NCL Guest Ticket Contract requires refund for cancelled cruises

raytamt1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I choose to believe you are an imposter. 

You still believe that after I just ate crow over how ignorant I was about how this board works? You would think I would have picked those things up by now. Now that I am actually familiarizing myself with features of this board, I can see my profile shows 21 total posts going back a few weeks. But I actually joined the website  9/1/2019, about a month before my first Alaskan cruise. Back them, I just wanted to learn more about my cruise/stops before I went. I never bothered with posting anything at all, let alone anything remotely contentious, since I had nothing to be contentious about. I got great information, and had a wonderful cruise. So wonderful, I was set to do it again this June. With a CruiseCritic account since last September, why would I just now have 21 posts if I were a some chronic imposter? 

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

BTW - with the phrasing of your posts, I highly suspect your account is a reincarnation of another poster, probably banned long ago for inciting contentious posts.  Just my opinion. Good day - not interested in carrying any water.

Your not carrying NCL water because you've already spilled it all over this thread!

On 7/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, julig22 said:

So thought the people on the ones that were reversed - I think NCL has up to 90 days to reply.  But I'm sure that some were successful - they are all done case-by-case, with the final determination up to the credit card company.

This is just wrong.  Stop giving people bad advice.  Once a credit card company advises you that they have closed the investigation and terminated it in your favor that's it.  Yes you get a temporary credit at the outset, but once they send you the letter that they have concluded the investigation and found in your favor the cruise line doesn't get a "do-over."  

On 7/25/2020 at 8:39 PM, Outerdog said:

None of that was part of the original booking contract. This is some crap the cruise lines made up to cope financially with the shut down.

It's amazing to me that people come on here and defend NCL when posters share their experiences with their credit card companies and charge backs. Why do you care? Pax of cancelled cruises are entitled to a refund. FCC is not a refund. Forcing customers to play silly games with clicking links and meeting artificial deadlines are also not a refund.

The only people who are still defending NCL at this point are either paid by NCL, or terminally stupid.  

10 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

The only people who are still defending NCL at this point are either paid by NCL, or terminally stupid.  

They are definitely NOT stupid. If not paid by NCL, paid by a cruise industry interest group to prop up the industry in the best light possible, truth being optional.

10 hours ago, raytamt1 said:

They are definitely NOT stupid. If not paid by NCL, paid by a cruise industry interest group to prop up the industry in the best light possible, truth being optional.

They are the same ones that say, if you charge back you go on NCL Blacklist. 

20 minutes ago, Trimone said:

They are the same ones that say, if you charge back you go on NCL Blacklist. 

At this point, anybody that does a chargeback probably don't care. I for one don't.  Through all the years, this is about the worst treatment I've had to go through with any company.

2 minutes ago, sammee said:

At this point, anybody that does a chargeback probably don't care. I for one don't.  Through all the years, this is about the worst treatment I've had to go through with any company.

Completely agree, we have two cruise next vouchers, and I really can’t see us using them, shame really because platinum and like the haven, see what other cruise companies offer.

13 hours ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

This is just wrong.  Stop giving people bad advice.  Once a credit card company advises you that they have closed the investigation and terminated it in your favor that's it.  Yes you get a temporary credit at the outset, but once they send you the letter that they have concluded the investigation and found in your favor the cruise line doesn't get a "do-over."  

This is a correct statement. There are a lot of people that confuse the temporary credit and the investigation conclusion. Once it's done, it's done. Until that point, they can take the temporary credit back.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, raytamt1 said:

True, I should have added that many on here have other financial interests in keeping the cruise line Ponzi scheme going even if they aren’t directly employed by a cruise line.  

18 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

True, I should have added that many on here have other financial interests in keeping the cruise line Ponzi scheme going even if they aren’t directly employed by a cruise line.  

Not to mention those on here who are paid to attack and destroy the cruise line, right? Shhhhhh...we won't tell 🙄

Sheeesh...first the "post count police" and now the "you must work for the cruise line tactic". Seems like someone broke into the  Cruise Critic ad hominem toolkit.

