NCL Joy in the Philippines

Chris_2448

27 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Something off topic but also related to NCL ship movements...

Norwegian Gem just departed from Curacao and is heading back to Miami. I believe she will go to drydock soon. The planned drydock schedule for her would be Nov 9th-20th in Boston.

Good info. I wish I could rename this theead as Ship Movements. 

Thats close to home here. I wonder if this is just required maint or improvements?

Interesting that in the mix of posts on that page each day has at least 1 ambulance transfer from ship to hospital.  Are they testing procedures there, or are they having a few folks that need more care?  Anyway, I am glad that things are working over there, they are staffing up, and it looks like the local hospitals and transports are in sync with the cruise lines and helping rather then running scared like every country did this spring.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Interesting that in the mix of posts on that page each day has at least 1 ambulance transfer from ship to hospital.  Are they testing procedures there, or are they having a few folks that need more care?  Anyway, I am glad that things are working over there, they are staffing up, and it looks like the local hospitals and transports are in sync with the cruise lines and helping rather then running scared like every country did this spring.  

Not sure, my guess is a no-risk operation. I noticed it too but who knows how many crew are on board at the moment, perhaps their own medical center is closed or low on staff or social distanced beds. Could be normal numbers you normally don't notice.. hopefully. Another post was a transfer for the captain's eyes/vision check up. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

The Joy is presently far out to sea and about 300 miles from Manila.  The typhoon just passed through the PI giving Manila a glancing blow.  However, where it did track it left massive flooding and destruction.  The Joy has been hanging out in and around Manila since about June, I believe.  And unfortunately, the PI is again experiencing a rapid increase of Covid cases, not unlike most of the rest of us.