If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

51 minutes ago, BND said:

Thalidomide was not a vaccine.  It was a sedative DRUG.

Someone already gave an example of a vaccine that went bad. The dangers of thalidomide are more well known than the dangers of vaccines.  If you cannot see that these are examples that medicine doesn't always know what it is doing and that fact gives people pause to just blindly follow it, then I don't know what to tell you.  There are plenty of examples out there.  Do a little research.  If you still choose to get the vaccine, that is your choice.  If people choose to wait and see if any significant events happen from a possible vaccine, that is their choice too.   I can see both points of view.  Apparently a lot of people on here are incapable of that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mallefiscent said:

Someone already gave an example of a vaccine that went bad. The dangers of thalidomide are more well known than the dangers of vaccines.  If you cannot see that these are examples that medicine doesn't always know what it is doing and that fact gives people pause to just blindly follow it, then I don't know what to tell you.  There are plenty of examples out there.  Do a little research.  If you still choose to get the vaccine, that is your choice.  If people choose to wait and see if any significant events happen from a possible vaccine, that is their choice too.   I can see both points of view.  Apparently a lot of people on here are incapable of that. 

You can't compare a drug to a vaccine.  It is not the same.  I have done research.  If you choose to think they are comparable, I'd say, you need to do research.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

70 years ago and not a great example of vaccine gone bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

You can't compare a drug to a vaccine.  It is not the same.  I have done research.  If you choose to think they are comparable, I'd say, you need to do research.

No they are not. They are given as examples of things that medical professionals have thought were ok, and they weren't.  They weren't not given as examples as the same type of therapy. Do you have problems with reading comprehension? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

I didn't tell you to get one.

you are insinuating that people who dont get a flu shot are arrogant .

I never had the flu nor have i ever had a flu shot .

So i wont be getting a flu shot ... i dont think that makes me arrogant .

1 minute ago, Mallefiscent said:

No they are not. They are given as examples of things that medical professionals have thought were ok, and they weren't.  They weren't not given as examples as the same type of therapy. Do you have problems with reading comprehension? 

I think you do.  You cannot compare vaccines to drugs.  What part of that doesn't work for you?  I'm sorry you don't understand that, but dont' get the vaccine.  I will as will many others.  I really don't think you know what you are talking about.  I have several PhD family members in research.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, loman said:

What I said was those of us that have had both the flu and the vaccine have a different perspective.  Don't think you can't get the flu and if you do, you'd wish you hadn't.  The arrogance is in how you said it.

3 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

70 years ago and not a great example of vaccine gone bad. 

You don't have to go back 70 years to find bad reactions to vaccines.  The CDC has Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting.  There are approximately 30,000 adverse events each year attributed to vaccines.  These are vaccines that are used all the time for many, many years.  Some are mild.  Some are severe.  It isn't really that crazy for people to want to wait and see if a new vaccine has any adverse effects.  Yes, they can show promising results for a vaccine approved on a long term basis.  They cannot show results on a long term basis for a vaccine that has not been around long term.  People talk about being concerned about the long term effects of Covid 19 when it hasn't been around long term.  You can't dictate to people which long term effects they are more concerned about. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mallefiscent said:

You don't have to go back 70 years to find bad reactions to vaccines.  The CDC has Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting.  There are approximately 30,000 adverse events each year attributed to vaccines.  These are vaccines that are used all the time for many, many years.  Some are mild.  Some are severe.  It isn't really that crazy for people to want to wait and see if a new vaccine has any adverse effects.  Yes, they can show promising results for a vaccine approved on a long term basis.  They cannot show results on a long term basis for a vaccine that has not been around long term.  People talk about being concerned about the long term effects of Covid 19 when it hasn't been around long term.  You can't dictate to people which long term effects they are more concerned about. 

Sigh.  Thalidomide was popular in the late 50's.  30,000?  Okay,  How many vaccines have you had?  Please research every one you have had and let us know which one is 100% perfect.  I'm sorry you are so scared, but scared doesn't replace facts.

1 minute ago, BND said:

I think you do.  You cannot compare vaccines to drugs.  What part of that doesn't work for you?  I'm sorry you don't understand that, but dont' get the vaccine.  I will as will many others.  I really don't think you know what you are talking about.  I have several PhD family members in research.

So you have several PhD family members  in research.  Did you get all of their information from osmosis, because I doubt you would be able to get a PhD with your deficient reading comprehension skills.  

I can say that bleach overdose will kill somebody, and carbon monoxide poisoning will kill somebody.  They are not the same thing.  They don't work the same way.  The person will be dead either way. 

So you have several PhD family members  in research.  Did you get all of their information from osmosis, because I doubt you would be able to get a PhD with your deficient reading comprehension skills.  

I can say that bleach overdose will kill somebody, and carbon monoxide poisoning will kill somebody.  They are not the same thing.  They don't work the same way.  The person will be dead either way. 

