If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

It is highly unlikely that any private entity will require a vaccine, especially a new one.  Too much liability. 

My kids school is a private entity and they require a whole bunch of vaccines.

• Like 3

A Teaching Moment:

(from CDC)

The Immune System—The Body’s Defense Against Infection To understand how vaccines work, it helps to first look at how the body fights illness. When germs, such as bacteria or viruses, invade the body, they attack and multiply. This invasion, called an infection, is what causes illness. The immune system uses several tools to fight infection. Blood contains red blood cells, for carrying oxygen to tissues and organs, and white or immune cells, for fighting infection.

Here is the link to read in it's entirety:  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/conversations/downloads/vacsafe-understand-color-office.pdf

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

So can you give us examples where a rushed vaccine did more harm?  Not really common knowledge.  Also, can you give me an example of a one or 2 dose drug / vaccine that had long term negative effects?  

The drugs that have long term negative effects are drugs that are drugs taken daily for many years, not one dose.

Also, the normal testing pool for a drug is about 3,000.  The are looking for 30,000 for phase 3 participants and i am guessing won’t have an issue getting them.  With that large a trial, there would be a better chance of identifying any short term issues with the drug (better than drugs that take 10 years to develop)

Technology and science in this area has changed significantly since 1976.

From your last comment I guess you think this is a hoax and no reason to have a vaccine or take any precautions  

Oh you guess very wrong. I'm from Canada where we have all been taking this seriously the entire time, this is one of the reasons we are now in stage 3 of opening things up. Mask use indoors is now mandatory in most jurisdictions and no one is fighting it except maybe one or two idiots who want their 15 minutes of imfamy. 

Having said that I am not really concerned about myself, my wife, or my kids getting Covid-19 as the statistics are very much on our side. We most definitely take all the proper precautions in order to protect the vulnerable, ie the elderly and those with underlying conditions such as diabetes though.

The reason why there was no vaccine needed for the Swine Flu in 1976 is simply because nothing came out of it....nada. Was no real pandemic at the time, just like the WHO was saying. There isn't even scientific concensus on whether a vaccine is possible and/or needed for Covid, all depends on who you believe. 

I wish good luck to those 30,000 guinea pigs. 

I just hope we get a nice concert in Toronto soon like we had when the Sars pandemic was over.....remember Sars?? Another Coronavirus that just went away.....how many people got a vaccination for Sars?

Turn off the news......

Oh, and those guinea pigs may just increase their chances of infection......it's possible. 

"Decades ago, vaccines developed against another coronavirus, feline infectious peritonitis virus, increased cats’ risk of developing the disease caused by the virus (T. Takano et al. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 81, 911–915; 2019). Similar phenomena have been seen in animal studies for other viruses, including the coronavirus that causes SARS (Y. W. Kam et al. Vaccine 25, 729–740; 2007)."

Edited by Mapleleafforever
spelling
  • Like 4

No, because I already had it.  No, because there is something disturbing about the idea of a company requiring a vaccine.  No, because the mortality rate for this illness is so low that it is not worth the risk for my family.  Maybe in ten years after the vaccine has been around for a while.  Cost/benefit analysis.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 10:52 AM, Seville2Cabo said:

Can you tell me what research you found to convince you not to take the vaccine?

Many Doctors - but just saw a video from Dr. Carrie Madej warning on Covid vaccine on Youtube.  She's worried because she's never seen a vaccine being fastracked so much they are skipping testing on animals and going right to humans.  There's a lot of other concerns that I won't go into, but you can watch the video and make your own decision.  Just hope the vaccine isn't required if it happens.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, seaface said:

Many Doctors - but just saw a video from Dr. Carrie Madej warning on Covid vaccine on Youtube.  She's worried because she's never seen a vaccine being fastracked so much they are skipping testing on animals and going right to humans.  There's a lot of other concerns that I won't go into, but you can watch the video and make your own decision.  Just hope the vaccine isn't required if it happens.

If it is being fastracked which I wouldn't be surprised, I am waiting to cruise if a vaccine is required.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 6:42 PM, Keksie said:

If it means I don't have to wear a mask I would.  At this point I will do just about anything to not have to wear a mask.

