Air fares $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to europe

Hawaiidan

Ok......sit down.   If you drink  pour yourself a double 

For those looking to fly from the US to Europe  next spring  summer or fall you may get a nasty surprise.     What was this year for Sept/ October at $3200 to 3800 rt is  for  2021    showing $5900  to$ 8400  rt     Business       Coach 2400 to 3000.....   Checked every month and it only went down Jan-March   April first  it doubles   those    FF miles  jumped from 60-70K each way  to  155-240 K  each way     So hang on amigos

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Ah the joy of just not purchasing. What a riot, thanks so much Hawadiian for posting!

Gosh, are consumers really that gulliable?  A few no doubt.

Ah, looking at my lush bank account and knowing that no air line or cruise line is getting any of it.

Just opened the door and viewed that darn fine new Porsche in the garage. Love it.

Consumers do your thing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

I just booked Biz class airfare to Copenhagen with UA miles for next Aug. 26. for 66K miles each way per person. It depends on the airline yo sure looking at.

I just looked at UA also, SFO/CDG and it was 60k/66k miles for business saver award. And that 155k for non-saver has been at that level for quite some time IIRD. Thanks for prompting me 🙂

ETA: Went back and checked $$$ and it was $3114RT.

Edited by clo

32 minutes ago, ABoatNerd said:

Ah the joy of just not purchasing. What a riot, thanks so much Hawadiian for posting!

Gosh, are consumers really that gulliable?  A few no doubt.

Ah, looking at my lush bank account and knowing that no air line or cruise line is getting any of it.

Just opened the door and viewed that darn fine new Porsche in the garage. Love it.

Consumers do your thing!

As you can see from susiesan and my post, those aren't representative of United anyway.

52 minutes ago, ABoatNerd said:

Consumers do your thing!

I’ll take a long Oceania cruise to the exotic places over fine new Porsche any day. We’re all different. The lucky ones don’t have to choose.

• Like 6

Ok....maybe UA reads this and maybe its just luck....... Who knows?      Well for the heck of it I went back to good ol'e UA this evening.........and WHOA..... they changed everything   Now showing  september 2021 to October  PSP or LAX to AMS and Zurich LAx.... in business went from 6000 this morning  to $2500 this evening........ looks like they are getting ready to attract business.... 

Air Canada was showing about the same 3 days ago....  Maybe they just got revenue depts coordinated....    To tell you the truth  I was ( you know what) bricks............

And yes, I would take a cruise over a Porsche .......  Had one( Caymen GT) and came to the realization that a cruise would be stimulating to me at 20 kts  However Porsche could kill me very easily  doing 150+... 

I'll take the Cruise...... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

So glad we purchased the 199 premium economy for our flights when we booked our July/August Baltic last December while aboard.

Do you not read the posts that debunk this?

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Ok....maybe UA reads this and maybe its just luck....... Who knows?      Well for the heck of it I went back to good ol'e UA this evening.........and WHOA..... they changed everything   Now showing  september 2021 to October  PSP or LAX to AMS and Zurich LAx.... in business went from 6000 this morning  to $2500 this evening........ looks like they are getting ready to attract business.... 

Air Canada was showing about the same 3 days ago....  Maybe they just got revenue depts coordinated....    To tell you the truth  I was ( you know what) bricks............

And yes, I would take a cruise over a Porsche .......  Had one( Caymen GT) and came to the realization that a cruise would be stimulating to me at 20 kts  However Porsche could kill me very easily  doing 150+... 

I'll take the Cruise...... 

I think perhaps that you didn't realize that you were looking at full fare versus the saver prices. They've been at these prices for at least a year I'm guessing.

11 hours ago, clo said:

Do you not read the posts that debunk this?

Our premium economy flights are part of our purchase from Oceania,  so I do not understand your comment as Oceania is contracted to provide.

UA does not have saver rates for business class purchase  $$$$   In order to get non stops and the fewest connections and times  I was forced to purchase    miles wold not work  Plus when my cruise got cancelled  I has to deal with a voucher for air so purchase was my only option unless I wanted to throw $$$$$$$$$ away by using miles

Edited by Hawaiidan