Rotterdam in Rotterdam

samsonmo

Beautiful Farewell pics.

Thanks everyone for posting them.  And thanks to @rotjeknor’s son for the excellent pics and videos.  So sad to see another ship that provided us with such great cruises, itineraries and crews leave the fleet 😞 

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Beautiful Farewell pics.

Thanks everyone for posting them.  And thanks to @rotjeknor’s son for the excellent pics and videos.  So sad to see another ship that provided us with such great cruises, itineraries and crews leave the fleet 😞 

Your welcome! I’ll forward the thanks to my son .

I’m on vacation in a different part of the Netherlands right now, so I had to make do with the videos as well. I had tears in my eyes. My son said there were more people who were crying when she departed. What a ship can do with you ....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

Your welcome! I’ll forward the thanks to my son .

I’m on vacation in a different part of the Netherlands right now, so I had to make do with the videos as well. I had tears in my eyes. My son said there were more people who were crying when she departed. What a ship can do with you ....

If you want some more tears, @samsonmo sent me the link to this video. (I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing it here - I thought he would post it hasn’t been posted yet.....). You can watch it by clicking the link and scrolling down or hopefully the you tube link works as well.

https://www.cruisereiziger.nl/2020/08/10/rotterdam-krijgt-warm-onthaal-bij-laatste-call-in-rotterdam/

Be sure to put the video on full screen.  It’s wonderful, special and worth the watch.  And there are a lot of toots!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you want some more tears, @samsonmo sent me the link to this video. (I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing it here - I thought he would post it hasn’t been posted yet.....). You can watch it by clicking the link and scrolling down or hopefully the you tube link works as well.

https://www.cruisereiziger.nl/2020/08/10/rotterdam-krijgt-warm-onthaal-bij-laatste-call-in-rotterdam/

Be sure to put the video on full screen.  It’s wonderful, special and worth the watch.  And there are a lot of toots!

Lots of toots? Yesterday and today she tooted all the way along the river; I wonder whether anybody on board counted the number of toots . Thank you m.s. Rotterdam for many perfect voyages.

• Like 1

Very emotional. We had to disembark early in Funchal this November because my husband was ill and couldn't afford to risk the transatlantic. The port of Rotterdam is very special to me since it is the first time I met my grandfather at the old HAL terminal in 1963. Tears were certainly flowing at that video of her last sail in as the RotterdamVI. Will miss you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lunar Dragon said:

My husband found this on YouTube, the Rotterdam on its way to dry dock.

from about 1 minute in.

A special ship......she will be missed!

Ah, this was great and soooo bittersweet to hear her and the old Rotterdam tooting to each other.  We did this on our way out when we were on the Voyage of the Vikings in 2018.  Thought it was pretty special then...little did I know.   Glad to get to hear it one last time.

• Like 3