Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

28 minutes ago, Fifer said:

Has to be Scarborough.  Of course, in those days Round Britain meant up the East and then down the West.  I wonder if that pattern will return?  Up and down the Irish Sea is not nearly as interesting.

Yes it is. I recognise the castle and the Grand Hotel. Been there many times.

2 hours ago, Fifer said:

Has to be Scarborough.  Of course, in those days Round Britain meant up the East and then down the West.  I wonder if that pattern will return?  Up and down the Irish Sea is not nearly as interesting.

2 hours ago, Ray66 said:

Yes it is. I recognise the castle and the Grand Hotel. Been there many times.

Yes you are right.  It was Southampton, Newcastle, Queensferry, Greenock, Liverpool and back to Southampton.

54 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

Yes you are right.  It was Southampton, Newcastle, Queensferry, Greenock, Liverpool and back to Southampton.

We did an early QE one which called at Edinburgh, Invergordon, Greenock, Liverpool,  Dublin and Cork.  We had a connection with every port and had a wonderful time - and drank rather too much, rather too often.  Liverpool was a maiden call and we had a service in the cathedral, complete with Lesley Garrett, Simon Weston and the Band of the Welsh Guards.  Memorable!

13 minutes ago, Fifer said:

We did an early QE one which called at Edinburgh, Invergordon, Greenock, Liverpool,  Dublin and Cork.  We had a connection with every port and had a wonderful time - and drank rather too much, rather too often.  Liverpool was a maiden call and we had a service in the cathedral, complete with Lesley Garrett, Simon Weston and the Band of the Welsh Guards.  Memorable!

They do a good service / concert at the Cathedral.  I have been to two QE2's 40th and Cunard 175th both very memorable and moving.