Rotterdam in Rotterdam

samsonmo

8 minutes ago, samsonmo said:

Sorry but we live in Amsterdam but hopefully someone else can take a picture.

Ms Amsterdam also on way to Rotterdam and will arrive few days later.

peter

That’s a shame you can’t go to Rotterdam to see her come in or sail out.  I suspect she will get a very big welcome and a sad farewell when she leaves.

Our sail in to Rotterdam on the the Rotterdam was unforgettable and a memory I will always cherish.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

That’s a shame you can’t go to Rotterdam to see her come in or sail out.  I suspect she will get a very big welcome and a sad farewell when she leaves.

Our sail in to Rotterdam on the the Rotterdam was unforgettable and a memory I will always cherish.

The Ms Rotterdam is presently just north of Lisbon. According to port information the ship will be at the Cruise Port terminal for about 36 hours.

We sailed the Rotterdam in 2011 from/to Rotterdam. An unforgettable experience.

Ms Amsterdam now heading to Gibraltar ( presently near Sicily) also on way to Rotterdam.

Peter

• Like 1

We have also had the wonderful experience of sailing from Rotterdam on MS Rotterdam to the North Cape and arriving back in Rotterdam for debarkation. I recall the band playing alongside for our departure and the waves from families ashore as we left the berth. I wonder if that will happen once more for this beautiful ship.

We have also sailed on MS Amsterdam to Alaska from Seattle. We will miss her as well. Our booking in Sept 2021 on her from Boston to Montreal has, of course, been canceled. We hope Fred Olsen takes good care of them both. One technical detail ... most may not know that MS Rotterdam has conventional propellers while MS Amsterdam was the first HAL ship to have azipods installed. So while they are R-class sisters, they are slightly different in that respect.

1 minute ago, boco said:

We wonen in Maassluis aan de Waterweg, alleen de wekker zetten:)

That means a very early morning rise but with the hot weather presently that should not be a too big problem.

Peter

We too sailed on the Rotterdam in and out of Rotterdam,  it was unforgettable.  We had our son with us, and had to explain it was not a typical sendoff!   We also enjoyed staying in Rotterdam for a few days very much.

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

Thanks to mr Gus Antorcha of HAL: ETA seems to be: Monday between 08.00 and 09.00 hrs at the cruise terminal at the Wilhelminakade. The m.s. Rotterdam VI will stay at that quay till Tuesday morning. So she will not disappear immediately in the docks.  Many pictures will surely be taken on her way from Hoek van Holland to the terminal and at the terminal. And you can be sure that a few of them will be published on Cruise Critic.

And, by the way, those webcams (see for the link #12) choose webcams Erasmus 1 or 2.  And if you would like to follow her by webcams all the way from Hoek van Holland: you can follow her almost (!) all along the river.  We will wave 😉 . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We too sailed on the Rotterdam in and out of Rotterdam,  it was unforgettable.  We had our son with us, and had to explain it was not a typical sendoff!   We also enjoyed staying in Rotterdam for a few days very much.

We had to do the same thing with our DIL, as there were people lined up all over to see the ship depart.  It was her first cruise, and she didn't know what to expect, but was blown away by everyone yelling and waving at the ship.  I'm glad it's one of her first memories of cruising.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We too sailed on the Rotterdam in and out of Rotterdam,  it was unforgettable

Oh my, yes!  And upon sailing and passing Rotterdam V, the exchange of whistle salutes between the two ships brought tears to my eyes! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, samsonmo said:

Sorry but we live in Amsterdam but hopefully someone else can take a picture.

Ms Amsterdam also on way to Rotterdam and will arrive few days later.

peter

Yes, you're not allowed to go to Rotterdam..

Bob - I would think the hand over to Fred Olsen will be in the drydocking period when name & port of registration will also be done.  Fred Olsens other vessels are laid up in Firth of Forth near Edinburgh. 

17 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Seems to be a few webcams located around the port maybe we will get a live view!

https://www.portofrotterdam.com/en/our-port/see-do-and-experience/see/webcams

8 hours ago, MAVIP said:

And, by the way, those webcams (see for the link #12) choose webcams Erasmus 1 or 2.  And if you would like to follow her by webcams all the way from Hoek van Holland: you can follow her almost (!) all along the river.  We will wave 😉 . 

Thank you both. 🙂