I am still going to be optimistic about my May 2021 cruise,

southernshug

therefore.....i am still making plans and having a blast doing it! Since this will be our 1st HAL cruise and only 2nd overall, I'd love to hear what everyone's favorite cocktails are aboard ship! I'm not a huge drinker but I do enjoy trying different ones when I'm on vacation..........so please share ur fans! 🍸🍷🍹

• Like 2

We are staying optimistic and positive. No point is wasting time on negatives. We have 2 cruises booked for next year and already have some excursions booked and a bunch on the Wish List. Maybe we will have to do all our excursions via the ship so we are prepared.

As to cocktails, just fyi, many favorites we have discovered while doing the Mixology classes onboard which never fail to be fun. More often than not they are a hoot! The bartenders are not skimpy on the pours so eat beforehand or you may be flying half way through.

My favorite poolside is the Caribbean Cooler. Here is what I think to be the recipe or at least very similar.

Ingredients

1 1/2 oz. Coconut Rum

1 1/2 oz. Bacardi Silver

1 1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps

2 splashes Orange Juice

1 splash Pineapple Juice

1 splash Grenadine

Shake all ingredients. Pour with ice into a tall glass.

My favorite after dinner cocktail is an Armagnac Side Car. Potent and sophisticated. Here's a good recipe.

Ingredients

1 lemon wedge

Granulated sugar

Ice

1 1/2 ounces Armagnac

1/2 ounce Cointreau or other triple sec

1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice

1/4 ounce Simple Syrup

1 lemon wheel

Moisten the outer rim of a martini glass with the lemon wedge; coat lightly with sugar. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; add all of the remaining ingredients except the lemon wheel. Shake well. Strain into the glass; garnish with the lemon wheel.

This last cruise in January I enjoyed a Delta Blues cocktail at BB King's on NA. It has Jack's Honey, Midori, pineapple juice, and Sprite. Pretty lightweight but tasty.

We both also really liked the Far East Legacy cocktail in the Tamarind Bar. Absolut Mandarin, Asian Pear Sake, St. Germaine Liqueur, Cointreau, and peach puree. Very tasty and easy sipping plus the bar is absolutely beautiful. Very relaxing space.

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

As to cocktails, just fyi, many favorites we have discovered while doing the Mixology classes onboard which never fail to be fun. More often than not they are a hoot! The bartenders are not skimpy on the pours so eat beforehand or you may be flying half way through.

I second that!

• Like 1

I had a dream cruise for last May cancelled - huge disappointment. I've been reading a lot and reading between the lines and decided to go ahead and book the same cruise for *next* May. I'm not going to be dreaming about it until February when the full payment is due and when I have a better idea of what is going to happen to cruising next summer.

Not a drinker except for a little wine in the evening before dinner, I did thoroughly enjoy Chef Rudis signature wines last cruise.  As a matter of fact I bought out the cellar, having them set aside every bottle for me and my guests!  Since I did get a drink package with my summer cruise I plan to try all of the coffees.  

• Like 1