Yet another drinks package question

nasus2

I’m new to roc - we have booked ovation of the seas for November 2021 ( fingers crossed).  We havnt got a drinks package so are looking to 

purchase one on cruise planner at best price possible.  Iv read that roc do occasional flash discounts but how will I know when one occurs for my sailing? Do I have to check my cruise planner every day? Or is there an easier way.

thanks in advance for you seasoned roc travellers and your advice

sue 

16 minutes ago, nasus2 said:

I’m new to roc - we have booked ovation of the seas for November 2021 ( fingers crossed).  We havnt got a drinks package so are looking to 

purchase one on cruise planner at best price possible.  Iv read that roc do occasional flash discounts but how will I know when one occurs for my sailing? Do I have to check my cruise planner every day? Or is there an easier way.

thanks in advance for you seasoned roc travellers and your advice

sue 

Check daily two or three times if you have the time you can always book it cancel and get a full refund and rebook the package should a cheaper price comes up.

• Like 1

If you want the best price, you need to be glued to your cruise planner and any other system that may notify. There was a limited flash sale for some cruises a few weeks back. Most sold out very quickly. What you need to decide is what you are willing to live with, purchase it, and watch for better sales. If you get one, great. If not, you paid what you wanted.

I have a cruise on Ovation in Sept 2021 *fingers crossed*

Are you subscribed to their news letter? I got an email a few days ago that there was a sale - our drink package went from 57 to 43...I ended up purchasing. That's the lowest I have seen it for Ovation. I would also check around Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales.

Edited by Akina13

My April TA  was at $40 per day for the drink package.  I agree that you just have to constantly check the cruise planner.  If you have joined a roll call, many times others on the sailing will alert you to a sale.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

We are booked on the 5/8/2021 Brilliance for 7 nights and I saw it go down to $46 a couple of times.  Finally I saw it go down to $46 again last week so all 6 of us in our group bought it.  The next day we got the email that our cruise was being changed to the Independence!  When I called Royal he said that the drink package would be refunded.  I told him I was upset about losing a good deal.  He said the same price would be offered for one week after we receive our new booking info about the Indy.  I sure hope that pans out.