Cunard return to sailing October 2020 Guidelines

akmday10

No dancing unless it's with one's traveling partner so no Gentleman Hosts.  If dancing is offered at all it will probably be all prerecorded music due to reduced ship capacity and resulting reduced revenue.   As for dining Cunard has already explicitly stated that "under no circumstances" would passengers be allowed to dine together unless they were traveling together.

Some here have argued "What you don't use, you lose" which suggests that the Cunard brand will go away if we won't book because of the covid protocols.   But each of us has to decide if we want to spend our time and money sailing under these conditions.  I've already stated my decisions and why.

It just seems Cunard restart is pretty far away to know what conditions will require.  Cunard has to set the bar to restart  pretty high, assuming current conditions.  But who knows how things will actually be the 2nd and 3rd qtrs of next year.  I'd be shocked if the precautions do not change between then and now.

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The Cunard dining system is a perfect match for contact tracing.

Aka closing the barn door after the horse has escaped.

By not seating diners with other parties they might do a better job of avoiding transmission altogether (except for the eating inside thing - I'm still not eating at restaurants that only have inside service).