Any Hope for November?

cellfree

Carnival remains confident that cruising will resume in November and are currently accepting reservations for sail dates of Nov 1 and later. At this time, the brand ambassador remains hopeful that we may be able to cruise sooner in October on last-minute short, modified sailings. They look forward to bringing the fun back to you in November.

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

I think an equally important question to ask is, 'what ports of call will be open to cruisers to disembark on their island'?

Cozumel.

Cancun.

Progreso.

Calica.

Playa del Carmen.

Costa Maya.

Just the likely ones that should be open.

>> FWIW, I have not researched. Some of those may be closed and I'm confident if so, someone will be along shortly to correct me.

3 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Cozumel.

Cancun.

Progreso.

Calica.

Playa del Carmen.

Costa Maya.

>> FWIW, I have not researched. Some of those may be closed and I'm confident if so, someone will be along shortly to correct me.

You can add the west coast of Mexico to that list as well. 

Ensenada

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta

Etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Cozumel.

Cancun.

Progreso.

Calica.

Playa del Carmen.

Costa Maya.

Thanks for taking the time to list those ports of call, xDisconnections. I'm not aware that: Cancun, Calica, or Playa del Carmen were a port of call to Carnival. So the list is actually down to 3, which is to be expected. And of course, the west coast Mexican ports. All Mexico, btw. But something is better than nothing! The absence of the traditional ports of call in the Caribbean is a little disconcerting though. But time will tell.   

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks for taking the time to list those ports of call, xDisconnections. I'm not aware that: Cancun, Calica, or Playa del Carmen were a port of call to Carnival. So the list is actually down to 3, which is to be expected. And of course, the west coast Mexican ports. All Mexico, btw. But something is better than nothing! The absence of the traditional ports of call in the Caribbean is a little disconcerting though. But time will tell.   

Carnival used to sail to Calica very frequently out of Mobile years ago and Cancun has a cruise terminal. Years ago, Galveston wasn't even a big port and ships docked in New Orleans. Galveston helped Carnival out during a time of need and it became one of their biggest clients in return. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival used to sail to Calica very frequently out of Mobile years ago and Cancun has a cruise terminal. Years ago, Galveston wasn't even a big port and ships docked in New Orleans. Galveston helped Carnival out during a time of need and it became one of their biggest clients in return. 

Interesting. Thanks for the history lesson! 

44 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Cozumel.

Cancun.

Progreso.

Calica.

Playa del Carmen.

Costa Maya.

I would think Key West. I would think the private islands. I heard Belize is opening in October.

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I would think Key West. I would think the private islands. I heard Belize is opening in October.

Private islands may be hard if it’s later in the cruise and not the first day due to getting the Covid results to the agency.

Key West is also tough as I know they aren’t fond of cruise ships. This could be an opportunity to eliminate that sector if tourism if they truly desired.

Belize could be possible though! 

Edited by xDisconnections

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

Belize is one of the worst Cruise ports.
It is rundown and the taxi drivers try sweet talking you into paying them extra.

That's a matter of opinion. You could have a good day just walking to the Belize sign/lighthouse and back, walking around the shopping area, and having some drinks at the Wet Lizard...Then go back to the ship. A lot of people like the cave tubing...or the monkey sanctuary. I like Mayan ruins. I did Lamanai last time. I have Altun Ha and Xunantunich planned for future trips.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OceanZena said:

My 11/30 sailing is for Freeport and Nassau in the Bahamas and I think they still have a 14 day quarantine for visitors in effect. I don't know if that applies to cruises. Maybe they'll change the itinerary and go somewhere else? 

Phase 3 begins October 15th. The next phase is welcoming cruise ships. It could happen before your cruise 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

Any hope for November cruises out of US ports? 

I think there’s hope. But it may not be the cruise you’re booked on or interested in. Just my speculation. 

• Like 2