Alaska cruises gone, too???

Cruisesfun65

1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

This morning not a single Alaska sailing available. Is it me? Is it a glitch?

Please don't say it's a capacity control thing, cause I'll flip. 🤣

I'm showing 7 different sailings as of now - some with multiple dates.

Brand Ambassador John Heald did an interview this morning with Chief Communications Officer Chris Whateverhislastnameis on his Facebook page.  I'm quoting the relevant portion from Chris:

We know our guests get anxious the moment some change is made online. It does not mean we have made a decision. But we are carefully managing inventory as we work through these decisions.

An update...I went back to the "Find A Cruise" page and the website gave me the "Oh Snap!" line that no Alaskan cruises were available.  However, I cleared the filters on the Find A Cruise search function and then started over from scratch and all the Alaskan cruises were again visible.

I may be wrong, but it looks like a website glitch to me.

Update #2: After clearing the search filters and starting from scratch, I was able to get to the payment page for an 8 day Alaskan cruise from Seattle on September 13, 2021.

It does appear to be a website glitch.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Like 1

They only remove cruises like this from the website if they are going to be cancelled. I've already been through this twice now.  And I just read someone else's comment that they have been through this six times.  So yes, they are going to be cancelled. As far as John's response is concerned: I love John Heald and all, but he says what they want him to say.  And they always give him some baloney reply to give before they are ready to make the official announcement.

Edited by Cruising_Addict

We were also looking for Alaska sailings out of Seattle, but very few available.  It may be a glitch, but it also may be that they are holding up on inventory until a vaccine is created.  Also they know they have a bunch of canceled cruisers wanting to book their replacement cruises.  So inventory might be lower than usual.  

53 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We were also looking for Alaska sailings out of Seattle, but very few available.  It may be a glitch, but it also may be that they are holding up on inventory until a vaccine is created.  Also they know they have a bunch of canceled cruisers wanting to book their replacement cruises.  So inventory might be lower than usual.  

I'm seeing dozens (I did a rough count of the offerings and there were about 40 cruises available out of Seattle) of Alaskan cruises available from Seattle.  The ones I have visibility to start in April 2021 and run through 2022 season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising_Addict said:

They only remove cruises like this from the website if they are going to be cancelled. I've already been through this twice now.  And I just read someone else's comment that they have been through this six times.  So yes, they are going to be cancelled.

I definitely understand the frustration, but I'm not sure what you describe is the case...at least not in this instance. 

These cruises haven't disappeared as they have in the past...they seem to come and go depending upon how you interface with the website.  As I mentioned before, I can book multiple Alaskan cruises if I go in with a 'virgin' search.  It's when I try to do a second search using the same search parameters is when they disappear.

Again, I could be wrong, but to me, this isn't like what we've seen in the past with cruises disappearing from the website and no longer being "bookable".  This feels more like a website error to me.

Garnett

On 8/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, N7786W Flyer said:

I was able to get all the way to the payment page for a 10 day Alaskan cruise from San Francisco on May 31, 2021.  Although I didn't submit a payment, the website seemed ready to take one.

Garnett

I booked that just last night.  There were cabins to choose from