sky forward outside cabins deck 17

RMS Olympic

I would like to know what people think of these cabins up forward overlooking the bow

I booked S101 on the Sky last March....cruise cancelled. Book the same Cat cabin s103 on the Enchanted for this Nov....cruise cancelled.

So today I booked S101 on the Sky for Jan 2022.
any thoughts on these cabins with the floor to ceiling windows would be appreciated.

AF-1 posted the following...

I have a window suite booked on Sky.  I had a family suite on Emerald in 2017 and this window suite is the same location as my family suite. I would think both family suite and window suite are similar in square footage;  the only difference would be; no balcony in window suite.  We should have some pictures rolling in pretty soon.  Have a great day. 

ps. I did not experience any harsh movement in my cabin; even though the cabin is located all the way forward. 

I'm looking for reviews from passengers who have been in forward cabins on any ship.  I am really worried about the movement being so forward.  Can't change cabins.  I (think) am pleased with the swap from the Grand to the Regal.  Thanks.  I'm asking everyone I know that is a cruiser.  Fact Finding Expedition.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm looking for reviews from passengers who have been in forward cabins on any ship.  I am really worried about the movement being so forward. 

We have been in forward cabins on higher decks several times.

We did not have any problem with movement in that location ...... but, we had relatively calm seas. I have no idea what it would be like in rough weather.

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

AF-1 posted the following...

I have a window suite booked on Sky.  I had a family suite on Emerald in 2017 and this window suite is the same location as my family suite. I would think both family suite and window suite are similar in square footage;  the only difference would be; no balcony in window suite.  We should have some pictures rolling in pretty soon.  Have a great day. 

ps. I did not experience any harsh movement in my cabin; even though the cabin is located all the way forward. 

I'm looking for reviews from passengers who have been in forward cabins on any ship.  I am really worried about the movement being so forward.  Can't change cabins.  I (think) am pleased with the swap from the Grand to the Regal.  Thanks.  I'm asking everyone I know that is a cruiser.  Fact Finding Expedition.  

We were in L108 on the Sky (Caribbean) in February.  Did not mind the movement at all - really had no issues most of the week.  Until...  The last night was rough.  It happened overnight, and the chair outside on the balcony kept bumping against the wall.  It was so rough, I didn't go outside to stop it.  (Afraid if I went overboard, no one would notice for quite some time - LOL -  DH is a VERY sound sleeper.) 

That said, I have the same cabin booked for 2021 & 2022.  The cabin is so large, and so nice, that I will overlook any movement that occurs.  But I will make try to make sure the chairs stay put at night.  🙂

• Thanks 1

Not a forward looking, but we were in S220 back in December (our last cruise that wasn't cancelled).  OK cabin.  Kind of weird having one wall of hallway looking into the retreat pool, but easy access to there and Sanctuary.  Elevator lobby very hot due to heat from recessed pool area.  Similar to Regal/Royal cabin.  Forward is our favorite area - less traffic.  Some movement in rough weather but really depends on sailing direction, wave direction and wind.  Most of the time couldn't feel anything with 10' seas.  Motion was obvious in Sanctuary through the glass, but slow and didn't feel it much.  We have been on a few cruises with so much motion that you had to take things off counters to keep them from sliding off.

Note that Sanctuary has far fewer loungers than Grand and Royal class.  Less shade as well.  But there is quite a bit of shady space around the various decks that you can get for free.  

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, CATGUY7 said:

We were in L108 on the Sky (Caribbean) in February.  Did not mind the movement at all - really had no issues most of the week.  Until...  The last night was rough.  It happened overnight, and the chair outside on the balcony kept bumping against the wall.  It was so rough, I didn't go outside to stop it.  (Afraid if I went overboard, no one would notice for quite some time - LOL -  DH is a VERY sound sleeper.) 

That said, I have the same cabin booked for 2021 & 2022.  The cabin is so large, and so nice, that I will overlook any movement that occurs.  But I will make try to make sure the chairs stay put at night.  🙂

I have L108 on Sky booked next May

We've sailed in Lido 108 on several of the Royal-class ships and recently took Caribe 101 on the Sky. There is a lot of ship motion in forward cabins, depending on the seas. I'm not prone to motion sickness on cruises, so the motion doesn't bother me. The furniture on the balcony does get blown around occasionally. You have to be careful going outside while the ship is underway because the wind can take your glasses right off your face. When the wind is calm, the forward balcony is a wonderful place to be while sailing. I'll also say you will hear and feel the thrusters when they're operating. Caribe 101 is very close to the winching deck, so when the anchors are dropped, there is a lot of noise! All this tends to be very early in the morning. 

From Lido 108, you can look up to the Sanctuary but looking down from the Sanctuary, I can't really see much of the balcony. There was occasional noise coming from above but not much and not often. Nevertheless, we love these unique rooms and balconies and forward views. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:53 PM, jimbo1683 said:

I have L108 on Sky booked next

We have never been on the forward, always aft, and love that.  We are 50 days in vista suite on sky deck!  Wondering about the movement.  I usually have no problem in the back and stay in sanctuary usually, but now am wondering!!!