeedAMaiTai said:

Have you checked with your roll call?

Yes, nothing on there since before sailing.  But thanks for the suggestion.  I had not thought of that.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:11 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Sept was pretty early, but you never know.  You might be able to get an antibody test, even thought they aren't known to be really accurate.  I know they are available for $10 in many locations.  It might not tell you if you had CoVid on the ship but, it might tell you if you've had it in the past ... if the antibodies are still traceable.  I know, a lot of 'ifs' ... but, could be interesting. 

No, I'm not taking any test yet.  I don't trust them.  LOL!  I was just curious.  And yes, September was early, but I have read where they have found cases around then.  So,,,,,,,,, plus there were a few other reasons that I suspect COVID.   Ah well, I healed!  Even if the last part of the trip was miserable.  Hopefully I can return in the near future.

Edited by mya603
addition
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 10:34 AM, mya603 said:

I am thinking it was the flu.

Well, I would have thought that too, except it didn't act like the flu usually does on me.  Plus I had taken the flu shot a month or so before leaving.  I don't know what it was.   I was just curious.  But I am very glad if no one else got ill.  

15 minutes ago, mya603 said:

Well, I would have thought that too, except it didn't act like the flu usually does on me.  Plus I had taken the flu shot a month or so before leaving.  I don't know what it was.   I was just curious.  But I am very glad if no one else got ill.  

Did you not go to the onboard medical facility? 

No.  Because when I got sick I thought it was sinuses and I felt so bad I just crawled in bed and slept.  And my steward brought me hot water to drink because I could not get warm.  I stayed in my cabin for two days.  Never came out.  Then my fever was gone and I was feeling slightly better So i came out for the last day of the cruise.   I'm the type person that only goes to the doctor after I've tried all home remedies and rest.  LOL!  As my mom says I'm stubborn!