Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 7/20/2021 at 12:27 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Don't forget that alternating cabins are to save space, albeit a small bit it does add up for the cruise line, so don't be surprised if Prima has that as well. :classic_smile:

Is there any news about the balcony layout?  Is it all bed by balcony or alternating?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Is there any news about the balcony layout?  Is it all bed by balcony or alternating?  Thanks.

I'd wager that it will be alternating, just like most other ships currently sailing.  There's a reason they do it that way...

• Like 2

I was looking at Prima's cruises and stateroom options last night and after looking at the renderings I am wondering about the aft cabins. I got excited when I saw there is an "aft deluxe owner's suite." We love sailing in the aft cabins and an aft DOS with hot tub (which the stateroom diagram appears to indicate) would be an aspirational/upgrade bidding goal. 

BUT. That flying saucer on the lower decks looks like it takes away all of the fun of being on the aft by pushing the cabins way back. When you look down from your balcony, your view is going to be of a deck below, not the water. 

That's a nope for me! So sad. I wonder if NCL is going to discover that passengers aren't going to be as willing to pay a premium for this as they think. 

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I'd wager that it will be alternating, just like most other ships currently sailing.  There's a reason they do it that way...

It may not be conclusive, but the Prima floorplans do not show the same recess that the BA class has to make the alternate arrangement work.  Without that recess I don't see any particular reason for two different layouts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

It may not be conclusive, but the Prima floorplans do not show the same recess that the BA class has to make the alternate arrangement work.  Without that recess I don't see any particular reason for two different layouts.

This also tells me there's no need for the wonky walls, since they're focused on giving space, not conserving it. 

image.png.a603adf94a3158d2ba16b7a9adf2afbb.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

The deck plans haven't shown that recess for quite a while now. They are shown on the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway, but since the Escape the walls between rooms are shown as flat on the deck plans.

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The deck plans haven't shown that recess for quite a while now. They are shown on the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway, but since the Escape the walls between rooms are shown as flat on the deck plans.

Maybe not the deck plans, but I just started a booking on Encore, selected a regular balcony and the floor plan link shows a room with the recess for the bed.  Same process for Prima shows a room with a straight wall.

9 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I was looking at Prima's cruises and stateroom options last night and after looking at the renderings I am wondering about the aft cabins. I got excited when I saw there is an "aft deluxe owner's suite." We love sailing in the aft cabins and an aft DOS with hot tub (which the stateroom diagram appears to indicate) would be an aspirational/upgrade bidding goal. 

BUT. That flying saucer on the lower decks looks like it takes away all of the fun of being on the aft by pushing the cabins way back. When you look down from your balcony, your view is going to be of a deck below, not the water. 

That's a nope for me! So sad. I wonder if NCL is going to discover that passengers aren't going to be as willing to pay a premium for this as they think. 

Very good point. I like an aft to get away from everything and just enjoy the wake as we sail. These (at least on Deck 9) will be directly over the Lounge area and they could easily have bands there or other loud events as you're trying to relax on the aft balcony. It will be curious to see how the early reviews are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

Maybe not the deck plans, but I just started a booking on Encore, selected a regular balcony and the floor plan link shows a room with the recess for the bed.  Same process for Prima shows a room with a straight wall.

I agree that Prima & her sisters most likely will NOT have the alternating bed arrangements like the EPIC & Breakaway class ships have.  NCL cabin layout renderings are fairly accurate and IF the new vessels were going to have the alternating beds we'd see the articulation of the walls bumping in/out on the rendering.  There would be little to no advantage to manufacturing the cabin units with alternating bed placement if they are not doing the narrower paired rooms that forced the need for the bump in/outs and alternating bed placements and closet on back of bathroom wall in the first place.

I think we will see beds in all oceanview and balcony/club balcony rooms with the bed near the exterior wall/balcony as shown in the room layouts/renderings

• Like 2

I am still in between about the bed floor plan, all that's posted above makes perfectly sense.. but why waste space on accommodations? We're talking NCL here, the first ship completely under FDR. :classic_huh: Cruise lines in general go above and beyond to add, say, eight staterooms in a dry dock to their ships instead of a library or unused conference room these days.

And I am not impressed by the standard balcony bathroom size, on the floor plan. It may be a bit bigger but not much? Not trying to be a pessimist!

Screenshot (72).png

31 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I am still in between about the bed floor plan, all that's posted above makes perfectly sense.. but why waste space on accommodations? We're talking NCL here, the first ship completely under FDR. :classic_huh: Cruise lines in general go above and beyond to add, say, eight staterooms in a dry dock to their ships instead of a library or unused conference room these days.

And I am not impressed by the standard balcony bathroom size, on the floor plan. It may be a bit bigger but not much? Not trying to be a pessimist!

Screenshot (72).png

Something else to note - as far as access to the closet the bed placement means NOTHING.  Look where the closet is...

• Like 1

I cruise mainly on the Jewel and Dawn class ships.  Those rooms mirror and have no bump outs for beds.  I would have thought the bed arrangement was more due to the bathrooms, it makes sense to me for the bathrooms to be positioned next to each other for plumbing purposes. Then the bed and closet would be positioned due to the bathroom.  I vote for alternating beds/sofa in Prima.

9 hours ago, hallux said:

Something else to note - as far as access to the closet the bed placement means NOTHING.  Look where the closet is...

I love that the closet is in a better location. It will be much easier to access the closet there, instead of having it right next to the bed or couch like on the Away ships. 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:05 AM, Shellbelle28 said:

Call me crazy, but you can still very clearly see all the water when you look straight out. I was just off the RCC Jewel of the Seas earlier this month in an Owners Suite, and there was no view above me. The buffet was right above our deck and overhung the side of the ship completely blocking our view up. I was more angry about that and not being able to see any stars than I would have been about not being able to look directly down. 

Booked in a deck 12 aft owners suite on the Prima in 2023 and can't wait to try out that hot tub and look up at the stars.

• Like 6