When you miss Azamara and it becomes surreal

excitedofharpenden

I have also been reminded indirectly of great nights in Spirits/The Den singing Sweet Caroline.

Funnily enough this was because of a poster I saw outside our local wine bar this evening.  

It said remember, no Sweet Caroline

No hands, touching hands

No reaching out, touching me or touching you

Maybe that will get the message about 2 metre separation over to some here at least!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Okay, I just asked Alexa to play pop music from the 1990s. And on comes Tina Turner, Rolling on the River.  I think I've just been beamed down to White Night ☺️

Phil 

Evening Phil,

Possibly the most misquoted song title ever

It's Proud Mary

4 hours ago, uktog said:

I have also been reminded indirectly of great nights in Spirits/The Den singing Sweet Caroline.

Funnily enough this was because of a poster I saw outside our local wine bar this evening.  

No hands, touching hands

Maybe that will get the message about 2 metre separation over to some here at least!

I saw this morning Neil has released a new, slightly altered version of the song, using the words you quoted.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, uktog said:

No hands, touching hands

The Boston Red Sox baseball team have a tradition of playing this song at the bottom of the 8th inning, with the crowd joining in  - so good, so good, so good. Diamond wrote this song about Caroline Kennedy, so it is especially loved by Boston. No touching in baseball now though or playing to live audiences, only seats with cardboard cutouts.  😞

Betsey

2 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The Boston Red Sox baseball team have a tradition of playing this song at the bottom of the 8th inning, with the crowd joining in  - so good, so good, so good. Diamond wrote this song about Caroline Kennedy, so it is especially loved by Boston. No touching in baseball now though or playing to live audiences, only seats with cardboard cutouts.  😞

Betsey

On the sporting theme, here in Australia Football (Australian Rules, not "proper football" which we call Soccer) is being played to empty stands and being televised.

We also watch F1 racing . . . currently without spectators . . . team members wearing masks . . . no end of race ceremony.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

On the sporting theme, here in Australia Football (Australian Rules, not "proper football" which we call Soccer) is being played to empty stands and being televised.

We also watch F1 racing . . . currently without spectators . . . team members wearing masks . . . no end of race ceremony.

Same here for football (soccer) & cricket. Some football clubs provide cardboard cutouts with photos on them of those supporters who haven’t asked for money back from their season pass!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Not empty stands if you live in Western Australia.

16 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Wow, Baynanno1, I had to Google Aussie football and saw a clip. No helmets or other protective gear! I’ll bet there are a lot of injuries! I must say that I’m not crazy about American football and I don’t know if they will have a season this year. My grandsons are crazy about playing basketball and don’t know if they will be able to play team sports when school resumes. Any contact sports are risky.

Betsey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Wow, Baynanno1, I had to Google Aussie football and saw a clip. No helmets or other protective gear! I’ll bet there are a lot of injuries! I must say that I’m not crazy about American football and I don’t know if they will have a season this year. My grandsons are crazy about playing basketball and don’t know if they will be able to play team sports when school resumes. Any contact sports are risky.

Betsey

My Oregon grandson went to his first field soccer practice, after which his parents pulled him out.  With his consent.  Most of the social distancing guidelines had been dumped, and my daughter told me she could see the coach's spit flying out of his mouth, backlit in the setting sun.  Groups of people in near-contact are happy feeding grounds for this virus.  Stay healthy, wear a mask!

• Like 3

@benjoon lucky you in a state well isolated from the bulk of the east, where except for the lovely isolated island state Tassie the situation has blown up thanks to a small number of stupid, irresponsible people who flouted regulations and lied to cross borders!

It is not so easy to cross a land border into WA as it is to move between Victoria, New South Wales & Queensland. At those border crossings more than a few people have lied, hidden in a car boot, or having been denied the right to cross, they have gone to another crossing to try again! Also you are well shielded by South Australia & Northern Territory.

Enjoy the games as part of a socially distanced crowd reduced to half the capacity of the ground. 😀

@Mackdogmolly Betsey, my other half watches Gridiron and many fellow cruisers have been surprised by his knowledge of the game and players. Yes, AFL has it's share of injuries, as do most sports. I think Rugby has more serious injuries, spinal. Apparently helmets have been shown by research to not make a noticeable difference to injuries. Most injuries seem to be joint and muscular, most commonly in the legs.

I wish you and your family well, especially your grandsons if they do get to play basketball this year. 😀

@Ithikan A good decision on the part of your daughter and her family. Stay safe & well. 😀

A small reduction in regulations in our eastern states saw numerous people totally disregarding social distancing regulations with most unwelcome results. 😢

• Like 2

That’s the problem with relaxing the guidelines. Before you know it, there is a surge of new cases. Here in the US, they still need to have way stricter guidelines in some of the states that still have high numbers of cases and deaths.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It doesn't seem possible for a thread to stay away from Covid-19, no matter what the subject 😔

Phil 

Second only to here’s what another line is doing......  

Or why doesn’t a cruise line go to ......

Bottom line Azamara has two ships cold layover, very few crew in Scotland and Scotland has quarantine free entry with very few countries. 

So it would be good to return to thinking about White Night, Spirits/Den and Living Room playlists and stay on the topic of threads as best we can. 

• Like 1