Cunard return to sailing October 2020 Guidelines

akmday10

2 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

There just isn't enough seating capacity for the vast majority of dinning tables to be  two people only with any distancing 

That's exactly what I was thinking too.  They would have to sail at reduced capacity in order to make that a reality.

20 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

There just isn't enough seating capacity for the vast majority of dinning tables to be  two people only with any distancing 

this might not be true if the number of passengers is “greatly reduced” as was sent to me via email this past week. 

29 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

That implies a higher degree of "management  anticipation / intelligence " than we are used too

Did you read my earlier post ??

As we return to sailing, please be aware that your voyage will have a significantly reduced number of guests joining you on board.

A definite no-go for me, unfortunately. That it not something I'd be prepared to pay for, it's not a holiday. Until there is a vaccine and these restrictions are lifted I will rather stay at home. Four months until our final payment is due, still keeping my fingers crossed. But a postponement seems more and more likely.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

The lifts will remain open then will they? Wit people touching buttons? Interesting. And it is unlikely anyone will sail in October 2020 so the guideline is probably moot.

October 2020 refers to the publication date ....

Just now, Host Hattie said:

October 2020 refers to the publication date ....

Fair enough but why publish if they are not sailing?  . The guidelines are not up to date  and therefore meaningless. More realistic guidelines will likely read proof of vaccination required for boarding. So called health passport phone app thing to be shown upon time of boarding to confirm vaccination or paper copy if you are like me and have no i phone. No vaccination no boarding, no exemptions. That will likely be the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Fair enough but why publish if they are not sailing?  . The guidelines are not up to date  and therefore meaningless. More realistic guidelines will likely read proof of vaccination required for boarding. So called health passport phone app thing to be shown upon time of boarding to confirm vaccination or paper copy if you are like me and have no i phone. No vaccination no boarding, no exemptions. That will likely be the case.

Who knows? This is nothing more than speculation with no particular basis.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Because they are selling sailings which may go ahead under these conditions. Just as some other lines already are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlmm said:

Whow, some more clever advice for people who for what ever reason are forced or choose to travel solo?

Fortunately the vast majority of people I have met on Cunard are friendly and social.

You might have to sit by yourself. Lets hope that changes. 

Much as I love Cunard and cruising  this is not for DH or myself.  One of the joys of Cunard for us is sharing a table in the mdr.  Over the years we've met some lovely people, most with interesting stories and anecdotes to share.  Nor do we want no say in any shore excursions.  Some times the best day has simply been wandering around perhaps talking with locals,etc.

Our balance is not due until June , let's hope things have changed for the better by then.

• Like 2

The protocols contain everything that I wasn't willing to accept: masks, social distancing, reduced capacity at entertainment venues and worst of all having to dine alone.  It's explicitly spelled out that only those in a traveling party can dine together and no exceptions are outlined for solos.  I'll be back only when the "old normal" returns.

4 hours ago, oskidunker said:

You would rather take chance and dine with people you do not know? Seems like a reasonable rule. Get another couple to travel with you and then you can eat at their table. 

No, it is not an unreasonable rule, but it is one, that now as a solo traveler, would render the experience valueless to me. 

Since my first cruise with family in the early 1980s, multiple European river cruises, and transatlantic crossing on the QM II, the most pleasurable experiences have been in meeting and getting to know people with whom I dined -- from concert pianist to long-haul bus driver from Glascow,
to owners of one of two stop light manufacturing companies in the USA, to a very, very senior person at the CIA.  The prospect of being confined to a solo cabin and then dining solo, well, I may as well stay home.  Cunard will offer me nothing of particular until things return to normal, otherwise, my cruise days are likely over.