OBC and internet package - Gold benefits?

cruiseboy89130

Hi,

I'm totally new to MSC and only used to RCL cruises......so I have a few questions.....

I have some on board credit - is there a way to use that to pre-pay an internet package - or will I have to wait and pay the higher pricing on the ship to use my OBC?

Is it possible to only buy the package on day 2 or 3 of the cruise? Is that a bit cheaper?

How much is a day of internet on the ship?

I will be on Grandiosa in about 4 weeks in November 2020 if that matters.....

I was matched to gold but could not really find any benefits other than the 5% discount..... anything else I should expect or look for?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

OBC can only be used to offset charges at the end of your cruise, you'd need to purchase the package onboard to benefit. The packages aren't pro rata'd per day, it's an allowance of data not a daily rate.

If you go into your booking it will show you the exact price of the package for your cruise, it varies or did, between regions and duration of cruise.

The MSC website VC section has a full list of benefits for all levels.

Hi,

thank you for your help!

The internet packages that I see are all for the week and all have  unlimited data.....no other "data" packages available....

The cheapes one - I was looking at was € 55,48 for the week with unlimited data for 1 device.

But since I want to use OBC I guess I will have to wait....too bad it can only be used when on the ship!

Which countries website has the VC benefits.....the one I'm using only lists the levels but not any of the benefits!

Than you for the help!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

But since I want to use OBC I guess I will have to wait....too bad it can only be used when on the ship!

OBC is exactly what it is: ON board credit, not before On Board Credit :)

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Which countries website has the VC benefits.....the one I'm using only lists the levels but not any of the benefits!

try this link for more info on MSC VC benefits

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/smart-ship-app/MSC-Voyagers-Club-Benefits.html

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cvg42 said:

OBC is exactly what it is: ON board credit, not before On Board Credit :)

Seems like it - guess I'm spoiled by Royals service to use it any time before.....

Does anybody know how the internet packages are priced on board?

Edited by cruiseboy89130

Hi,
I'm totally new to MSC and only used to RCL cruises......so I have a few questions.....

I have some on board credit - is there a way to use that to pre-pay an internet package - or will I have to wait and pay the higher pricing on the ship to use my OBC?
Is it possible to only buy the package on day 2 or 3 of the cruise? Is that a bit cheaper?
How much is a day of internet on the ship?
I will be on Grandiosa in about 4 weeks in November 2020 if that matters.....

I was matched to gold but could not really find any benefits other than the 5% discount..... anything else I should expect or look for?

Thank you for your help!
ask your travel agent to convert the onboard credit into a discount.
So you have real cash to spend before your Cruise

It is not from my travel agent but from MSC.....!

Buy some duty free alcohol on the last night when they have the big sales.

I bought both the Italian specials--Aperol Spritz and Limoncello for 10 euros a bottle of 750ml

The Limoncello is not the best quality, but for 10 euros who is going to complain?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

Buy some duty free alcohol on the last night when they have the big sales.
I bought both the Italian specials--Aperol Spritz and Limoncello for 10 euros a bottle of 750ml

Thank you for the suggestion but I will try to use it for the internet packages...

Thank you for the suggestion but I will try to use it for the internet packages...

You get unlimited free and fast internet at all the coffee shops/bars/McDonalds in all the ports

Just ask any of the crew where they themselves go for free Wi-Fi

1 hour ago, drsel said:

You get unlimited free and fast internet at all the coffee shops/bars/McDonalds in all the ports

Just ask any of the crew where they themselves go for free Wi-Fi

No roaming around ports right now for crew or passengers....... especially into bars or coffee shops

No talking to strangers also!

I'm still looking for input on the internet packages

Thanks!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

MSC Voyagers Club T&C are attached to the bottom of this post.  Source:

https://www.msccruises.de/buchung-verwalten/msc-voyagers-club

MSC has changed to unlimited data internet plans and the set data amount plans seem to be gone.  The only differences are how many devices and streaming or standard speed.  So buying a package later in the cruise is actually detrimental.  The plans are usually more expensive on the ship, that is a problem with OBC on any line.

VC.pdf VC2.pdf

• Thanks 1

For my planned caribbean cruise if I want to add it before cruise with 20% savings they charge me:

Stream 2 devices: 123,55€

For my planned mediterranean cruise it will be:

Stream 2 devices: 89,46€

If you add 20% you will know more or less the cost of the package if bought on board I guess.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cvg42 said:

For my planned caribbean cruise if I want to add it before cruise with 20% savings they charge me:

Stream 2 devices: 123,55€

For my planned mediterranean cruise it will be:

Stream 2 devices: 89,46€

If you add 20% you will know more or less the cost of the package if bought on board I guess.

Thanks!

Still wondering how much it will be on day 2....

From a large US-based internet TA site for a 7 day Caribbean cruise out of Miami on Meraviglia.  I can't personally vouch for it's accuracy, but perhaps it will be helpful for the OP.

MSC Meraviglia Wireless Internet

Package Type Description Cost
Unlimited Internet Package Connects to 1 device. Receive full web browsing, access to the most popular social networks and chat APPs, and check email with unlimited MB throughout your cruise. $159.90 per cruise for UNLIMITED GB*
Premium Internet Package Perfect for heavy users or families, this package lets you connect up to 4 devices and permits full web browsing, access to most popular social networks and chat apps as well as email checks. $147.00 per cruise for 6 GB*
Standard Internet Package Ideal for limited internet usage, the “Standard Internet” package lets you connect up to 2 devices and access all social networks and chat apps, check email and browse the web. $93.00 per cruise for 3 GB*
Chat & Social Apps Ideal for teens and all who want to keep in touch with family and friends through social APPs like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and more. Chat and post photos of your vacation to let everybody know about the fun you are having. Lets you connect 1 device. $49.90 per cruise for 1.5 GB*
24 Hour Package Connects 1 device. This package is valid for one 24 hour period onboard. $44.90 for UNLIMITED GB*
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

From a large US-based internet TA site for a 7 day Caribbean cruise out of Miami on Meraviglia.  I can't personally vouch for it's accuracy, but perhaps it will be helpful for the OP.

MSC Meraviglia Wireless Internet

Package Type Description Cost
Unlimited Internet Package Connects to 1 device. Receive full web browsing, access to the most popular social networks and chat APPs, and check email with unlimited MB throughout your cruise. $159.90 per cruise for UNLIMITED GB*
Premium Internet Package Perfect for heavy users or families, this package lets you connect up to 4 devices and permits full web browsing, access to most popular social networks and chat apps as well as email checks. $147.00 per cruise for 6 GB*
Standard Internet Package Ideal for limited internet usage, the “Standard Internet” package lets you connect up to 2 devices and access all social networks and chat apps, check email and browse the web. $93.00 per cruise for 3 GB*
Chat & Social Apps Ideal for teens and all who want to keep in touch with family and friends through social APPs like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and more. Chat and post photos of your vacation to let everybody know about the fun you are having. Lets you connect 1 device. $49.90 per cruise for 1.5 GB*
24 Hour Package Connects 1 device. This package is valid for one 24 hour period onboard. $44.90 for UNLIMITED GB*

This package set up is definitely outdated....

They now only have 2 versions of unlimited internet with a different number of devices.

6 minutes ago, drsel said:
8 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:
This package set up is definitely outdated....
They now only have 2 versions of unlimited internet with a different number of devices.

You seem to know more than all of us

I know - it amazes me!

I need to report back when I get the full picture!

Edited by cruiseboy89130