Havana Balcony vs Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Horizon

CarnivalNico

2 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

There’s no such thing as a “T pool.” If you have seen a thalassotherapy pool referred to as a “T pool” somewhere it’s probably because the person calling it that didn’t know how to spell “thalassotherapy.” But by all means, try googling “T pool” if you don’t believe me. Then google “thalassotherapy pool.”  You will see what I mean. 

If you have cruised often on Carnival, you would know passengers often call it the “T Pool”, most likely because they can’t remember the name thalassotherapy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, crewsweeper said:

we're going with a Cloud 9 Cove on the Mardi Gras.  Not so much for the spa amenities, but more because the Havana deck on the Mardi Gras looks more like an afterthought. DW will purchase a spa pass anyway and I've wanted to do a cove for a long time. 

Hoping Carnival returns to both the Dream Class type spa and the Vista type Havana on the Celebration but I'm skeptical.

The Mardi Gras does have a Thalasso pool, it’s deck 5 forward of the spa coves. I think they may have put it lower since the ones on Dream class ships get really rocky when seas are barely rough and they’d have to keep closing it. I hope it’s as nice, I really liked the view on Dream class.

On 10/13/2020 at 1:34 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you have cruised often on Carnival, you would know passengers often call it the “T Pool”, most likely because they can’t remember the name thalassotherapy. 

Yep long time on ccl though only 179 loyalty pts. I've heard it called a T pool. Admit my spelling is atrocious but doesnt mean I dont know what it is. Amazing someone thinks he is so smart has to lecture me on how I referred to it. Usually people like that know less, not more. 

I've seen others refer to it as that many years ago, when dream class was new. Took some time off. Didnt know now I have to spell it out hahaha hahaha. 

Good reason why I have 6 rcl booked now and 1 ccl. Ccl just cutting corners and too many know it all newbies. I was on a ship where hundreds of newbies marched around in protest. We missed 2 ports. I tried to tell them they were wasting their time, you knew they were newbies, proudly wearing their blue and red cards. I'm just kind of out growing ccl tbh, though I love guys burgers and the bbq place.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:34 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Can vouch -- that's the common nickname I have always heard when referencing this pool on Carnival.

37 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

The Mardi Gras does have a Thalasso pool, it’s deck 5 forward of the spa coves. I think they may have put it lower since the ones on Dream class ships get really rocky when seas are barely rough and they’d have to keep closing it. I hope it’s as nice, I really liked the view on Dream class.

They moved the spas lower on the newer Princess ships as well.

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yep long time on ccl though only 179 loyalty pts. I've heard it called a T pool. Admit my spelling is atrocious but doesnt mean I dont know what it is. Amazing someone thinks he is so smart has to lecture me on how I referred to it. Usually people like that know less, not more. 

I've seen others refer to it as that many years ago, when dream class was new. Took some time off. Didnt know now I have to spell it out hahaha hahaha. 

Good reason why I have 6 rcl booked now and 1 ccl. Ccl just cutting corners and too many know it all newbies. I was on a ship where hundreds of newbies marched around in protest. We missed 2 ports. I tried to tell them they were wasting their time, you knew they were newbies, proudly wearing their blue and red cards. I'm just kind of out growing ccl tbh, though I love guys burgers and the bbq place.

You sound a lot like us. My wife and I were loyal to Carnival for years and had nothing but good experiences. However, the demographics and experience has definitely changed over the last several years on Carnival. It got to the point that both of us preferred the experience on RCI. We had 5 RCI cruises cancelled this year and right now we have 6 cruises booked next year, 4 on RCI and 2 on Celebrity. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You sound a lot like us. My wife and I were loyal to Carnival for years and had nothing but good experiences. However, the demographics and experience has definitely changed over the last several years on Carnival. It got to the point that both of us preferred the experience on RCI. We had 5 RCI cruises cancelled this year and right now we have 6 cruises booked next year, 4 on RCI and 2 on Celebrity. 