1 hour ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

47 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not to mention those on here who are paid to attack and destroy the cruise line, right? Shhhhhh...we won't tell 🙄

Sheeesh...first the "post count police" and now the "you must work for the cruise line tactic". Seems like someone broke into the  Cruise Critic ad hominem toolkit.

No worries, I don’t think everyone here who is dying on the defending the cruise line hill is a paid shill.  Some people are just legitimately really stupid.  

59 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

No worries, I don’t think everyone here who is dying on the defending the cruise line hill is a paid shill.  Some people are just legitimately really stupid.  

Wow..."legitimately really stupid". Is that where we go now when we can't convince others on our point of view?

Heck, you'd think you could easily convince someone if they were "legitimately really stupid". 

"You're a paid shill"..."You're really stupid"...🙄...whatever happened to just accepting that not everyone is going to share your particular viewpoint? It's not like you're compelled to convince people that you're right.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 2:39 PM, raytamt1 said:

Paragraph 6(b) of Guest Ticket Contract reads: "If vessel does not sail on advertised or scheduled date for any reason, including the fault of the Carrier, the Guest agrees that the Carrier shall be entitled to substitute any other vessel or means of transportation, regardless of whether owned or operated by the Carrier, and to re-berth Guests thereon or, at the Carrier's option refund the fare paid or a pro rata portion thereof, without further liability for damages or losses of any kind whatsoever."

Since vessel I booked to sail on June 1, 2020, indeed did not sail due to COVID-19, which qualifies as "for any reason", and there wasn't a substituted vessel, then the only other option for the Carrier is to refund the Guest. 

The substitute vessel is the one that you book using your FCC. No where does that language say that the substitute vessel have to be sailing at the same tie, or the same itinerary, and in fact they could offer you a train trip and be fully compliant with the language above.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

The substitute vessel is the one that you book using your FCC. No where does that language say that the substitute vessel have to be sailing at the same tie, or the same itinerary, and in fact they could offer you a train trip and be fully compliant with the language above.

Nice spin, but wrong. That just defies common sense that a certificate for a possible future cruise is a "substitute vessel". Paragraph clearly describes an option between another vessel leaving on date and port scheduled, or refund.

Credit card company already agreed contract language required refund and approved charge back after their investigation. No surprise that you have over 20k posts. Doesn't NCL ever give you guys a break from carrying their water for them?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Nice try, but lets just use math here. 20,000+ posts, many of them quite lengthy and seemingly well thought out, equals a full time job. Period. I guess it's possible that these posters are unpaid and just doing this for free. Perhaps they have a trust fund and don't need the money. They just commit everyday to what they do to help fight the injustice against a poor cruise line being picked on and attacked for unethically keeping the money of customers through sham arguments that don't hold water. 

As far as paid posters that are attacking and trying to destroy the cruise line??? I don't even need to try to describe how asinine that sounds. "I'm not a puppet. You're a puppet!", echoes in my mind with that comeback argument. The posts against NCL are from people, like myself, that are genuinely ticked off, and trying to get others to coalesce  to hopefully get a desired result, and somehow, do it with just a few posts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, raytamt1 said:

Nice try, but lets just use math here. 20,000+ posts, many of them quite lengthy and seemingly well thought out, equals a full time job. Period. I guess it's possible that these posters are unpaid and just doing this for free. Perhaps they have a trust fund and don't need the money. They just commit everyday to what they do to help fight the injustice against a poor cruise line being picked on and attacked for unethically keeping the money of customers through sham arguments that don't hold water. 

I don't disagree that NCL is outrageous in many of their positions - but this is a little screwy (and I filed a chargeback on my cancelled cruise and got my money back from AMEX with no issues - they thought NCL was outrageous as well). 

However, the poster in question has 22000 posts over /15/ years - so an average of 4 a day.  That's hardly a 'full time job'.  If I could find someone to pay me full time to write 4 posts a day on a message board, I'd jump on that offer immediately.

Edited by Jobeth66
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

However, the poster in question has 22000 posts over /15/ years - so an average of 4 a day.  That's hardly a 'full time job'.

