Chior of Man on the Escape

cruisekitty22

40 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Looks like this show is NOT going to be on the Escape according to the NCL website. Anyone know if this is true?  I am still trying to see this show!!  I know its on the Encore. 

I don't think a bunch of guys sitting around a bar drinking and singing..... and having people from the audience coming up for drinks is "covid friendly".  Don't expect to see this on any ship before covid is "a thing of the past".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Looks like this show is NOT going to be on the Escape according to the NCL website. Anyone know if this is true?  I am still trying to see this show!!  I know its on the Encore. 

The NCL website only lists one show for the Escape. It could be the second show going forward. It may not. It was the most popular show in the fleet which is why it was promoted from the Supper Club to the main theater on the Escape and most recently installed on the Encore. 

wrt to being "COIVD friendly", the show has no higher "risk" than any other stage production. 

5 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

It’s still on my cruise planner for Dec 5.    Was there an announcement/post?

Edited by cruiser123!

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The NCL website only lists one show for the Escape. It could be the second show going forward. It may not. It was the most popular show in the fleet which is why it was promoted from the Supper Club to the main theater on the Escape and most recently installed on the Encore. 

wrt to being "COIVD friendly", the show has no higher "risk" than any other stage production. 

Dancing (sweat and physical contact), singing (particle emissions)...and several people (no room to social distance) on the stage at once.  Let's not forget the crowded backstage area.  Not gonna happen....except for comedians and jugglers.

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Dancing (sweat and physical contact), singing (particle emissions)...and several people (no room to social distance) on the stage at once.  Let's not forget the crowded backstage area.  Not gonna happen....except for comedians and jugglers.

Well, shows themselves can absolutely happen.  The actors/entertainers are already quarantined together, they work together, so they are OK to be close together at that point.  Just need to keep the audience far away.  Go search youtube if you like, there are plenty of videos showing MSC doing it well in the Med right now, they have shows, just have to have the crowds far enough away to be safe.  Now, crowd interaction or coming on stage as a viewer, that would be a hard no if I was to guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Well, shows themselves can absolutely happen.  The actors/entertainers are already quarantined together, they work together, so they are OK to be close together at that point.  Just need to keep the audience far away.  Go search youtube if you like, there are plenty of videos showing MSC doing it well in the Med right now, they have shows, just have to have the crowds far enough away to be safe.  Now, crowd interaction or coming on stage as a viewer, that would be a hard no if I was to guess.

And they also have an upsurge in Europe.  

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

And they also have an upsurge in Europe.  

Which has nothing to do with MSC cruises, as you can see by their lack of huge outbreaks onboard.  I would argue their ships are the safest place in the Med right now.