Would you really?

On 8/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

Would you really go on a cruise where you were required to wear a mask anytime out of your cabin including ports?

Absolutely not.  If the pandemic is strong enough to warrant masks, it's too early to start cruising.  Happy to wait till this has past.  Lots of other safer options for getting away.    

• Like 3

Yes, I'd cruise with a mask.  I probably see a lot of you people now while shopping, getting gas, church, etc., with a mask, which is a requirement in my state, so what is the difference?  A mask will be a part of the facial decor for a long time regardless of the immediate risk.

8 hours ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

Yes, I'd cruise with a mask.  I probably see a lot of you people now while shopping, getting gas, church, etc., with a mask, which is a requirement in my state, so what is the difference?  A mask will be a part of the facial decor for a long time regardless of the immediate risk.

The difference is that you will be in an environment for a week, with thousands of other people who have just arrived from who knows where, that hardly allows for any type of reasonable distancing. With the type of activities that go on during a cruise a mask is hardly likely to have the same affect as walking through a grocery store, sitting in church, or putting gas into your car. Maybe a mask will provide some sort of sense of security for you from contracting or spreading the virus but in reality it will like do little more than that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I probably see a lot of you people now while shopping, getting gas, church, etc., with a mask, which is a requirement in my state, so what is the difference? 

The difference is I am paying a lot of money to have "fun" on a cruise.   I wear a mask when I am required to, but  the level of fun I would have on a cruise in a mask isn't worth it to me.  I'll just get in my Jon boat and float out into the middle of the pond.  Throw the dogs out and let them splash around to get the wave effect.  

• Like 3

On 8/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

Would you really go on a cruise where you were required to wear a mask anytime out of your cabin including ports?

I'm torn.  I miss traveling so much!  I have flown twice since July and have had fewer issues with the mask on the flights than I expected I would.  So, yeah, I might consider it.