Free Cruise?

Moments ago my local tv news said Rcl will be seeking volunteers from general public for simulated cruises.  They went on to say rcl has not yet announced how you volunteer or when the simulation will sail but the sailings will remain close to us ports.

Not really much news there.  Probably rcl marketing just trying to get the word out there.

11 minutes ago, Ilikeboats said:

I just saw on my local TV station that Royal Carribean  is giving away free cruises to show how safe crusing is.  But I can't find anything about it anywhere.  Anyone else see something like this.

Thanks and just wondering . 

There are several volunteer threads.  I don't think many people from the general public will be invited to volunteer and it looks like it won't be a very pleasant experience.

From Insider Travel Report:

"As the saying goes, there is no such thing as a free lunch, or free cruise for that matter. Anyone interested in volunteering will be required to perform tasks to support the cruise lines’ efforts to prove the new protocols will support safe sailing, all part of the CDC issued 40 pages of requirements. Volunteers will need to be at least 18 years old and sign a waiver to acknowledge that there are risk associated with test cruises. In addition, all volunteer passengers and crew members must follow testing protocols, which includes rapid testing prior to both embarkation and disembarkation, the wearing of face masks, washing and sanitizing hands, and practicing social distancing."

Also, a doctor's note stating the person has no preexisting conditions and fit is required. 

Vicki Freed was quoted on another site:

“We’re working through all the details and I see the inboxes filling up with people saying ‘I want to volunteer’ but again, send me an email to vickilovestravelagents @ rccl.com if you truly do want to volunteer.”

Edited by livingonthebeach

Volunteer cruisers may indeed be sought -- but no pre-existing conditions allowed!  They only want perfect bodies like the models who appear in their ads & commercials -- but who look nothing like the "regular" folks on board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I don't think many people from the general public will be invited to volunteer and it looks like it won't be a very pleasant experience.

Agree on both counts.  But it won't stop the people here desperate to mask up and board a ship from dreaming.

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Agree on both counts.  But it won't stop the people here desperate to mask up and board a ship from dreaming.  I suspect if they looked for volunteers to be locked in a cabin for a week there would be people who would sign up.  As long as it was a balcony.......

Edited by bouhunter

20 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Agree on both counts.  But it won't stop the people here desperate to mask up and board a ship from dreaming.  I suspect if they looked for volunteers to be locked in a cabin for a week there would be people who would sign up.  As long as it was a balcony.......

At least it's free room and board 🤣 For the retirees living close to port it might make sense, for everyone else -- no.  The doctor's note might preclude most in this category leaving the younger, super fit with no job demands population to enjoy the "free" cruises. 

35 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

At least it's free room and board 🤣 For the retirees living close to port it might make sense, for everyone else -- no.  The doctor's note might preclude most in this category leaving the younger, super fit with no job demands population to enjoy the "free" cruises. 

Yea most retirees are old enough age is a pre condition. 

• Like 1