If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 hours ago, loman said:

Sounds like us canadians ( 3 ) are not so trusting of a new vaccine and wont be the first in line to check it out . 

I have never gotten a flu shot , so i think i wont be getting this one either .

I can wait this virus out and dont have the need to cruise anytime soon. 

I wont be on a cruise ship for years until this thing settles down.

For those that cant wait to cruise i wish you good luck with the vaccine

and happy cruising. 

Thank you for not getting your flu shot and contributing to the spread of the flu.  Little do you know but you encounter persons everyday with compromised immune systems from chemo treatments, transplant patients and the elderly.   I won't say the obvious, but please reconsider the "me mode" and be respectful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, loman said:

Sounds like us canadians ( 3 ) are not so trusting of a new vaccine and wont be the first in line to check it out . 

and happy cruising. 

Oh for heavens sake, controlling this virus is so much more than just about cruising. Sheesh......

1 hour ago, mek said:

Oh for heavens sake, controlling this virus is so much more than just about cruising. Sheesh......

Ya but ,  isnt this a cruise forum and the question is about vaccines and cruising .

just sayin .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Thank you for not getting your flu shot and contributing to the spread of the flu.  Little do you know but you encounter persons everyday with compromised immune systems from chemo treatments, transplant patients and the elderly.   I won't say the obvious, but please reconsider the "me mode" and be respectful.

We are not out of control in Toronto . 

It was mostly spread in old age homes by the workers working in several different homes.

We wear masks and wash our hands religiously . We also keep our distance .

I dont have it so i wont be spreading it . 

3 minutes ago, loman said:

We are not out of control in Toronto . 

It was mostly spread in old age homes by the workers working in several different homes.

We wear masks and wash our hands religiously . We also keep our distance .

I dont have it so i wont be spreading it . 

and you have been tested?   You are not a carrier?    Just because you are not ill doesn't mean you will not give it to someone else.  The years that you did not get a flu shot, did you wear a mask?   I don't think so since it was not the norm.  You can be a carrier of the flu with no symptoms and give the flu to someone.   Do you cough and sneeze using the inside of your elbow?  I am of someone in the transplant world.  I have been educated by the top doctors of Johns Hopkins and Duke.   I encourage you in the future to please get a flue shot.   This is a deadly game that you are not aware of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, loman said:

and happy cruising. 

With all due respect, please don't speak on behalf of all Canadians. Your opinion and beliefs are yours, but there are plenty of us who will be lining up at some point to receive the vaccine to protect ourselves and most importantly, to protect those who are immunocompromised and at great risk of complications . The terrible outbreak in Long Term Care centers earlier during the lock down was a great fail, however now, the majority of our cases (even the few) are under the age of 40... the virus does not discriminate on age, location, etc- no need to play roulette with this virus. 

Stay safe!

• Like 5

If a vaccine is available, we will definitely get it, required by cruise line or not.     The key is being able to see the test data.   We're fortunate...plenty of medical professionals and researchers in the immediate family.   If testing methods and data are sound, we'll be in the front of the line.    Also if it is available and the cruise line does not require it, we will not sail.

• Like 2

What I know for sure at the moment is that if you plan on going somewhere (cruising or traveling in general) you will need to first take a Covid test. Without it, you wont be sold a ticket or a cruise. I suppose all these medical organizations will flourish now based on the amount of people willing to start travelling 

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

What I know for sure at the moment is that if you plan on going somewhere (cruising or traveling in general) you will need to first take a Covid test. Without it, you wont be sold a ticket or a cruise. I suppose all these medical organizations will flourish now based on the amount of people willing to start travelling 

You have to take a covid test to buy an airplane ticket?

56 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

and you have been tested?   You are not a carrier?    Just because you are not ill doesn't mean you will not give it to someone else.  The years that you did not get a flu shot, did you wear a mask?   I don't think so since it was not the norm.  You can be a carrier of the flu with no symptoms and give the flu to someone.   Do you cough and sneeze using the inside of your elbow?  I am of someone in the transplant world.  I have been educated by the top doctors of Johns Hopkins and Duke.   I encourage you in the future to please get a flue shot.   This is a deadly game that you are not aware of.

Not everybody gets flue shots , and if i dont feel sick i dont go to the doctor .

I like the joke about this virus .... its so deadly you dont even know you have it .

I think i am ok , I wear a mask to protect myself and others .

My friend had a liver transplant , we keep our distance and we both did not get tested because we dont feel sick . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sea shepherd said:

Yes that’s fine. I am living normally no stupid masks no social distances. Still have live music. We have had a total of 56 cases of covid and 0 deaths here. So I will take my chances. But you do what you have to. I am just saying I am not the lab rat. 

And, you live where?  In St. Vincent, as in an island that is basically shut down, right? With a population of 100,000.    So, the infection rate is low for a reason.  Probably no need at the moment to wear a mask.  Not the same as most other countries in the world.  The islands are going to find out the hard way that all they did is delay the impact by shutting down unless they plan on staying shut down until there is herd immunity.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, loman said:

Not everybody gets flue shots , and if i dont feel sick i dont go to the doctor .

