Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

That looks quite big, so might be a Northern Bottlenose? I'd like to suggest one of the east-coast Scottish ports, Invergordon, or maybe South Queensferry/Newhaven. The apparent weather conditions, dull and overcast, would fit there as well.

53 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

That looks quite big, so might be a Northern Bottlenose? I'd like to suggest one of the east-coast Scottish ports, Invergordon, or maybe South Queensferry/Newhaven. The apparent weather conditions, dull and overcast, would fit there as well.

Close but  no

19 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

We saw the resident bottlenose in the Firth of Moray several years ago when we were last in the area, which had us near your home of Inverness. Not being able to identify individual dolphins by sight, I do not know if this is the same one that we saw.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

We saw the resident bottlenose in the Firth of Moray several years ago when we were last in the area, which had us near your home of Inverness. Not being able to identify individual dolphins by sight, I do not know if this is the same one that we saw.

try west coast

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Stornaway? Am I too early for my second guess? Sorry. I’m probably wrong so it won’t matter. 😀

further south this port is visited every year by Cunard

The following three posts contain photos of three new unseen ports!  All maiden calls.  Two are on our unseen list, and one is not.  I'll call them port A B and C.  Good luck! 

35 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I'll go ahead and identify Port B. That's Lifou, New Caledonia. I think the third photo for that port is showing us the Chapelle Notre Dame de Lourdes on the hilltop.

That's correct @bluemarble!  QE's maiden call to Lifou.  This was the replacement for Isle of Pines in the itinerary change a few months back.  And the third photo is indeed the Chapelle Notre Dame.  A bit smaller than the Paris one.  The photo of QE in the second picture was taken from the Chapelle hilltop.  Here also is the Chapelle itself.

20240224_094429.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NE John said:

“C” is recent call to Louganville, Vanuatu. I may have found a match from picture #2 of Photo 😄

Congratulations @NE John.  Port C is indeed today's maiden QE call to Louganville Vanuatu.   Good find on the photo from the similar vantage point. 

Quite a bit of the town, port, and airport infrastructure dates from WW2.  The third photo is Million Dollar beach, taken during QE's sailin this morning.   The beach and adjacent seabed contains equipment abandoned after the war and left to rust away.

• Thanks 1

Assuming Port A would be in the same neighborhood as the other two, I got a good match on the third photo to the Iririki Island Resort, which is also in Vanuatu. The island is in the harbor for Port Via, which appears to be a cruise stop.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'll go ahead and identify Port B. That's Lifou, New Caledonia. I think the third photo for that port is showing us the Chapelle Notre Dame de Lourdes on the hilltop.

This one I knew immediately, since I have my own photo taken from approximately the same location as the third picture. (it was a Pacific voyage on Celebrity for us.)  You just beat me to it...by more than twelve hours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Assuming Port A would be in the same neighborhood as the other two, I got a good match on the third photo to the Iririki Island Resort, which is also in Vanuatu. The island is in the harbor for Port Vila, which appears to be a cruise stop.

Correct!  Port A is Port Vila Vanuatu from our maiden QE call on Sunday 25 Feb.  And the third photo is indeed Iririki Island adjacent to the city.

With each of these three ports now identified, here are the cover pages from the daily programmes.  I'm told we also received maiden call plaques for the wall collection on deck 10 by the Commodore Club but they haven't been hung yet as of this morning.   I did find the plaque from QE's recent call at Port Lincoln SA.

image.thumb.png.7cad3d55fdd4fddd44bc87b13ce54be5.png

image.thumb.png.57112de4a42bcfbc90d9447c31571063.png

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, sfred said:

Correct!  Port A is Port Vila Vanuatu from our maiden QE call on Sunday 25 Feb.  And the third photo is indeed Iririki Island adjacent to the city.

With each of these three ports now identified, here are the cover pages from the daily programmes.  I'm told we also received maiden call plaques for the wall collection on deck 10 by the Commodore Club but they haven't been hung yet as of this morning.   I did find the plaque from QE's recent call at Port Lincoln SA.

image.thumb.png.7cad3d55fdd4fddd44bc87b13ce54be5.png

image.thumb.png.57112de4a42bcfbc90d9447c31571063.png

I’ll take a picture of the calls next time and post it. 

• Thanks 1

Here are three more ports, D E and F.  All are maiden calls for this Cunard ship.  Two are on our unseen list.  One has been seen, although not from a Cunard ship.  Good luck!