They're not that bad. The more you wear it, then more you get used to it. Plus, I save $$ on lipstick. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Hell to the NO, I will gladly take a full refund for our next cruise though as this stipulation wasn't in place at time of our booking. 

I am nowhere near an anti vaxxer and in fact both our kids as well as my wife and I are fully vaccinated. We never get flu shots though as we prefer to keep ourselves healthy and let our immune systems do what they're supposed to do. 

Vaccines generally take quite some time to develop and our family refuses to be guinea pigs for a rushed vaccine. For those wanting to be first in line for said rushed vaccine you might want to look up what happened in 1976 with the swine flu vaccine. 

Oh, and in case you get the rushed vaccine and god forbid something bad does happen you have no right for any legal recourse against the vaccine maker. 

Your best defense is to do your best to maintain a healthy weight, eat right, and exercise. 

Finally someone gets it!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, libertybelle41 said:

They're not that bad. The more you wear it, then more you get used to it. Plus, I save $$ on lipstick. 😉

I glad it works for you.  I never have worn lipstick

I will be having the vaccine as soon as it becomes available, not to cruise with RC but to provide a level of protection to start living a more normal life.

We met up with a friend yesterday who is a recently retired professor of tropical diseases. He has been avidly following all the studies and papers which have been published and the work being done by Imperial and Oxford on vaccines. He has already signed up to be a participant in the Oxford scheme- they are looking to recruit a large number of people over the age of  65. I would take his advice any day over the many armchair experts on here. He is 65 and with a heart condition 

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bobal said:

I will be having the vaccine as soon as it becomes available, not to cruise with RC but to provide a level of protection to start living a more normal life.

We met up with a friend yesterday who is a recently retired professor of tropical diseases. He has been avidly following all the studies and papers which have been published and the work being done by Imperial and Oxford on vaccines. He has already signed up to be a participant in the Oxford scheme- they are looking to recruit a large number of people over the age of  65. I would take his advice any day over the many armchair experts on here. He is 65 and with a heart condition 

Looks like it's proving to be one of Trump's best investments.  $1 Billion to fund the Oxford vaccine

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/21/coronavirus-us-gives-astrazenena-1-billion-for-oxford-vaccine.html 

On 7/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, Seville2Cabo said:

So can you give us examples where a rushed vaccine did more harm?  Not really common knowledge.  Also, can you give me an example of a one or 2 dose drug / vaccine that had long term negative effects?  

The drugs that have long term negative effects are drugs that are drugs taken daily for many years, not one dose.

Also, the normal testing pool for a drug is about 3,000.  The are looking for 30,000 for phase 3 participants and i am guessing won’t have an issue getting them.  With that large a trial, there would be a better chance of identifying any short term issues with the drug (better than drugs that take 10 years to develop)

Technology and science in this area has changed significantly since 1976.

From your last comment I guess you think this is a hoax and no reason to have a vaccine or take any precautions  

Sabin vaccine !

I am 67 and overweight (guess watching those exercise videos don't help at all!!) but only take one medication for a hypothyroid condition. DH is 65 and takes meds for a partial heart blockage. We are a part of the medical community and believe in the safety of our vaccines, so YES, we will be getting the Covid-19 vaccine when it becomes available. Before I began working for a hospital, I would get a nasty flu around the first of every year. Once I began working for the hospital and received its required vaccines plus the optional flu vaccine, I never experienced those bad flu symptoms again, so I believe vaccines work! Yes, I do get mild illnesses rarely but nothing like I used to get before beginning the flu vaccine. I do understand people who are fearful and do not trust vaccines. I just wish there was a gentle way to convince them otherwise, maybe through better education and proof; I hate to see people forced to get them but I don't want them to be carriers either. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess.

We're all in this together! Please stay safe everyone and try to keep others safe if you can!! CHEERS!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely, I will be getting the vaccine as soon as it is deemed safe by my personal doctors.  The risks of dying from the vaccine after being extensively tested in 3 phased trials are far less than the risk of dying from covid-19.

I also am a firm believer that the due to the world wide consequences of this pandemic, it should be required to cruise, go to school, fly, vacation, especially schools and cruising with mass people in close quarters. And no religious or personal exemptions, only medical exemptions by recognized medical personnel that are licensed to prescribe medications. No exemptions from the local chiropractor or other health professionals.

• Like 2