I like the joke about this virus .... its so deadly you dont even know you have it .

I think i am ok , I wear a mask to protect myself and others .

My friend had a liver transplant , we keep our distance and we both did not get tested because we dont feel sick . 

The people who have never had the flu or the shot will get the shot after they have the flu the first time.  All four of us had it two years in a row at the same time when my kids  were in elementary school.  Ugh.  I said, never again and I was 30-31 at the time and in excellent health.  I've been getting the shot every year since (over 20 years) and this past Jan was the first time I've caught it since and it was very, very mild, thanks to the shot.  It lessens the symptoms and helps prevent secondary infections.  The first times I had the flu without the vaccine, I caught pink eye and a sinus infection as a result.   I love the arrogance of everyone who  says "I don't get the shot and I've never had the flu" because their time is coming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

With all due respect, please don't speak on behalf of all Canadians. Your opinion and beliefs are yours, but there are plenty of us who will be lining up at some point to receive the vaccine to protect ourselves and most importantly, to protect those who are immunocompromised and at great risk of complications . The terrible outbreak in Long Term Care centers earlier during the lock down was a great fail, however now, the majority of our cases (even the few) are under the age of 40... the virus does not discriminate on age, location, etc- no need to play roulette with this virus. 

Stay safe!

I included the number of canadians ( 3 ) that were of the same opinion .

That is not the entire canadian population . 

Im sure lots of canadians will get a vaccine .

5 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

You do know that there are many strains of the flu? Every year, the medical community tries to cover strains they think might be prevalent. However, the flu shot cannot cover all strains. So people can still get the flu, after they have had a flu shot.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BND said:

The people who have never had the flu or the shot will get the shot after they have the flu the first time.  All four of us had it two years in a row at the same time when my kids  were in elementary school.  Ugh.  I said, never again and I was 30-31 at the time and in excellent health.  I've been getting the shot every year since (over 20 years) and this past Jan was the first time I've caught it since and it was very, very mild, thanks to the shot.  It lessens the symptoms and helps prevent secondary infections.  The first times I had the flu without the vaccine, I caught pink eye and a sinus infection as a result.   I love the arrogance of everyone who  says "I don't get the shot and I've never had the flu" because their time is coming.

Im not telling people not to get a flue shot , so why are you telling me to get one .

Arrogance on your part i would say .

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

All that’s missing from this thread is name calling, some hair pulling and a bit of scratching ... and it would complete the school yard feel that it has. 
Why do people have to be argumentative over topics like this? Live and let live. 

It has definitely turned into a popcorn thread. 🤣

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

All that’s missing from this thread is name calling, some hair pulling and a bit of scratching ... and it would complete the school yard feel that it has. 
Why do people have to be argumentative over topics like this? Live and let live. 

You missed biting 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, loman said:

Im not telling people not to get a flue shot , so why are you telling me to get one .

Arrogance on your part i would say .

I didn't tell you to get one.

6 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Yet nobody ran around yelling and screaming about how everyone had to be masked for the flu for all of these years, especially not before we had tamiflu or a flu vaccine.  

Death isn't the only problem that the medical field has brought upon people.  I'm sure most of you are old enough to know what happened with thalidomide.   Things like that are why some people are very suspicious about new medical breakthroughs and choose to wait until there is further evidence. There are many things like that which have happened. 

Edited by Mallefiscent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I will happily be the first Canadian to be in line for this Vaccine. Life is too short as it is and I want to travel as possible.

RANT START

Covid is not the flu and the flu shot is not a cure, it is treatment used as a preventative measure. There is no vaccine or cure.

Please stop comparing the Flu to Covid.

A vaccine is as close to cure you can get. Thus why Small Pox is not a rampant disease as it used to be.

Covid appears to vaccine bound thus should have at least an 80% effectiveness of preventing spread of the disease.

Seriously, If we don't want your TB, Meningitis, Small Pox, Yellow fever, mumps, measles, rubella, etc... then why in the world would we want your Covid. It's not about you, its about the people around you. Why would you want to even take the chance of infecting others??

If you decide not to get the vaccine then please retire from traveling, we simply don't want you being around us. I very much hope that the travel industry, as a whole, requires a proven vaccine to be required.

Cheers.

RANT END.

So ya, i'll get the vaccine.... lol

• Like 6

On 8/3/2020 at 12:38 PM, Dwight1 said:

Yes, absolutely. And those who do not want to get it should be restricted from any public place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And those who don't care if they get it and pass it on should be restricted from all public places.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mallefiscent said:

Yet nobody ran around yelling and screaming about how everyone had to be masked for the flu for all of these years, especially not before we had tamiflu or a flu vaccine.  

Death isn't the only problem that the medical field has brought upon people.  I'm sure most of you are old enough to know what happened with thalidomide.   Things like that are why some people are very suspicious about new medical breakthroughs and choose to wait until there is further evidence. There are many things like that which have happened. 

Thalidomide was not a vaccine.  It was a sedative DRUG.

Edited by BND