FCC/Refunds

CruiserCarol

Here is your review: 
We were a family traveling for 50th Anniversary celebration. We had 5 cabins booked in Yacht Club on Seaside March 2020. Due to Covid cruise was canceled, we have been extremely patient awaiting our future cruise certificate or our money back! After many hours on phone, and many emails we still have NOT received any compensation. We had another cruise booked for March 2021, that we canceled in September, and still have NOT received our deposits for THAT cruise either. We really need our money in theses trying times, and MSC has given us no customer service what so ever. We are extremely dissatisfied with MSC. Has anyone else had this problem? What more can I do? I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to to rectify this terrible situation. I realize cruise ships are having a difficult time, but MSC is a huge shipping line as well, and are not in as big of a hole as other lines. I wish them all well, and look forward to happy cruise time again. But as I said we are celebrating 50 years of marriage, and don’t have lots of time to wait. Thank you. 

26 minutes ago, CruiserCarol said:

Here is your review: 
We were a family traveling for 50th Anniversary celebration. We had 5 cabins booked in Yacht Club on Seaside March 2020. Due to Covid cruise was canceled, we have been extremely patient awaiting our future cruise certificate or our money back! After many hours on phone, and many emails we still have NOT received any compensation. We had another cruise booked for March 2021, that we canceled in September, and still have NOT received our deposits for THAT cruise either. We really need our money in theses trying times, and MSC has given us no customer service what so ever. We are extremely dissatisfied with MSC. Has anyone else had this problem? What more can I do? I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to to rectify this terrible situation. I realize cruise ships are having a difficult time, but MSC is a huge shipping line as well, and are not in as big of a hole as other lines. I wish them all well, and look forward to happy cruise time again. But as I said we are celebrating 50 years of marriage, and don’t have lots of time to wait. Thank you. 

Have you tried to contact the US Dept. of Transportation?

Here's their link which provides details on the help they can provide.  If you haven't tried yet, it's worth a try.

https://www.transportation.gov/mission/safety/passenger-cruise-ship-information

On 11/24/2020 at 2:55 PM, CruiserCarol said:

Here is your review: 

We were able to finally get our cruise refunded when we filed dispute with our credit card company. Supplied them with copies of emails from MSC stating refund will be given within 60 days of cancellation. Credit card company gave MSC 60 days from my dispute filing to counter our dispute. Final credit did come through, from MSC, at the 60 day mark of CC dispute.

your options may vary depending on the credit card you put the cruise charge on.....policies have changed for some, over the summer.

MSC are a disgrace, we will never cruise with them again.

We failed to get a refund after they cancelled our cruise after months of trying, eventually I filed a dispute with our CC provider.  We were refunded in full but NOT by MSC, they have yet to pay up.  The CC company is now their creditor, suggest OP files a dispute as MSC are untrustworthy

Sharing same frustration, had cruise scheduled on Meravaglia (sp) for April 11 2020. Was cancelled and opted to take FCC since this would have been our  7th family cruise on MSC. Three balcony staterooms always adjacent dreams come true for for children at the moment 

all under age 14. Received  e mail from MSC in mid  March stating

would receive FCC in 2-3 weeks, still waiting. Call once a week same old story, favorite words  pending, processing, expedited.  Over

$7500 invested and nobody gives a  "fat rats ankle";  what really hurts I am Sicilian I know I need to make a call but I suspect this treatment of people was not taught them by their parents. Shame on you MSC  in the very challenging time we live you have chosen to ignore the very people upon which you are dependent for your existence.  And yes I booked directly with MSC. So much for customer service