The Daily for Tuesday Aug 18, 2020

richwmn

Good evening, everyone!   Jacqui, your gardens and party set up are magnificent.   My friend Tom came over today and we grilled chicken on the back deck and had a picnic there.   Just the two of us and nothing as elaborate as your set up, but I did put a table cloth on the table!  

Tonight's photos are of Godafoss in Iceland, August 22, 2019 aboard the ms. Rotterdam.  Iceland is another must do again location.  

DSC02472 (2).JPG

DSC02476 (2).JPG

DSC02482 (2).JPG

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@TiogaCruiser, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH; this is quite a week for you!  May you enjoy many more healthy, happy years together!

Thank you. Actually, it’s been quite the month. In less than 3 weeks we have celebrated our 30th anniversary,  I signed the paperwork and retired, and I had a magical birthday that makes one eligible to grocery shop early. Way too much excitement. (How many “life change units”* is that?)

* Holmes and Rahe

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!   Jacqui, your gardens and party set up are magnificent.   My friend Tom came over today and we grilled chicken on the back deck and had a picnic there.   Just the two of us and nothing as elaborate as your set up, but I did put a table cloth on the table!  

Tonight's photos are of Godafoss in Iceland, August 22, 2019 aboard the ms. Rotterdam.  Iceland is another must do again location.  

DSC02472 (2).JPG

DSC02476 (2).JPG

DSC02482 (2).JPG

Debbie, gorgeous photos.  I remember Godafoss well from our VOV in 2018.  Would love to go back too.

• Like 2

Rich,

Thanks for the daily update.

Definetly Daffodil Day here, have three vases of Daffodils in the house, and many at different stages of growth in the garden, the first Daffodils to flower in  our garden were in pots that I planted in February.

Rhododendrons, Camellias and Kowhai flowering in the neighbourhood.

• Like 4

Once again, I have loved all the beautiful photos.  I am sad seeing the pictures in Keukenhof, as that was to be one of the special visits after my TA on the Nieuw Statendam (cancelled).  I so wanted to visit as my husband always talked about taking his children there when he was stationed in Germany.  It is also a favorite memory for his two older children.

Best  wishes for all the celebrants of the day. Prayers for those living thru troubled times.  

I honestly think this is the one uplifting spot where we can encourage one another!  Thank you.

• Like 1