Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I thought they were dry slides?

How does one not get their legs or butt stuck in the slide?  Does it maybe have gunny sacks or something?  NCL "Ready to slide this fast? Dare to experience The Drop, the first free-fall dry slide in the world."

Someone mentioned the kids, but I could also see  an adult who’s had a few sitting on the far edge of that pool and just falling backward. 😳. I think more glass there would be a good thing…

FA673AC4-4202-44B2-9AF9-98CCA5CDCA25.thumb.jpeg.e25728f18a5fc7d1b915c37a21c6a217.jpeg

Edited by psac

8 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

How does one not get their legs or butt stuck in the slide?  Does it maybe have gunny sacks or something?  NCL "Ready to slide this fast? Dare to experience The Drop, the first free-fall dry slide in the world."

Don’t the slides for the royal caribbean ships have mats?

3 minutes ago, psac said:

Someone mentioned the kids, but I could also see  an adult who’s had a few sitting on the far edge of that pool and just falling backward. 😳. I think more glass there would be a good thing…

FA673AC4-4202-44B2-9AF9-98CCA5CDCA25.thumb.jpeg.e25728f18a5fc7d1b915c37a21c6a217.jpeg

Keep in mind - for efficiency's sake there's a trough below the infinity edge, the water doesn't just dump back into the ocean (it actually needs to be treated before it is returned to the sea).  I'm not saying there's a large enough landing spot, but there's something below that edge, maybe they will need to have a net as an additional safety?

• Like 3

First find: blue supports at The Wave, I suppose for a normal water slide as seen in the very first black and white render. And the 2017 render also showed support bases for a (assumed) slide port side. Something is still unrevealed here.. 

:classic_biggrin:

820x460_Aqua-Park-Main-Pool_0.jpg

If someone can post the full size renders shots from NCL, that would be much appreciated, I am out of home. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

The Drop on the port side is dry, but it looks like the Rush on the starboard side may be wet.

My interpretation is that both The Drop and The Rush are dry slides.  The Drop is specifically called a dry slide in one of the pictures just released.  And there are previous postings of a blueprint that is labeled "Dry Slide Landing" that shows 2 side-by-side slides.  Plus the other renderings posted of that landing area don't seem to show the infrastructure for water.

I think there is also a third slide of sorts on the top deck which is wet and uses inner tubes to sit on.  You can see it on the attached picture.  And you can see part of the wet slide in the picture for the "Aqua Park", which doesn't show much of a park.  This wet slide with inner tubes seems similar to the one that is on the Epic -- the Epic Plunge.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 164759.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

As soon as I saw the first renderings, I knew there was no way they would have the glass that low on the pools. I predict plexiglass to the height of the traditional railings.

Yeah, there is zero chance that there won't be some type of barrier there.

Galaxy Pavilion

Immerse yourself in the virtual world of the Galaxy Pavilion. Explore a new reality on the first flying theater simulator at sea or tee it up with our first-at-sea TopGolf Swing Suite partnership. With everything from escape rooms to racing simulators, it’s a high-tech wonderland for the whole family.
  •  

2F34BA1B-A466-4A31-AE0F-F187DDC23105.jpeg

2C4B412C-2451-408D-8F52-4DEAAC03603C.jpeg

From what I see, it looks like that my visits to the top decks will be rather limited.  High tech games is not my cup of tea. I thought they mentioned earlier that the new ships would cater to a more adult population.  Maybe they defined the word "Adult" by 12 to 60.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

From what I see, it looks like that my visits to the top decks will be rather limited.  High tech games is not my cup of tea. I thought they mentioned earlier that the new ships would cater to a more adult population.  Maybe they defined the word "Adult" by 12 to 60.

I’m thinking Deck 8, might become my home away from home for our trip….loving the concept there!

• Like 1

Agreed that the top deck looks a bit like the encore in that there’s not much free deck space. Was hoping that the go-karts were just a rumor.  But everyone needs to remember that NCL is a mass market line that caters to families and not just those looking for a more upscale experience, they’re trying to appease the majority of the general public. 

Hopefully the ocean Blvd is NCL’s version of the sanctuary / solarium you find on on Carnvial and Royal? 

My guess is that those corner family suites are actually fine, and it's the regular balcony rooms in the squished corner which will be the worst - particularly on deck 14. The family balcony has their normal balcony looking directly off the side. It's not a corner balcony, as that is where the slides are. But those folks in the regular blue balcony rooms are getting their views blocked.

image.thumb.png.0baeae92b4cc0d2ba2d027a3188a63aa.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

My guess is that those corner family suites are actually fine, and it's the regular balcony rooms in the squished corner which will be the worst - particularly on deck 14. The family balcony has their normal balcony looking directly off the side. It's not a corner balcony, as that is where the slides are. But those folks in the regular blue balcony rooms are getting their views blocked.

image.thumb.png.0baeae92b4cc0d2ba2d027a3188a63aa.png

Those are the handicap accessible rooms. It would be crappy if the only balcony rooms that are accessible were blocked by the slide.also, my moms on deck 14 (edit:Shes on 13)in that room😬😳

Edited by Britbri22
Fixing deck number

2 hours ago, JennaMae said:

Tee Time….Mini ️ 

D8086B44-D783-405C-8D63-235D2376C418.jpeg

If anyone is looking for me on the transatlantic, look here first!

(well, second... Sugarcane is first)

I'm actually surprised at how family-oriented this ship seems to be. I was envisioning more of a Spirit-like feel.

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's like a shopping bag with a handle on one side and a long flat side to sit on.

That bag is nicer than any Abyss carpet we ever got. I always end up taking the skin off my elbows when I do the Abyss,,, no mater how hard I try to tuck them in.