Rotterdam in Rotterdam

samsonmo

54 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

It was copied from one of the webcams from the Port of Rotterdam as are all of the photos above. It might look slightly dark however I can assure the weather here is incredible, we are in the middle of a heat wave with temperatures above 35 celsius. I am sure many photos will follow on her last journey as Rotterdam, I was just the first one to post today.

Rosalyn

My pics are not from webcam, view from our balcony:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boco said:

My pics are not from webcam, view from our balcony:)

I stand corrected that must be one cool balcony, is it one of the new builds? we have friends in one of them they have side and frontal views of the N.Waterweg incredible!!

38 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I stand corrected that must be one cool balcony, is it one of the new builds? we have friends in one of them they have side and frontal views of the N.Waterweg incredible!!

Yep, this was taken from the Oasis

20141014_190013.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the pictures.  Watched some of the sail in, but missed a lot of it.  I hope the Amsterdam arrives an hour or two later than RDM.  (Secretly, I had hoped that RDM would have been delayed slightly!)

3 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

Here are some pictures and videos taken in the past hour , it’s now almost 10 am in Rotterdam 

photo’s courtesy of my One Star Mariner son !

Please thank your son on our behalf for the wonderful pics and videos.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

I will ! He took 2 cruises on the Rotterdam and will miss her just like his old man .....

Dank je wel Jaap  @rotjeknor, thanks very much and also your son for making these pictures and specially that short video of the ship coming in and blowing its horn that was very special , I let a small tear drop ........

Here in Ontario , Canada I was up until 3.30 am to see this special moment and took my screenshots from Hotel New York  where we had a coffee together a couple of years ago . Greetings from Martha and me .

Ton 

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 3.05.44 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the pictures and videos!  Had tears in my eyes seeing her arrive for the last time in Rotterdam.  We have traveled on her many times, last year to the north pole.

Little did we know that was our last trip on her!

I  do hope the lovely  art work gets transferred to the Rotterdam VII!

• Like 3

@rotjeknor  Thank your son for the great pics and I hope maybe he can do the same when the Amsterdam comes by?  If possible?  I don't believe she will actually dock there but if the dry dock is in the area, hopefully he can catch some pictures of her. 

Thank you,

Linda R.

• Like 1

Just now, cruzingnut said:

@rotjeknor  Thank your son for the great pics and I hope maybe he can do the same when the Amsterdam comes by?  If possible?  I don't believe she will actually dock there but if the dry dock is in the area, hopefully he can catch some pictures of her. 

Thank you,

Linda R.

Thanks! The Amsterdam will go straight to Damen Shipyards. He won’t be able to take pics there . If I see any pics on websites from shiplovers in the area , I’ll ask if I can post those .

• Like 1

Just now, rotjeknor said:

Thanks! The Amsterdam will go straight to Damen Shipyards. He won’t be able to take pics there . If I see any pics on websites from shiplovers in the area , I’ll ask if I can post those .

Thanks, I have no idea where the shipyard is but I figured I could always ask about pictures.  I'll have to Google it to see where it is.   Stay safe!