Seven Seas Society "Nights Cruised" vs. "Reward Nights"

Jimmcdaniel

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2020 at 9:08 PM, mrlevin said:

You get 1.5 nights per night for solo.

Hmmm. So, I’m booked on a 19-day cruise in Feb 2024, but I’m in a low stateroom category on a 25% single supplement. Will I have bronze or silver reward status on this cruise, and does that mean I will get priority booking for excursions?

This will be my first cruise on Regent. I appreciate your insights!

7 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Hmmm. So, I’m booked on a 19-day cruise in Feb 2024, but I’m in a low stateroom category on a 25% single supplement. Will I have bronze or silver reward status on this cruise, and does that mean I will get priority booking for excursions?

This will be my first cruise on Regent. I appreciate your insights!

See post #15 on this thread and the Ts&Cs on the relevant Regent web page

https://www.rssc.com/seven-seas-society

I think you will only attain bronze SSS status at the start of your Feb 2024 cruise.

Best book another one 😉

We become diamond grade on the 72nd night of a 73 night grand cruise (basically 4 cruises combined), will we become diamond on day 1 (start of the first cruise) or the start of the 4th cruise something like 60 nights in? The only advantage I can see that we may take advantage off is the additional telephone allowance and the leather tags (although being in the UK we may not get these).

2 hours ago, charltonkerry said:

We become diamond grade on the 72nd night of a 73 night grand cruise (basically 4 cruises combined), will we become diamond on day 1 (start of the first cruise) or the start of the 4th cruise something like 60 nights in? The only advantage I can see that we may take advantage off is the additional telephone allowance and the leather tags (although being in the UK we may not get these).

I (think) know the answer to this one. Once you step on board, you will attain your diamond status. Anyway, someone more experienced I’m sure will chime in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

I (think) know the answer to this one. Once you step on board, you will attain your diamond status. Anyway, someone more experienced I’m sure will chime in.

Correct.  Your new status will be effective when you step onboard for the voyage where you sail the required number of nights.

While it is true you get the status on day one of your cruise in your case this is 4 cruises making up a grand voyage

if you booked this as a single voyage with a single booking number you get the status day one. If you booked as multiple cruises and booking numbers you get the status on the first day of the segment that gets you silver. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charltonkerry said:

The only advantage I can see that we may take advantage off is the additional telephone allowance and the leather tags

You should have been receiving these benefits on each cruise since you progressed to Platinum SSS status.

Now you are about to move to the exalted status of Diamond you will get 5% off new bookings, a Regent Choice excursion each segment and an invite to new ship christenings (Grandeur, December 2023?)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rallydave said:

While it is true you get the status on day one of your cruise in your case this is 4 cruises making up a grand voyage

if you booked this as a single voyage with a single booking number you get the status day one. If you booked as multiple cruises and booking numbers you get the status on the first day of the segment that gets you silver. 

Understand exactly what you are saying however, we did book it as a single grand cruise do only got 1 booking number, therefore it sounds like we get the benefits from day 1, which surprised us, but is very pleasing.

20 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

You should have been receiving these benefits on each cruise since you progressed to Platinum SSS status.

Now you are about to move to the exalted status of Diamond you will get 5% off new bookings, a Regent Choice excursion each segment and an invite to new ship christenings (Grandeur, December 2023?)

I blame the effects of covid I’m suffering from and also the heat, I’ve vastly over promoted ourselves, it’s not diamond we going up to but platinum, so sorry about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My experience on Grand Voyages in the past was that we attained the higher status at the beginning of the segment of the GV at which the level was reached. And, yes, we had a single booking number for the full voyage. This occurred for me in 2018. I don't know if the rules have changed since then, but I'd be surprised if they have.

One thing to potentially keep in mind. If you booked any paid shore excursions before the cruise, you may want to see if you can cancel and rebook on board to get the Platinum discount.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, mrlevin said:

Single supplements over 50% earn double nights (IIRC).

I placed a courtesy hold on a 16 night cruise with a 25% single supplement. I’m talking to Regent directly, as my TA seems to be out sick. Regent said that I will not earn additional reward nights for my single supplement price. I pushed back and asked him to confirm that.
When I look online, I only find information saying that solo passengers paying 75% single supplement will accrue double reward nights.
Does anyone have a direct source that can point me to something in writing that says a 25% single supplement will still get me additional reward nights?

thanks either way.