Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

2 hours ago, Steff79 said:

before the theater, to the front,  there is a lot of space, the theater is mor to the middle.

wonder what will be there?

Probably crew cabins.  A quick look at MSC SEASIDE's deck plan shows this.  It's pretty detailed.  Of course MSC SEASIDE and NORWEGIAN PRIMA are both based off Fincantieri's Project Mille design.  

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.26.53 PM.png

50 minutes ago, psac said:

It’s hard to tell, but does it look like 12320 and 12924 are a little larger than the other cabins I’m this group?

Maybe?  That bump makes it seem that way.  That's why there's generally a range for the sizes of the staterooms in a category...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlanRRT said:

By the time my cruise on the Prima comes around I'll be 68.  Look for me on the slides and the go carts.

I have the same age and look for me as the official photographer of the GoKart's official Cruise Critic race LOL   For the slide, if I want to finish the cruise in a wheelchair, that would be the perfect receipe

3 hours ago, psac said:

It’s hard to tell, but does it look like 12320 and 12924 are a little larger than the other cabins I’m this group?

BDD4558D-B445-4990-9F83-808A84F14D1B.thumb.jpeg.c51a6ec770e286f2e237b362ef653744.jpeg

The descriptions for 12924 and 12926 are not the same... only thing I can think of is it's possibly a handicap room that isn't labeled as such yet? 12926 is missing a bathtub, walk-in closet, and separate bedroom with a door that are present in 12924. In happier news, I see my cabin 12324 right there, wahoo! 2023 can't come soon enough. image.thumb.png.4307732f2cda471fd5640087ab81cbc4.png

image.thumb.png.16b5f2948243da4ec08110918da82d7f.png

55 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

The descriptions for 12924 and 12926 are not the same... only thing I can think of is it's possibly a handicap room that isn't labeled as such yet? 12926 is missing a bathtub, walk-in closet, and separate bedroom with a door that are present in 12924. In happier news, I see my cabin 12324 right there, wahoo! 2023 can't come soon enough. image.thumb.png.4307732f2cda471fd5640087ab81cbc4.png

Hmmm, interesting.  Your room should be a great one!!

12 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Where is your screenshot from?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

also… do you see the same different descriptions for 12320?  I think we’re booked on that side. 😁. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Where is your screenshot from?

The NCL website. When you do a mock booking and click on a particular cabin number to pick, the full description for that room is posted right there. The key is doing a mock booking for a sailing you're not on - as your room won't show up since it's booked.

7 hours ago, psac said:

also… do you see the same different descriptions for 12320?  I think we’re booked on that side. 😁. Thanks!

I would assume as much. Again, you'll need to find a sailing where that cabin is available to book in order to see what it says about it. Since a lot of the Prima sailings are booked up, it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find one where your particular cabin is available still.

• Like 2

I'm trying to figure the location of the Slide off the side of the ship in relation to our Cabin 11160. When we called NCL not all that long ago, they said "No slides on the Prima", I was ready to pull the plug, and wahlah, they have slides.....still a kid at heart😋. Anyhow, any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Chers !

Smiling Monkey.jpg

16 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

I'm trying to figure the location of the Slide off the side of the ship in relation to our Cabin 11160. When we called NCL not all that long ago, they said "No slides on the Prima", I was ready to pull the plug, and wahlah, they have slides.....still a kid at heart😋. Anyhow, any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Chers !

Smiling Monkey.jpg

I'll refer to this post, again, that has a link to the NCL page with the deck plans.  Based on the posts (possibly before it?) that showed renderings with the slides, it can be deduced where the slides are on the deck plans.  Actually, the deck 8 plan even shows where the landing area is, makes it even easier to determine where the slides are...

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 3:15 PM, Steff79 said:

the two pools at deck 8 will be more to sit in then swim i think, but we will see.

I was thinking this as well, just because of their positioning on the sides of the ship.  Then I started looking closer and it appears there is a full deck hight of pool-well beneath them, so perhaps there will be some depth to them after all?  Time will tell.  

It's very unusual to have pools on the sides like this, mainly for stability reasons.  Usually pools are located on the centerline of the ship, whether they be forward, midship, or aft.  All that water is a lot of weight to be hanging off the side.  It will be interesting to see how they manage the stability with them.  Extra ballast tanks perhaps, and likely they both need to be filled or emptied at the same time.  

45 minutes ago, eroller said:

I was thinking this as well, just because of their positioning on the sides of the ship.  Then I started looking closer and it appears there is a full deck hight of pool-well beneath them, so perhaps there will be some depth to them after all?  Time will tell.  

It's very unusual to have pools on the sides like this, mainly for stability reasons.  Usually pools are located on the centerline of the ship, whether they be forward, midship, or aft.  All that water is a lot of weight to be hanging off the side.  It will be interesting to see how they manage the stability with them.  Extra ballast tanks perhaps, and likely they both need to be filled or emptied at the same time.  

I read that the pools actually are better because they are lower on the ship than normal.  This in itself creates less balance issues due to the lower center of gravity. 

25 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

I read that the pools actually are better because they are lower on the ship than normal.  This in itself creates less balance issues due to the lower center of gravity. 

I wonder what the weight difference is between Seashore and Prima for the "side pools". 

MSC_02.19_5.jpg

Seashore

ncl-prima-infinity-beach-sm.jpg

Prima (rendering)

42 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

The lower yes that is better, but having them cantilevered over the sides still creates stability issues.  Of course they have it all figured out, but it’s generally not done for a reason.  Smaller hot tubs are one thing.  Full sized pools are quite another. We may still discover these are nothing more than oversized shallow hot tubs.  We shall see.  

56 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

The other issue besides weight is momentum.  The amount of water in a full size ship pool can start to move around rapidly with even just a little movement of the ship.  Quickly gaining momentum and splashing out of the pool boundaries.  That is another reason for placing them on the center line of the ship.  Having them on the sides (providing they are true pools and not shallow oversized hot tubs) could leave them more susceptible to momentum issues.  

The main pool on CELEBRITY EDGE is so large it actually has dampeners built in to prevent too much water momentum should the ship start to move a bit.  The same is true of the Aqua Theater pool on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis Class ships. They remain the largest pools afloat based on water volume.  Nearly 18 feet deep!  

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, eroller said:

The other issue besides weight is momentum.  The amount of water in a full size ship pool can start to move around rapidly with even just a little movement of the ship.  Quickly gaining momentum and splashing out of the pool boundaries.  That is another reason for placing them on the center line of the ship.  Having them on the sides (providing they are true pools and not shallow oversized hot tubs) could leave them more susceptible to momentum issues.  

The main pool on CELEBRITY EDGE is so large it actually has dampeners built in to prevent too much water momentum should the ship start to move a bit.  The same is true of the Aqua Theater pool on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis Class ships. They remain the largest pools afloat based on water volume.  Nearly 18 feet deep!  

Looking at the renderings on the NCL web site it appears that most of the Infinity Beach pool is very shallow, with a deeper L-shaped section along one side and the outside edge.

• Like 1