When you miss Azamara and it becomes surreal

excitedofharpenden

25 minutes ago, uktog said:

Second only to here’s what another line is doing......  

Or why doesn’t a cruise line go to ......

Bottom line Azamara has two ships cold layover, very few crew in Scotland and Scotland has quarantine free entry with very few countries. 

So it would be good to return to thinking about White Night, Spirits/Den and Living Room playlists and stay on the topic of threads as best we can. 

Allow me to apologize, uktog and excitedofharpenden.  I responded to a poster's concern about sports for kids during Covid.  It was a direct response and so perhaps not a high crime on CruiseCritic - let's call it a misdemeanor - but it nonetheless veered from your topic's discussion of pop music during the 1990s.

Sorry.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Okay, I just asked Alexa to play pop music from the 1990s. And on comes Tina Turner, Rolling on the River.  I think I've just been beamed down to White Night ☺️

Phil 

I have to ask. Why is this on the Azamara board?  A lot of discussion that is totally irrelevant to Azamara cruisers looking for information. 

52 minutes ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

I have to ask. Why is this on the Azamara board?  A lot of discussion that is totally irrelevant to Azamara cruisers looking for information. 

Lots of us, whether frequent or occasional Azamara cruisers, fondly remember the White Night party.  We hear the music in our heads. Many of us have gotten to know many of the other posters on this board, and we miss the experience of boarding the ship and seeing old friends.  We come to this board to share information, answer questions, and remember the good times that used to roll. If you feel the discussion is totally irrelevant, you can always bypass any poster you want to.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

A lighthearted thread is very welcome.  Some posters appear to want to dismiss any form of joy or happiness.  Times are hard, and I for one, need a reason to smile from time to time.

Very true!  Too much gloom and doom.

I have several songs that I hear on the radio that immediately take me back to White Night and also to dancing the night away later!  If any of you got tired of the DJ playing Happy I apologize 🙂

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Very true!  Too much gloom and doom.

I have several songs that I hear on the radio that immediately take me back to White Night and also to dancing the night away later!  If any of you got tired of the DJ playing Happy I apologize 🙂

Never - one of our favourites since our family made a video of them all miming to Happy & had it played to us on a small boat cruise in the Maldives to celebrate my DH’s 70th birthday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying this thread and I have never sailed on Azamara.  However, i'm looking seriously at a cruise for next May hoping that the cruise world will be back to normal by then.  I am really enjoying looking at videos of the Pursuit and the wonderful meals that Azamara serves.  

• Like 3