I'm sorry you are so scared.  No one is telling you to get it, but don't act like you are an expert because there are side effects to EVERY vaccine.  You dont' know what you are talking about.  You are just scared.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mallefiscent said:

I’ll go with Mark Twain’s advice with your posts 

• Haha 1

Just now, BND said:

Sigh.  Thalidomide was popular in the late 50's.  30,000?  Okay,  How many vaccines have you had?  Please research every one you have had and let us know which one is 100% perfect.  I'm sorry you are so scared, but scared doesn't replace facts.

What part of 30,000 adverse effects a year is not a fact?  You are assuming I am afraid, but I am not. You are assuming that because I can see another person's point of view that I am applying it to my life, but I am not.   I had all of my vaccines as a child and then I had them again when I became a travel nurse.  My titers were low, and I needed to be revaccinated - not that it is really any of your business.  

No, they are not 100% perfect, and that was the point I was making.   Some people will wait to get a covid 19 vaccine until they can be showed how perfect it is.   Some people are afraid of heights.  Some people are afraid of spiders.  Some people are afraid of getting covid 19.  Some people are afraid of adverse effects from a new vaccine.  

The very fact that you are intolerant of another person's concerns tells me that you aren't as concerned about other people as many claim to be.

As for me, if you're my patient, I will give you the vaccine if you want it.  If you are my patient and suffering from covid 19, I will take care of you.  No judgement.  Everyone is equal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BND said:

I'm sorry you are so scared.  No one is telling you to get it, but don't act like you are an expert because there are side effects to EVERY vaccine.  You dont' know what you are talking about.  You are just scared.

I highly doubt I am the one who is scared, but if that is your go-to to make yourself sleep at night, go for it. 

• Like 2

I highly doubt I am the one who is scared, but if that is your go-to to make yourself sleep at night, go for it. 

LOLOLOL.  You are obviously scared.  There are side effects to EVERY vaccine, mostly mild as has been shown so far in the COVID trials.

Edited by BND

Just now, BND said:

LOLOLOL.  You are obviously scared.  There are side effects to EVERY vaccine, mostly mile as has been shown so far in the COVID trials.

Alright.   Why don't you come and join me in 12 minutes when I suit up to go take care of my covid patients?  Let's see who the scared one is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you weren't scared you wouldn't be posting what you have.  Sorry, but my DH and I (60 and 63 yrs old) are going to get the vaccine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, loman said:

It doesn't make you arrogant.  Someone just feels the need to be a keyboard warrior.  

• Like 1

Alright.   Why don't you come and join me in 12 minutes when I suit up to go take care of my covid patients?  Let's see who the scared one is. 

You should want an effective vaccine.  My daughter in law is a nurse.  None of us are afraid of a vaccine, but I can read so much fear in your posts.

Edited by BND

Just now, BND said:

If you weren't scared you wouldn't be posting what you have.  Sorry, but my DH and I (60 and 63 yrs old) are going to get the vaccine.

I never said you shouldn't get the vaccine.   In fact, I said the opposite.  If people want to get the vaccine, that is their choice.  I don't know why you feel the need to try to bully people.   No one is going to stop you from going to get the vaccine when it is developed.  In fact, if you can get in with a clinical trial and get it sooner, no one will stop you then either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BND said:

You should want an effective vaccine.  My daughter in law is a nurse.  None of us are afraid of a vaccine, but I can read so much fear in your posts.

Perhaps you should look up the term projection as it pertains to psychology.   If you are reading "so much fear" when I am only explaining different points of view, it is only coming from you. 

• Like 2

I never said you shouldn't get the vaccine.   In fact, I said the opposite.  If people want to get the vaccine, that is their choice.  I don't know why you feel the need to try to bully people.   No one is going to stop you from going to get the vaccine when it is developed.  In fact, if you can get in with a clinical trial and get it sooner, no one will stop you then either. 

How am I bullying anyone?  You are the one who went off about the vaccine and side effects etc.  Please don't play the victim.  I'm not responding to you anymore.  I think you need to reread what you have posted.

• Like 1

Just now, BND said:

How am I bullying anyone?  You are the one who went off about the vaccine and side effects etc.  Please don't play the victim.  I'm not responding to you anymore.  I think you need to reread what you have posted.

Troll much?  You may want to work on those trolling skills a little. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BND said:

What I said was those of us that have had both the flu and the vaccine have a different perspective.  Don't think you can't get the flu and if you do, you'd wish you hadn't.  The arrogance is in how you said it.

Well  you said ... if people dont get a flu shot  their time is coming.

Wishing a sickness on someone is ... pretty arrogant .

3 minutes ago, loman said:

Well  you said ... if people dont get a flu shot  their time is coming.

Wishing a sickness on someone is ... pretty arrogant .

Seriously? That's not arrogant, that's reality.  If you haven't had the flu, eventually you will.  I don't know anyone who hasn't ever had the flu at some point in their life.  Do you?

Arrogant is saying "I've never".

Edited by BND