Hotels in Rome

Minniepnp

On 5/11/2024 at 7:51 AM, -Lew- said:

I just completed a booking at Hotel Smeraldo for arrival on 19 October 2025 for six nights.  I was surprised their website would accept a booking that far in advance, but I learned just this morning that 2025 will be a Holy Year and very busy in Rome.  I emailed the hotel and was informed reservations were now open for my dates.

Here's a link to the Jubilee 2025 General Calendar.  Knowing event dates may help you plan your itinerary.

Incidentally, I will no longer book with any Expedia owned travel booking sites after experiencing two very negative issues.  One was with Vrbo not standing behind its Book with Confidence Guarantee.  I had to revert to contacting Chase Sapphire Reserve for a credit to my account.

The other...observing a group of six attempting to check in to two rooms at Albergo Cesari with confirmed Expedia reservations in hand.  The hotel had no record of the reservations.  Expedia owned sites are listed below.

Expedia
Hotels.com
Vrbo
Travelocity
Hotwire.com
Orbitz
Ebookers
CheapTickets
CarRentals.com
Expedia Cruises
Wotif
Trivago

Thanks for the link, from what I see, there isn’t any planned events when we are there. I’m sure there will still be lots of people

22 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Does Albergo del Senato have an iron in room or offer ironing services?  

I don't recall having an iron in the room, but I never looked for one. You could email and ask, I'm sure they'd respond.

On 5/12/2024 at 4:31 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Does Albergo del Senato have an iron in room or offer ironing services?  

The Hotel’s Concierge will know of a company offering services.  
We used one company (unable to remember their name), they collected in the morning and delivered back early the same evening. It was a dry cleaners we wanted, but discovered they also offered laundry and ironing services.  

Know the Concierge will have it at their fingertips.  

It’s just a part of their job.  Good luck…

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

@-Lew-  Thanks for the information on the Family Suite Town House!  This is what I was looking for prior to our cruise, since it will be DH, myself, DS and his wife.  Like you, we are going fall of 2025, so I have booked and am so happy!  Appreciate the info!  Karla.

@Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin...

So happy you were able to book the suite.  It offers plenty of living space for four adults.

I notice you're sailing on Grandeur in January.  We board Grandeur on January 24th for a B2B2B...will our paths cross?  We're also on Grandeur embarking Port of Rome on October 25, 2025 to Miami...any chance you're on that sailing?

We are flying in a couple of days before our cruise and want to visit the Vatican. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations near that vatican? Just my wife and I.

21 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

We are flying in a couple of days before our cruise and want to visit the Vatican. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations near that vatican? Just my wife and I.

Think one is leaving it a tad late…. Rome is known for fluid pricing and trying to book a hotel of any quality, one will be possibly looking a North of £200.00 - Can only suggest well known booking sites with filters… Alternatively, if on a budget then a clean, no frills, accommodation for 1/2 nights, at a very reasonable price, then consider.  

https://www.monasterystays.com/?d=Italy/Lazio/Rome-accommodation

Some are in good positions for popular sites - Filter their website.

Also, may be leaving to late for Vatican Tickets.

I wish one luck

I’m looking to book at the hotel Smeraldo for September 2025.   There are rooms called “Premium Double Room” and rooms is called “Premium Double Room Parione”.  In reading info about the room, even the Premiun Double Room says the rooms are located in the main building or in the Hotel Pariine.  Is one location better than the other and is it possible to request it?

I noticed several posters saying they will be in Tome in April of 2025. We are taking the transatlantic ship from Tampa to Rome and then intend to visit Rome for a few days. Never been to Rome and would love recommendations for all things Rome… hotels, sights, restaurants. We prefer budget friendly. Tia.

3 hours ago, Margaretealexander said:

I noticed several posters saying they will be in Tome in April of 2025. We are taking the transatlantic ship from Tampa to Rome and then intend to visit Rome for a few days. Never been to Rome and would love recommendations for all things Rome… hotels, sights, restaurants. We prefer budget friendly. Tia.

You might do a further search here in the Ports of Call forum.  There are many threads.