Splendor in January 2021

marienbad

7 minutes ago, marienbad said:

Noticed that all the cabins in the January 2021 are waitlisted.Previously there had been cabins available for sale.We are on the January 14th cruise. Wonder if this change to waitlist means anything—good or bad.

It's not sailing, so is that Good or Bad?

It may be the "Pollyanna" in me, but it could be that the ship has reached capacity with a reduced number of cabins. Or as the "black fairy" would say, there's a good possibility that it'll be canceled. Since Regent isn't doing too well with being forthcoming, there's no telling what waitlisted actually means. I'm seeing lots of waitlisted cruises for the 2021 season, so the optimist in me, likes to think they're at capacity now.

4 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

It may be the "Pollyanna" in me, but it could be that the ship has reached capacity with a reduced number of cabins. Or as the "black fairy" would say, there's a good possibility that it'll be canceled. Since Regent isn't doing too well with being forthcoming, there's no telling what waitlisted actually means. I'm seeing lots of waitlisted cruises for the 2021 season, so the optimist in me, likes to think they're at capacity now.

It is possible that our cruise was near capacity since there was little availability before the change. But the other two cruises in January had considerable availability.

would like to know definitely since final payment is due in early November.

I posted a similar thread a couple of days ago regarding my Miami to Miami Navigator cruise April 2.  

All waitlisted all of a sudden (and it had only 2 or 3 categories on Wait List prior). I’m hoping its just to reduce capacity as many others said, but since its a long cruise, 25 days through Caribbean and then Amazon River, its hard to say.  We also have to pay early November and my husband and I don’t want to pay unless we have a clear idea if the cruise will sail, and I can’t imagine we will since no cruises look to be sailing from US ports in November

2 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I posted a similar thread a couple of days ago regarding my Miami to Miami Navigator cruise April 2.  

All waitlisted all of a sudden (and it had only 2 or 3 categories on Wait List prior). I’m hoping its just to reduce capacity as many others said, but since its a long cruise, 25 days through Caribbean and then Amazon River, its hard to say.  We also have to pay early November and my husband and I don’t want to pay unless we have a clear idea if the cruise will sail, and I can’t imagine we will since no cruises look to be sailing from US ports in November

That is a wonderful cruise, so if it does cancel, I recommend you book it again for another time! Sailed that itinerary on Navigator in November 2018, and it is my favorite cruise.

1 hour ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

That is a wonderful cruise, so if it does cancel, I recommend you book it again for another time! Sailed that itinerary on Navigator in November 2018, and it is my favorite cruise.

We intend to book it another time if it cancels! We picked it because it seemed to have a great combination of beach/fun in the sun (Caribbean) and adventure (Amazon). Plus this is the first year my husband is retired and we could book such a lengthy itinerary. We had intended to travel all year (best laid plans....).  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

We also are booked on the Jan. 14th cruise.  When I spoke to a TA yesterday, they thought there was a good chance it would sail.   Waitlist = reduced capacity, at least on that cruise.

We are on the Jan. 14 Miami to Miami cruise, if that clarifies.

Any semblance of a plan has been thrown totally out the window; only December cruises are waitlisted.  None of Voyager, Navigator, Explorer, or Splendour January cruises are now waitlisted.

One step forward and two steps back; time to have a glass or bottle of wine.

Marc

PS Wine club tonight! 😄

• Haha 1

Although very strangely, the May 16 Navigator cruise is still only open in the top 4 categories, as it was when they had everything waitlisted.  Those top 4 categories had 33 open suites a month ago, and 30 now.  All the other categories together had 88 open suites a month ago, and none now.  Maybe they just forgot to re-open this one?  Or maybe they plan it to be the restart cruise for Navigator and are controlling capacity?  Or maybe they are just trying to keep us confused.