Anthem unlimited dining

I agree that there is a particularly nice windjammer on that ship— I don’t expect it to be there when it comes back to service (at least in that capacity). I think buffets are done with.
What exactly was the issue with Jamie’s? Why didn’t you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
I'd like to know as well better Jamie's is incredible. I was stuffed when I left there and everything was delicious. I'm surprised to hear it described as "awful".

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

On 9/1/2020 at 3:08 PM, denatravels said:

I’ve been to chops and enjoyed it. And I love sushi. I think this would be an easier decision if I had ever been to Jamie’s or wonderland. But I disagree about the menu for Jamie’s— looks great to me.

I was turned off by Jamie’s menus it seemed like all pasta dishes but the 30% discount I was offered on board. persuaded me to try it. I’m glad I did because I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the lamb cops and they were excellent. We were looking forward to Wonderland and weren’t impressed so you just never know until you try it.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

I was turned off by Jamie’s menus it seemed like all pasta dishes but the 30% discount I was offered on board. persuaded me to try it. I’m glad I did because I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the lamb cops and they were excellent. We were looking forward to Wonderland and weren’t impressed so you just never know until you try it.
That is so funny about Wonderland because I really didn't want to try at all. Just seemed gimmicky and not appealing to me but we got a great deal on a 3 night dining package so we booked it for the first night and was pleasantly surprised by that. We had so much fun and the food was good, different and interesting. We liked it so much we were gonna do it again when we sailed Anthem. It was just a nice memory for the start of that cruise. Like you said you never what you are gonna like and who will like what.
Next cruise is Oasis so no Wonderland but plenty of other places. Definitely getting the 3 night dining package. We like to mix up cruises with specialty and MDR. Definitely would not pay for us to get the ultimate dining package.

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

99% of the time when someone says "XXX was awful", they didn't like the kind of food being served.  The chances that everything served to them was tasteless/rotten/poorly executed/etc is minuscule.

Last time I ate in chops got the surf n turf. My lobster was awful. I cant remember, think cooked to mush, but the steak was divine. One of the best steaks ever. ... I didnt want to hold others up or I would have sent the lobster back. Just poorly cooked. They had a crowd and maybe were too busy. 

Sometimes something just isn't up to par. I just probably wouldnt order that again, just the steak most likely. .. just get me on a ship and let me order again. But sometimes even speciality restaurants arent perfect. And I love lobster. 

But yes, just the lobster wasnt good that one time. The rest was good. 

Edited by firefly333

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Last time I ate in chops got the surf n turf. My lobster was awful. I cant remember, think cooked to mush, but the steak was divine. One of the best steaks ever. ... I didnt want to hold others up or I would have sent the lobster back. Just poorly cooked. They had a crowd and maybe were too busy. 

Sometimes something just isn't up to par. I just probably wouldnt order that again, just the steak most likely. .. just get me on a ship and let me order again. But sometimes even speciality restaurants arent perfect. And I love lobster. 

But yes, just the lobster wasnt good that one time. The rest was good. 

And you agree with me, right?  You gave a full description of your experience, stated that one menu item wasn’t good.   You didn’t say, “CHOPS IS AWFUL”. 

😊

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

And you agree with me, right?  You gave a full description of your experience, stated that one menu item wasn’t good.   You didn’t say, “CHOPS IS AWFUL”. 

😊

Yes I agree, though mush lobster was a big disappointment. Was better cooked in Mdr. But yes just one big thing so I didnt say chops was awful, or I wouldnt go again. Of course I'll go again, if I ever get the chance.

The italian was so so, but since I generally hate italian and got my arm twisted I guess from someone who hates italian food that's a good review. Though the guy who wants to be added to my booking is italian so I might get my arm twisted again. 

The good thing about solo is eating at my own pace what I want and doing what I want. Of  course I cant wait to eat at chops again. Italian place ... not so much. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Yes I agree, though mush lobster was a big disappointment. Was better cooked in Mdr. But yes just one big thing so I didnt say chops was awful, or I wouldnt go again. Of course I'll go again, if I ever get the chance.

The italian was so so, but since I generally hate italian and got my arm twisted I guess from someone who hates italian food that's a good review. Though the guy who wants to be added to my booking is italian so I might get my arm twisted again. 

The good thing about solo is eating at my own pace what I want and doing what I want. Of  course I cant wait to eat at chops again. Italian place ... not so much. 

As an Italian and someone who likes Italian food but is kind of tired of it because it's a staple in my house, order one of the meat entrees. My wife couldn't decide on which pasta dish she wanted so they brought her two. We shared it. It was good but not something I would pay for in a specialty restaurant which is why the menu didn't appeal to me. I forget what the other choices were but we only eat lamb chops at home every few years when we want something different so that was a treat for me. We ate lamb chops a few weeks ago only because we noticed that they were on sale in the supermarket.

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

As an Italian and someone who likes Italian food but is kind of tired of it because it's a staple in my house, order one of the meat entrees. My wife couldn't decide on which pasta dish she wanted so they brought her two. We shared it. It was good but not something I would pay for in a specialty restaurant which is why the menu didn't appeal to me. I forget what the other choices were but we only eat lamb chops at home every few years when we want something different so that was a treat for me. We ate lamb chops a few weeks ago only because we noticed that they were on sale in the supermarket.

Lol I'm hoping he feels the same way as he is born and raised in Italia as he calls it with a restaurant background and dual citizenship. 

• Like 1

We usually do the UDP.  The only time we have had a bad meal in a specialty restaurant was Liberty at Sabor.  (We live in Mexico half the year and it was not up to par).  The margaritas were way below average.  

I’ve order the aged beef twice at Chops.   An additional $20 or so.  First time, best steak I have ever had.  Second time, average and not worth the extra.  

In general though, we really like the experience and time to interact with the waiters in the specialty restaurants as the waiters in the MDR are so busy

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Karma5 said:

I grew up near real Italian restaurants..........and Jame' s is not that.................

Jamie has changed his concept many times over the years.  He mainly used farm-to-table ingredients, and then morphed into backyard cooking. But Italian? Never saw him promote it. I'm not positive but I think he just sold his brand. To be fair, I haven't followed his entire career so I may be way off base.

I grew up near real Italian restaurants..........and Jame' s is not that.................

I was in Tennessee at the Jack Daniels factory several years ago. I had several weeks earlier returned from my first trip to Italy. I was traveling with my parents in Tennessee and they had been to Italy several years prior. A woman that we were chatting with said “oooh, I have a great recommendation for an Italian restaurant.” It was Olive Garden🤦‍♀️

(Before anyone jumps on this, I actually enjoy the breadsticks and salad at Olive Garden. But I also would not recommend it as a “great Italian restaurant”)

I was in Tennessee at the Jack Daniels factory several years ago. I had several weeks earlier returned from my first trip to Italy. I was traveling with my parents in Tennessee and they had been to Italy several years prior. A woman that we were chatting with said “oooh, I have a great recommendation for an Italian restaurant.” It was Olive Garden[emoji2356]

We love the Olive garden but authentic Italian food it is not. [emoji1787] I'm Italian, grew up in a a big Italian family. We love Jaime's on Anthem as well but authentic Italian again it's not. Good food and a lot of it.