Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

23 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I guess I am in the Minority. I like the couch by the balcony so I can work on my laptop early am and watch the sunrise while wife is sleeping.  

Yeahhhh  Tom, you are in the Minority ........ to work on a cruiseship  😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I am still in between about the bed floor plan, all that's posted above makes perfectly sense.. but why waste space on accommodations? We're talking NCL here, the first ship completely under FDR. :classic_huh: Cruise lines in general go above and beyond to add, say, eight staterooms in a dry dock to their ships instead of a library or unused conference room these days.

And I am not impressed by the standard balcony bathroom size, on the floor plan. It may be a bit bigger but not much? Not trying to be a pessimist!

Screenshot (72).png

Yes, but NCL has published the cabins sizes and marketed that they are most spacious at sea.  Of course that is marketing speak but they probably are the advertised size.  Surely they are prefabing the cabins somewhere and someone knows the configuration??

I will say, with that balcony cabin floorplan that people keep sharing, I don't understand why the bed is near the balcony. For me, the only advantage of having the bed near the balcony has been access to the closet. Since that is a non-issue with this closet location, it seems like it would make way more sense to have the larger of the two nightstands against the bathroom wall, then the bed, then the smaller nightstand, then the couch, so the bed wouldn't be blocking the balcony door. From that floor plan, it looks like it would be really hard to access and open the balcony door. It looks to be less than a foot of space.

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes, but NCL has published the cabins sizes and marketed that they are most spacious at sea.  Of course that is marketing speak but they probably are the advertised size.  Surely they are prefabing the cabins somewhere and someone knows the configuration??

Worse: I am pretty sure somewhere in this world there is a 1:1 model/mockup of a stateroom, finished in detail, to experience the materials, and look and feel the stateroom for development/management purposes. So somewhere behind closed doors in an Italian warehouse or some shed sits this mockup..:classic_ninja:

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I guess I am in the Minority. I like the couch by the balcony so I can work on my laptop early am and watch the sunrise while wife is sleeping.  

I can't be quiet enough for the Admiral so I look for a stealthy escape path to secure coffee and watch sunrises 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I will say, with that balcony cabin floorplan that people keep sharing, I don't understand why the bed is near the balcony. For me, the only advantage of having the bed near the balcony has been access to the closet. Since that is a non-issue with this closet location, it seems like it would make way more sense to have the larger of the two nightstands against the bathroom wall, then the bed, then the smaller nightstand, then the couch, so the bed wouldn't be blocking the balcony door. From that floor plan, it looks like it would be really hard to access and open the balcony door. It looks to be less than a foot of space.

Bed by the balcony allows plenty of room for two people to be dressing and preparing to go out of the cabin else you have to continually scoot past the bed or dress in the bathroom JMHO.  Both work.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Bed by the balcony allows plenty of room for two people to be dressing and preparing to go out of the cabin else you have to continually scoot past the bed or dress in the bathroom JMHO.  Both work.

As long as the little desk was moved over towards the balcony as well, I don't think you would have to do much "scooting", as there looks to be a good 2.5-3 feet between the foot of the bed and the wall. With the desk in its current position, up against the side of the closet, you are right that the space to get around the foot of the bed would be too narrow.

19 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Yeahhhh  Tom, you are in the Minority ........ to work on a cruiseship  😋

Well I am cruising a lot to get even LOL. Got 18 bookings from Nov 2021 to Nov 2024.  With a recent Free cruise on Celebrity Silouette Jan 24 I will be on the sea for 27 days in Jan/Feb 2022. Return Feb 4 to Ft Lauderdale and board the Bliss for a 16 day Panama Canal cruise 🙂. I don’t mind Working with that sea view!  I did give them the option of retirement or work from ships and they went with the ship option.

Tom

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

On the fun side: did we already noticed this?

"VIP Experiences
Get up close and personal to your favorite performances at our VIP Booths and enjoy exclusive treatment — it’s sure to be show-stopping."

https://app.ncl.com/cruise-ship/prima/whats-on-board

Sounds like they will have booths up front like in Vegas showrooms. I am assuming those will be a pretty penny to reserve. And I wonder how they will work when they change the theatre to a nightclub? Maybe track along the floor to the sides of the room? Could be very different and fun.

On 9/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, JennaMae said:

I’m thinking Deck 8, might become my home away from home for our trip….loving the concept there!

I specifically booked midship Deck 9 to be close to all the action but not directly above any of it. We'll see as the reviews come out, I am not on until July 2023 so I have time to change if needed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

We shall be down the hall, a bit below the salt, but not too far😁

You and others who shall not be named for fear of getting booted again already have an open invite. On a 10 nighter, we can do a lot of damage to the free bottles of booze that should be coming with the room.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

You and others who shall not be named for fear of getting booted again already have an open invite. On a 10 nighter, we can do a lot of damage to the free bottles of booze that should be coming with the room.

Wish I could be on your sailing. Bad time for me to take off from work. Bermuda April ‘23 for me! 

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I will do my share of damage to the bottles of booze.  Doing a 10 nighter followed by a 12 nighter in 328 days....

• Haha 3

On 10/20/2021 at 4:40 PM, happy cruzer said:

The way I deal with this issue is that I get ready first...then head down to bar where I will explore the subtleties of my drink plan.  That way no bumping into each other.  Works every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WarfRatWA said:

The way I deal with this issue is that I get ready first...then head down to bar where I will explore the subtleties of my drink plan.  That way no bumping into each other.  Works every time.

As I travel solo, I have never experienced the problem of having someone interfering with my morning, before and after dinner preparations 😜

• Like 4

On 10/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, Karaboudjan said:

Maybe not the deck plans, but I just started a booking on Encore, selected a regular balcony and the floor plan link shows a room with the recess for the bed.  Same process for Prima shows a room with a straight wall.

Not sure about Prima yet, but on other ships, when you select a cabin, the details tell if the bed is near the entrance or balcony. Very helpful. 

18 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

As I travel solo, I have never experienced the problem of having someone interfering with my morning, before and after dinner preparations 😜

I have to say, I LOVE traveling alone. No one to be a downer and ruin my fun or feeling responsible to make sure someone else is having fun.  Been there done that and going solo is relaxing. I love going on organized tours too, alone  🙂 

• Like 5

On 10/19/2021 at 8:26 PM, RVACruiser43 said:

That's how I feel, love sitting and watching out the window.  When I have an inside/studio I get up and go on the deck to watch the sunrise. 

• Like 2