I can't buy that anyone would post everyday for 15 years. That's about 5500 days in a row without a day off. Probably all kinds of breaks in terms of weeks, months or even years. I don't have the time they do do research other posters' histories, so I'm not going to bother studying their mile-long rap sheet of posts. I just know that, again, plain old common sense says:

20,000+ posts = full time job. Period. Especially, when all the ones that I have seen, loyally and predictably fight tooth and nail any posts that calls out NCL for their dishonest, unethical tactics. I made this original posting fully expecting nothing less. My purpose of the OP was to share my successful chargeback effort, encourage others who remained ticked and unrefunded to do the same, and eat lots of popcorn while all the goons and hatchet men predictably come out swinging. 

BTW Jobeth66, your feedback seems unbiased, and I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, raytamt1 said:

As far as paid posters that are attacking and trying to destroy the cruise line??? I don't even need to try to describe how asinine that sounds. "I'm not a puppet. You're a puppet!", echoes in my mind with that comeback argument. The posts against NCL are from people, like myself, that are genuinely ticked off, and trying to get others to coalesce  to hopefully get a desired result, and somehow, do it with just a few posts.

Math? Why math? Isn't content more important than quantity? Are they 20,000+ posts of good information, 20,000+ questions seeking information, 20,000+ chit-chat posts from the floataway lounge, or some combination? I'll bet that in those 20,000+ posts there aren't any whining about a refund. Why does this happen to you and not to them? Has to be a reason behind that.

Glad you can see that the idea of being paid to be against the cruise line is asinine. Just as asinine as the idea that people are being paid by the cruise line. Just as asinine as the idea that the cruise line actually cares what is posted on an anonymous message board. All the posts you've made and yet not one of them has resulted in the cruise line lifting a finger. Hmmmm.

Come on Norwegian...there are very clever posts right here on Cruise Critic. Why isn't the CEO picking up the phone to call the OP already??? If you're not careful, people are going to coalesce!

Best of luck getting strangers on a message board to coalesce and deliver the desired result you aren't getting through the proper channels. Perhaps you should file a complaint with the folks at ConsumerAffairs.com. They have a whole section just for Norwegian Cruise Line.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, raytamt1 said:

My purpose of the OP was to share my successful chargeback effort, encourage others who remained ticked and unrefunded to do the same...

If that was truly the purpose of the OP, then why didn't you a) mention that you had a chargeback (successful or not) or b) encourage others to do the same at any point in your OP???

Too busy counting posts to pay attention maybe?

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

If that was truly the purpose of the OP, then why didn't you a) mention that you had a chargeback (successful or not) or b) encourage others to do the same at any point in your OP???

I take back my early comment that the NCL defending posters are definitely not stupid. Apparently, there is at least one exception. Read the OP dummy!

3 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Too busy counting posts to pay attention maybe?

Whose counting? The # of posts are displayed under your username. Surely, you already knew that. Another example of intellectual dishonesty.

3 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Okay, Folks....enough pulling on each others pigtails, this isn't doing anyone any good.

You are right. I think the defenders are baiting and escalating the discussion conflicts purposely until the board manager pulls the plug from all the nastiness. The only other OP I posted a couple of weeks ago about lying NCL consultants was deleted shortly after the goons came out swinging on that thread.

I take back my early comment that the NCL defending posters are definitely not stupid. Apparently, there is at least one exception. Read the OP dummy!

I did read the OP...not only was it off-point, but your interpretation of the contract was incorrect. But hey, what do I know...I only had three (3) cruises cancelled by the government due to COVID. The accounting of my funds is 100% complete and was done 100% to my satisfaction...but hey, your expertise seems to be working so well for you.

FWIW, if you're going to try to insult someone (since your content hasn't achieved your goal), then you should be careful to ensure the proper use of the comma. Makes all the difference in the meaning.

Whose counting? The # of posts are displayed under your username. Surely, you already knew that. Another example of intellectual dishonesty.

Boy are you going to be surprised when you find out the counting has multiple meanings....try using the right one.