L&S Question

deweytrader

We have a 12/13/2020 Oasis and hope to wait. No way to know for sure but I looked at the last round of cancellations and they were given a window after to move theirs. I am hoping that is the case again because we really want to shift to next year IF this year doesn't go but we are also ready to go if they do.

6 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

So what do you do if your cruise is canceled? 

If the cruise is cancelled you have the option for a 125% FCC, a refund or the ability to lift and shift.

Since your cruise isn’t until December we can’t be sure if they would extend you the lift and shift option if they cancel the cruise after Nov. 30. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the cruise is cancelled you have the option for a 125% FCC, a refund or the ability to lift and shift.

Since your cruise isn’t until December we can’t be sure if they would extend you the lift and shift option if they cancel the cruise after Nov. 30. 

thank you! My cruise is Nov 28th so I might be able to. Is lift and shift better than 125%?

1 minute ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

thank you! My cruise is Nov 28th so I might be able to. Is lift and shift better than 125%?

Go to cancel, then click lift and shift and see what options you have. You can probably choose the week before christmas for instance and see xmas decorations. Write down you favorite choices. Back out and then go and price them as if you were booking them. See how much more or less the price is. 

I lifted one to dec 12 to 19 and will enjoy the ship decorated for xmas. Mine is more, they changed my category and split it into 2 categories, so mine is more than 25% more. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Go to cancel, then click lift and shift and see what options you have. You can probably choose the week before christmas for instance and see xmas decorations. Write down you favorite choices. Back out and then go and price them as if you were booking them. See how much more or less the price is. 

I lifted one to dec 12 to 19 and will enjoy the ship decorated for xmas. Mine is more, they changed my category and split it into 2 categories, so mine is more than 25% more. 

Great idea! We need a handicapped room so we book a year out anyways. I just realllllly need a good vacation and might not make it to next December without going crazy. There is only so many camping and road trips you can take...

Just now, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Great idea! We need a handicapped room so we book a year out anyways. I just realllllly need a good vacation and might not make it to next December without going crazy. There is only so many camping and road trips you can take...

I got same cabin I had. Have your ta check just in case.

You can do the lift and shift yourself and then have someone double check the cabin. Usually takes a few days to get new invoice 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just to clarify with the November 30th extension, can I...

1. First book a cruise before the end of the month for April 2021.

2. L&S it to April 2022.

Thanks!

Yes as long as it's not some unmatchable 10 day or 11 days to Panama cruise. Pick something easy like 7 days.

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You bet.

best balcony prices seem to be on Oasis

Idk if oasis same as allure, but when I booked balcony for lifting to allure (which got changed to liberty), he said cant book d6, as allure didnt have D6, had to upgrade to D2 to be sure you could lift and switch it, so bottom balcony price went up due to having to upgrade. Have to consider ship you are moving to also. 

Wound up with good cabin end of march 2022, but not as cheap as I hoped. Anyway, if its same ship to same ship easy. 

27 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You bet.

best balcony prices seem to be on Oasis

Like @firefly333 said you have to watch balcony categories as they are switching them in 2022.  I believe you would need to book a 2D or 4D if looking at OV balconies.  Also I'm sure you know when you shift it does not have to be the Oasis, it can be one of the other ships.  Also check prices on the Liberty for April 2021  2D OR 4d you can shift from that ship to an Oasis class ship

Edited by molly361

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Like @firefly333 said you have to watch balcony categories as they are switching them in 2022.  I believe you would need to book a 2D or 4D if looking at OV balconies.  Also I'm sure you know when you shift it does not have to be the Oasis, it can be one of the other ships.  Also check prices on the Liberty for April 2021  2D OR 4d you can shift from that ship to an Oasis class ship

Yes, I've booked Oasis for the price and shifted to more expensive Symphony.