Disappointing Princess

Here is a link to the email from Princess at their website. Here is an example.

South Pacific

Nights
Papua New Guinea
Brisbane Roundtrip
Coral Princess®
Departs 2021:
25 Nov
  http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/PSAVERS_ic.png http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/PPLUS_ic.png
  Princess Saver Princess Plus
Interior
pp from
$1,539 $1,979
Oceanview
pp from
$1,969 $2,409
Balcony
pp from
$2,119 $2,559
Mini-Suite
pp from
$2,319 $2,759

*Fares are per person twin share.
View Deal
SAVE UP TO 35% OFF
launch fare per person~
Edited by By The Bay

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Mine came via a cruise planner who keeps pestering me but whom I never use.

She's based in the US and the one time I tried to phone her it was a public holiday there so no access. That's no use to me. If someone wants to be a cruise planner for an Australian guest then they need to be prepared to operate in Australian time even if it is a US public holiday.

I also received the same offer via a cruise planner as per my Princess email. I have used a different planner to help us in the past but always have used email. The replies were always very prompt.

Leigh

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Did you or OzKiwiJJ have Princess cruises booked before getting this email? We did.

Yes, we had three booked with Princess. I refared the Tassie one to get the free Plus package a week or so ago.

18 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Here is a link to the email from Princess at their website. Here is an example.

South Pacific

Nights
Papua New Guinea
Brisbane Roundtrip
Coral Princess®
Departs 2021:
25 Nov
  http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/PSAVERS_ic.png http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/PPLUS_ic.png
  Princess Saver Princess Plus
Interior
pp from
$1,539 $1,979
Oceanview
pp from
$1,969 $2,409
Balcony
pp from
$2,119 $2,559
Mini-Suite
pp from
$2,319 $2,759

*Fares are per person twin share.
View Deal
SAVE UP TO 35% OFF
launch fare per person~

The email I got showed this:

PrincessOfferNov20.PNG

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, we had three booked with Princess. I refared the Tassie one to get the free Plus package a week or so ago.

OK. So they weren't trying to tempt someone who didn't have a cruise booked. That theory is now shot down in flames. I will go back to the 'lottery' theory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

OK. So they weren't trying to tempt someone who didn't have a cruise booked. That theory is now shot down in flames. I will go back to the 'lottery' theory.

I think lottery is correct Aus Traveller and our numbers didn't come up! 😀

Leigh

44 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I think lottery is correct Aus Traveller and our numbers didn't come up! 😀

Leigh

I am happy with the cruise we have booked without the alcohol package. We can take our wine for the whole cruise and pay corkage - assuming that is still allowed. One of my sons said "Mum! Do you mean you will pay $15 corkage on a $10 bottle of Dan Murphy's wine!!" I pointed out that it would cost me $25 rather than $45 and I can have a bottle each without paying corkage. We are ahead.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am happy with the cruise we have booked without the alcohol package. We can take our wine for the whole cruise and pay corkage - assuming that is still allowed. One of my sons said "Mum! Do you mean you will pay $15 corkage on a $10 bottle of Dan Murphy's wine!!" I pointed out that it would cost me $25 rather than $45 and I can have a bottle each without paying corkage. We are ahead.

Yes, it's whatever suits you best.

We don't mind paying the Princess prices for wines we rarely get to drink at home, e.g. European wines. The new Princess winelist had a much bigger selection of wines and we really enjoyed trying some of them. Plus we can't be bothered lugging wine onboard with us. We'll give the Plus package a go, having the extra internet will be good on longer cruises - it was quite frustrating having to limit myself to 14 minutes a day on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise we did last year especially when I wanted to post photos of the drinks list etc. I had to post them at port stops when I found a cafe with internet. 

However it will depend on how good Princess is at providing the drinks we want, especially wine with dinner. We stopped getting the drinks package after it went up in price as it was border-line when it was $59pp if the service was poor, as it was on one cruise. I'm hoping they will do as they did on Sea Princess and have bar waiters deliverong the drinks to the dinner waiters' stations rather than having the assistant waiter try to fit them in with getting the meals.

Checked through my emails and found that I got the same as Julie did. Like her, mine also shows the name of my persistent  'cruise planner' (who I have never used, not even spoken to - have always booked direct online) And no, I have never booked "plus". My last booked cruise was cancelled by Princess a week or so before this email and I am Elite.

Did a couple of dummy bookings earlier and they came up with the discounted 'plus' fares for the two I tried - but of course as someone mentioned earlier, it does not apply to solo bookings 🙁.

Just now, boeckli said:

Checked through my emails and found that I got the same as Julie did. Like her, mine also shows the name of my persistent  'cruise planner' (who I have never used, not even spoken to - have always booked direct online) And no, I have never booked "plus". My last booked cruise was cancelled by Princess a week or so before this email and I am Elite.

Did a couple of dummy bookings earlier and they came up with the discounted 'plus' fares for the two I tried - but of course as someone mentioned earlier, it does not apply to solo bookings 🙁.

It sounds like like we have covered every possibility and nothing makes sense. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2