Suite Dining

charles2012

On 11/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, charles2012 said:

Hello, I am new to celebrity and was looking at the solstice for Alaska next summer. 

My parents are interested in the retreat however I am more intrigued by the Aqua class staterooms. If we were to sail together would they be able to go to blu with us or luminae with them? 

If this has been asked I apologize but could not find on quick search. 

thank you 

Yes, but you might be charged to go to Luminae.  If you can swing it, I highly recommend you both consider suite class.  The perks are wonderful.  The suite lounge is great and if you have AQ you cannot use it.  Many other great suite perks- look at the listing on Celebrity website.  AQ is a regular balcony stateroom with some IMO fluff perks- lotions, horrible tea, etc.  Blu is ok, but not great- And the thermal rooms, also not great, small and hot.  If you like you can try it for a small daily fee.  We went once and were very disappointed.  If you do not want a suite, consider a well located balcony cabin and dine in sp restaurants often.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

All I know is that on Silhouette the maitre'd said it was to be charged to the suite account, so I think El Crucero is right.  We didn't care we had a lot of OBC so it was nice to bring friends with us to dinner and didn't really cost anyone anything.

I was in a Royal Suite on Silhouette in 2018 and had family traveling with us who were not in a suite. We were able to have charges placed on our account one night as a gift to our companions and the other nights they dined with us it was charged to their own account. This was done without any issue or question. Have also done this on Eclipse in 2017 and Summit in 2019. So apparently I have been very lucky to have encountered all the flexible maitre’ds (sp?) onboard.

10 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I was in a Royal Suite on Silhouette in 2018 and had family traveling with us who were not in a suite. We were able to have charges placed on our account one night as a gift to our companions and the other nights they dined with us it was charged to their own account. This was done without any issue or question. Have also done this on Eclipse in 2017 and Summit in 2019. So apparently I have been very lucky to have encountered all the flexible maitre’ds (sp?) onboard.

Interesting we were on Silhouette for a TA in an RS in April 2018 and were not given a choice....

13 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Yes that has been my experience as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes that has been my experience as well.

We will be on Equinox   January 2022 with friends who won't be in a suite, we'll try this, hopefully it will work.  I don't know that non-suite guests will even be allowed in Luminae at all if they still have to adhere to lower occupancy venues and social distancing at that time.

4 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We will be on Equinox   January 2022 with friends who won't be in a suite, we'll try this, hopefully it will work.  I don't know that non-suite guests will even be allowed in Luminae at all if they still have to adhere to lower occupancy venues and social distancing at that time.

Hopefully by Jan 2022 this will mostly be in our rear view mirror!

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:28 PM, El Crucero said:

It must depend on the maitre'd.  We were told it had to go on the suite guests account, no exceptions.  Also suites were sold out on our Trans-Pac cruise.  There was always a wait if you wanted to dine in the 6pm to 8pm time slot.  Therefore the only possibility to bring a guest in was after 8pm.  They would not take reservations either.  Other itineraries may vary.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:32 PM, jagoffee said:

I would be very surprised if suites were not at 100% occupancy on ever cruise.  (Unless there were a lot of solo suite guests)

On 11/30/2020 at 10:55 PM, LGW59 said:

Not being rude, but kind of irrelevant, a solo cruiser pays as if they were two.  They that do are subsidizing others.

Sorry, I did not quote the post by EL Crucero, which May had lead to some confusion.  And my type of ever instead of every did not help.  The post stated that the suites were sold out on their cruise.

I was just trying to say that I would think all suites are 100% occupied on all cruises.  (Up sells, upgrades, etc.) If some of the cabins cruised with only one person in the cabin, it might be slightly crowded.  Of course some suite cabins may have more than two passengers.  I did mean to make any judgement about solo passengers as I know you pay a hefty supplement.  I apologize if I offended you.  It was not intentional.

My personal experience is that Luminae is not really crowded except on the Reflection.  The Reflection has more suites than the other Solstice Class ships, so this is well know. 

18 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

But we enjoy dining nightly with people we travel with   One or two nights sp restaurants work