Anchorage Lunch

andimark

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be a long day... I'm assuming you'll get dumped in downtown Anchorage for lunch. F Street Station would be my choice if you can get a seat. They have incredibly limited seating and it's first come, first serve. My 2nd choice would be... I guess Glacier Brewhouse? Or Snow City Cafe? Simon & Seaforts is good, depending how much time you have.

Oh, Club Paris! That would be my 2nd choice for sure. Their burgers are great. Or if you want to go cheap, there's a food court in the 5th Ave Mall.

Most of the cruise tour buses let passengers off at the Egan Convention Center or the Dena’ina Convention Center. They are both downtown which is really pretty small and a couple blocks from each Other. It’s quite early yet but Princess usually gives the location to Visit Anchorage so they can let folks know.

Glacier Brewhouse

Humpy’s

49th State Brewing

Edited by Glaciers

Glacier Brewhouse, 49th State Brewing, and Snow City Cafe being my choices with Snow City Cafe probably be my first choice for lunch.  As a breakfast/lunch type restaurant, it might be a better choice for lunch.  And, the good people of Anchorage love it!

I also think that they will be dropped off at either the Dena'ina Center or the Eagan Convention Center.  But I wonder if the OP has skimmed the trip reports organized by year located at the top of the Alaska CC forum page.  My memory, which certainly could be faulty, is that the location has been mentioned in those reports.

Club Paris (across from JC Penney at the downtown mall) on 5th Ave is so damned cool and their food is great. I've described it this way several time: Tony Soprano would have ate there regularly. I eat there every trip to Alaska - more than once if possible.

20190826_133632.jpg

20190826_133844.jpg

20190826_134424.jpg

20190826_134514.jpg

20190826_134811.jpg

20190826_140723.jpg

Edited by SuperCrewBear
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, SuperCrewBear said:

Club Paris (across from JC Penney at the downtown mall) on 5th Ave is so damned cool and their food is great. I've described it this way several time: Tony Soprano would have ate there regularly. I eat there every trip to Alaska - more than once if possible.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I was unaware of them and I have been to Anchorage a few times.  I looked at their menus and was impressed.  On their lunch Menu, the Alaskan Cordon Blu caught my eye as a different way to prepare fish.  It's on my list for the next trip.

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for the suggestion!  I was unaware of them and I have been to Anchorage a few times.  I looked at their menus and was impressed.  On their lunch Menu, the Alaskan Cordon Blu caught my eye as a different way to prepare fish.  It's on my list for the next trip.

Lunch is casual (the door will be propped open in warm weather) but you'll almost definitely need reservations for dinner - it's more "business casual" at night.  They only take same day reservations so I usually call EARLY. Their steaks are excellent and I like the Cajun Mushrooms. Honestly, everything I've tried had been very good.

• Like 1