I was a music major. First they got rid of the orchestra on carnival then they decided singers had to double as dancers. I've heard some singers off key and I don't have perfect pitch, but it was that off. Now the canned music and it's a light show. Just not the same entertainment for me. I am ok eating almost anything, but the shows, game shows when there used to be a real show? No thanks. I was kinda bored my last carnival. It just seems like the things I liked are gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was a music major. First they got rid of the orchestra on carnival then they decided singers had to double as dancers. I've heard some singers off key and I don't have perfect pitch, but it was that off. Now the canned music and it's a light show. Just not the same entertainment for me. I am ok eating almost anything, but the shows, game shows when there used to be a real show? No thanks. I was kinda bored my last carnival. It just seems like the things I liked are gone. 

I really think you would like Princess.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:29 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Personally I would pick the Spa Balcony, since my wife and I spend a lot of time using the thermal suite on ships that have one, although the lack of a thalassotherapy pool on Vista class ships is a big negative in my book. However, as a previous poster mentioned, if all your friends are booking a Havana cabin, I would too. 

We like cruising the Dream class for just this reason. We book a spa room because we spend a lot of time in the thalassptheropy pool.  On other class ships, we get a standard balcony. 

On 10/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, Cruising_Addict said:

There’s no such thing as a “T pool.” If you have seen a thalassotherapy pool referred to as a “T pool” somewhere it’s probably because the person calling it that didn’t know how to spell “thalassotherapy.” But by all means, try googling “T pool” if you don’t believe me. Then google “thalassotherapy pool.”  You will see what I mean. 

...or pronounce it.  I've heard some very amusing attempts. 🙂

On 10/18/2020 at 11:29 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

...or pronounce it.  I've heard some very amusing attempts. 🙂

I just got braces in September and wouldn't even attempt to pronounce it now any way other than T pool LOL

• Haha 1

I've never been in a Spa cabin, but...hubby and I loved the Havana area on Vista so much so that we booked it on the Horizon for a B2B. We won't sail on one of the major ships not in the Havana or some area like it. It was our haven, respite from the screaming running children and too many people. We only adventured out for food and shows/games. 

As others have suggested, you can buy the spa pass and book a Havana. We personally just book insides because the Havana deck is almost NEVER crowded. The pool never had more than 10 people in it, though more could fit. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 12:46 PM, CarnivalNico said:

Hi friends.

Booking my swhereailing for after COVID with Fam and Friends.  Will be Oct 2021 on the Carnival Horizon.

I myself have been on the Horizon before and loved it, so I'm ok going on the boat again with this group trip but I'm wondering if anyone has preferences between the Havana and the Cloud 9 spa rooms.    

On my last sailing on the Horizon I had the Cloud 9 Spa Balcony room, which was my absolute favorite room on any cruise I've been on.  I loved having access to the spas.   That being said, the group I am going to be sailing with is booking the Havana Balcony rooms... I'm wondering if I should forgo the Spa room and pick a Havana room instead to be with them.   I know it might just be a personal preference for everyone, but I'm wondering if anyone had any input on which rooms are better between the Havana Rooms are better than the Spa rooms.   I've never stayed in a Havana room so I'm wondering if there are any perks there that would make it worth the risk of the luxury of a Spa room on this trip.   Anyone have an pros/cons or thoughts?  Would love to hear from someone who's done both so they could compare the two.

Thanks! ❤️

We are booked on Horizon deck 11 Cloud 9 Spa balcony cabin. We have never been on Horizon. Never had a Cloud 9 Spa room. BUT if there are Havana cabins available, we are trying to decide if we should switch. 

We don't have any companions cruising with us, so that isn't a consideration. The location of the current cabin suits our tastes. We like to use the Serenity area, and we use the water slides frequently. On sea days, we usually hang out in Serenity outside and use the water slides then go grab food somewhere. We like to get coffee to bring back first thing in the morning before breakfast to drink on the balcony. So, we like to be near coffee. On the Magic January 2020, the coffee in the Lido was terrible. 

What makes Spa cabins better? 

I love to think about and plan cruises. 

Renee