Best price guarantee not available after lift and shift

karli_ratte

We lifted and shifted our cruise from Nov 2020 to Dec 2021. I just noticed a 100€ price drop and called the hotline for A/CH/D. The very nice lady there explained that yes, the best price guarantee is available for everyone, but the only exception is cruises that have been lifted and shifted. 

Has anybody else made that experience, mainly in Europe? I can't help the feeling that this is another of those regulations not valid for all RCCL customers... Nowhere on the website does it say that lift and shift excludes customers from the best price guarantee (if I overlooked that, please let me know). 

Looking forward to your comments.

2 hours ago, karli_ratte said:

We lifted and shifted our cruise from Nov 2020 to Dec 2021. I just noticed a 100€ price drop and called the hotline for A/CH/D. The very nice lady there explained that yes, the best price guarantee is available for everyone, but the only exception is cruises that have been lifted and shifted. 

Has anybody else made that experience, mainly in Europe? I can't help the feeling that this is another of those regulations not valid for all RCCL customers... Nowhere on the website does it say that lift and shift excludes customers from the best price guarantee (if I overlooked that, please let me know). 

Looking forward to your comments.

I was able to use best price guarantee for a cruise we did a L&S. The key, as with a lot RC items, is to keep ringing until you get the right person. We’re from Ireland and the cruise is priced in Euro. We saved 600euro approx and got 300euro OBC (previously I only had 100euro). 
For me it was third call that was lucky. First one said they couldn’t do it. Second said they’d need to send a query to headquarters. Third agent checked with their lead and it was no problem. 

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, karli_ratte said:

Dear all, 

thanks!! I'll keep trying! I sent an email with plenty of screenshots now 🙂 Let's see how that works out. It's only a 5-day cruise and only 100€, but still. 

If it were me I'd just try calling again.  It may take awhile for someone to look at the e-mail and it will be more difficult, even with screenshots, after the sale is over.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

The 4 cruises we lifted and shifted were all so cheap to begin with I doubt there will ever be any price drops to worry about 🙂

Same here.  We did a L&S for our B2B on Indy and moved it to next June.  The price we so low compared to what the price is now, it will never drop down below what I got it for.

I have a question and cannot find quick easy answer.  Maybe someone her knows the answer.

If I have a guaranteed rate for a suite and l&s the sailing to 2022 but that sailing does not currently offer gr rate what happens?

Will they give me a j3 or Jr suite at same price of my guaranteed rate?

I cannot do the cwc form as I am doing mocked bookings and just wandering if this can be done.

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a question and cannot find quick easy answer.  Maybe someone her knows the answer.

If I have a guaranteed rate for a suite and l&s the sailing to 2022 but that sailing does not currently offer gr rate what happens?

Will they give me a j3 or Jr suite at same price of my guaranteed rate?

I cannot do the cwc form as I am doing mocked bookings and just wandering if this can be done.

Yes that is what I have read that they do

• Like 1