91 day cancellation policy shortened for full refund?

ginger123snaps

We have a 7 night cruise booked on Mardi Gras for March 2021.  Final payment for this cruise would be December 14th according to pre-covid contract.  I have to cancel prior to this date to get the full refund.  Does anyone know if the number of days to get a full refund has shortened from 90 prior to sale date?

28 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

We have a 7 night cruise booked on Mardi Gras for March 2021.  Final payment for this cruise would be December 14th according to pre-covid contract.  I have to cancel prior to this date to get the full refund.  Does anyone know if the number of days to get a full refund has shortened from 90 prior to sale date?

Hopefully you didnt book early saver rate as the deposit is non refundable. 

I'd add on at least 3 extra days if the rate you booked has a refundable deposit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

Our final date is soon approaching. If we pay and we do not sail do we get a full refund? Not early saver.

Thanks.

If Carnival cancels your cruise then yes.  Generally, a FCC or a FULL refund has been offered for cruises that have been cancelled by them.  Depending of what "fare" you booked under would determine your refund, if you cancelled before or after your final payment.

• Thanks 1

On the Carnival site it shows our Mardi Gras final payment as Dec 6 (for a March 6th sailing).

I'm really on the fence about this. Slightly better than even odds that I'll cancel as it stands now. I should probably take the money and invest in CCL stock instead, LOL.

Tom

On 10/24/2020 at 11:46 AM, kicia said:

Carnival shortened the time for online check in to 45 days prior to sailing.  The final payment date has not changed.

Actually it has now been shortened to 14 days prior to sailing.

15 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I had a sailing that was for Sept 6th 2020, I called right before final payment and they extended my final payment to 30 days prior. I would recommend that 

This is good to know.  Hopefully they will allow that if covid is still a problem when my final payment is due 12/21/20 for my March cruise.

17 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I had a sailing that was for Sept 6th 2020, I called right before final payment and they extended my final payment to 30 days prior. I would recommend that 

did you book directly thru Carnival?

We didn't book through Carnival.  I always book the refundable rate so I am good there.  Would really like to sail on our Mardi Gras cruise March 14th.  Final payment is mid December for us.  As it stands I would not feel comfortable going.  I would love to be able to make that decision 30 days prior to sale date without penalty.

4 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

did you book directly thru Carnival?

We didn't book through Carnival.  I always book the refundable rate so I am good there.  Would really like to sail on our Mardi Gras cruise March 14th.  Final payment is mid December for us.  As it stands I would not feel comfortable going.  I would love to be able to make that decision 30 days prior to sale date without penalty.

Yes We boked directly through Carnival